Schmakky141

extra flex scoring position?? WHIR

Hey guys.

Whats everyones opinion on adjusting my 8 team, 0.5ppr leagues starting roster positions. I listen to the fantasy footballers podcast among a few others and have notice all of them love the idea of ditching the kicker, and adding an extra flex, especially in 8 or 10 team leagues. Purely because Kickers are a forgotten area and in smaller leagues, everyones flex is still generally pretty good. A second flex opens up the streaming option and the waiver wire more.

Thanks for everyones responses in advance.

WHIR

Definitely multiple Flex (or even a Superflex) can add a lot of strategy to the draft and to the weekly lineups, which is fun. I like having flex; not too many, but 1-2 is great. It does depend a bit on your scoring though; I've been in a league where the flex essentially had to be an RB, and then if anything again it detracts from the fun.

On the other hand, I'm not sure removing the kicker adds to the fun. Why not keep kickers? I don't see how the 2 are related.

How many positions would you then play, QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/2 Flex/K/D? How many bench? Adding bench space is also an idea to make the draft deeper, and limit the options on the wire.

37 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Definitely multiple Flex (or even a Superflex) can add a lot of strategy to the draft and to the weekly lineups, which is fun. I like having flex; not too many, but 1-2 is great. It does depend a bit on your scoring though; I've been in a league where the flex essentially had to be an RB, and then if anything again it detracts from the fun.

On the other hand, I'm not sure removing the kicker adds to the fun. Why not keep kickers? I don't see how the 2 are related.

How many positions would you then play, QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/2 Flex/K/D? How many bench? Adding bench space is also an idea to make the draft deeper, and limit the options on the wire.

Thanks for your response mate. Appreciate it.

I personally love the idea of a multi flex league and deeper bench.

currently it is -

1 qb

2 rb

2 wr

1 te

1 flex (rb/wr)

1 kicker

1 defence

6 bench

its a 0.5ppr scoring system with no adjustments made to default scoring.

and i should of added, that some bright spark when our league formed 4 years ago that it would be a good idea for coaches to “select their supported teams defence and kicker” as we have 8 coaches and 8 different supported teams...

I hate this personally and am looking for a way to get rid of it...

ala. ^^ question. Haha thanks again.

19 minutes ago, Schmakky141 said:

it would be a good idea for coaches to “select their supported teams defence and kicker” as we have 8 coaches and 8 different supported teams...

Yeah that severely limits the options. Get rid of that asap.

20 minutes ago, Schmakky141 said:

1 flex (rb/wr)

I totally would make that WRT (WR/RB/TE). Yahoo has options for WRT, W/R, W/T etc, although I doubt most of those make any difference, but you can get creative a bit to avoid RBs being too dominant, eg you could have one WRT and one W/T. With one more bench added you come to 17*8 = 136, so then people really need to delve into the WR/RB50 range. Makes it more fun I think!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Yeah that severely limits the options. Get rid of that asap.

I totally would make that WRT (WR/RB/TE). Yahoo has options for WRT, W/R, W/T etc, although I doubt most of those make any difference, but you can get creative a bit to avoid RBs being too dominant, eg you could have one WRT and one W/T. With one more bench added you come to 17*8 = 136, so then people really need to delve into the WR/RB50 range. Makes it more fun I think!

Thank you mate. Completely agree it will make it more fun!

last few seasons the waiver wire has been too easy to play, if an injury or something came up. 

Cheers bud

• Like 1