Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

7/21 - GAME DAY THREAD

9 hours ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

Its A Very sad day in baseball today: A player I would not consider in the top 1000 all time baseball players is going into the HOF. I put him on the pretty good B level player but Not close to a HOF player list with players Like Larry Walker, Mosies Alou, Lance Berkman, Scott Rolen, Todd Helton, Al Oliver, Albert Belle, Dave Parker, Chilli Davis. The only difference is Everyone of these players listed also played Defense which is half of the whole game and some played defense at a HOF level too. but they just are not quite HOF level players but they are all better players then Edgar ever was. Its truly a sad day for baseball.

You know there’s a stat that take all of this into accounts. It’s called WAR. And even considering defense and baserunning, Edgar is better/much better (Chili Davis 😂😂) than almost everyone listed here. He is a top 5 RH bat of the last 30 years. Go look at the list of .300/.400/.500 career hitters ever and see what type of company Edgar keeps. 

Your post was a truly sad day for Rotoworld forums.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Lots of hard contact off of Plesac. Fastball velo dipping a bit as the game goes on. Not that impressed with him today.

dammit, Im can’t even stream against the orioles. Nice of wijjwiskoyzj or whatever’s the hell his name is to turn into Pedro Martinez though.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

dammit, Im can’t even stream against the orioles. Nice of wijjwiskoyzj or whatever’s the hell his name is to turn into Pedro Martinez though.

I think it might be time for both of us to just hang it up and ask the question "when does next season start?"

When Sam Witwicky (no interest in getting the name right) can pitch a no-hitter through 5 innings, and the only reason it's not a perfect game is because he hit Holt, then it's just time to call it a season...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Here's where Jack falls apart to mar an otherwise good start...

It’s uncanny how he can’t get through the 5th.  Maybe they should use an opener with him?

• Like 1

Man, hope the Ray's let Snell go one more inning.  He's only at 84 pitches, but it's the Ray's so I wonder. I could really use that QS. 

4 minutes ago, treat88 said:

Man, hope the Ray's let Snell go one more inning.  He's only at 84 pitches, but it's the Ray's so I wonder. I could really use that QS. 

they are desperate for wins.  i think they have to

7 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Way to go Flaherty. How many of those runs will now score? 

Zero?!

• Thanks 2

Impressive first inning for Morejon in his debut. Every one of his fastballs hit 97, spotted a few nice pitches in the top of the zone

Spiked a few off speed pitches but I saw 83 on his change up

Bloop single by Bryant was a bit unlucky and led to the run

blake snell looking good

6 innings 0 runs 3 hits 2 bb 10ks

in line for Win

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 1

Kepler with a 3 run tater. He's 2/2 and must of slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night. 

42 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I think it might be time for both of us to just hang it up and ask the question "when does next season start?"

When Sam Witwicky (no interest in getting the name right) can pitch a no-hitter through 5 innings, and the only reason it's not a perfect game is because he hit Holt, then it's just time to call it a season...

Ahahhaa...you did cashner too? We should have our own show.

Anybody stream Asher Wojochowski? 

Today before the game, I was listening to the Red Sox flag station WEEI, one of the sport jocks brought up the idea of trading JD Martinez for a few good young arms. Some playoff team could use his services. He mention if the Sox lost today then they lost two out of three to the lowly orioles. The next three are against the Rays then four against the Yankees. He thinks these eight games are crucial before the trading deadline. 

JD Martinez on the move? 

10 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Anyone watching the Phils game know what happened to segura?

I sure hope he is not hurt 

Morejon's stuff looks really good in his MLB debut. Once he matures a bit I wouldn't be at all surprised if he were a #2 quality arm.