Sign in to follow this  
dudewithabadcat

Rex Burkhead 2019 Outlook

check the White thread ... unconfirmed rumor White misses the Miami game for birth of his child ... reddit hammering it, as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Pump the brakes - it has been one week.  Plus, when has Burkhead been able to stay healthy? Never...

He’s healthy now which is all that matters for a free player.  

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

check the White thread ... unconfirmed rumor White misses the Miami game for birth of his child ... reddit hammering it, as well. 

O'RLY....I have to say, with how Miami is looking & sounding, I will be thinking an awful lot this weekend of starting Rex. If White is indeed out, the floor would simply be too high not to start him.

Just now, wayzupusc said:

O'RLY....I have to say, with how Miami is looking & sounding, I will be thinking an awful lot this weekend of starting Rex. If White is indeed out, the floor would simply be too high not to start him.

no doubt -

again, i first saw it in the White thread, questioned the veracity, did some legwork ... seems dodgy, but - we'll know soon enuff if JW gets on the flight to Miami. 

If James white is definitely out then we def have to roll Rex out as an upside flex option. As seen from last week there’s going to be plenty of opportunity to run all over this defense in garbage time, like Gus Edwards last week. 

• Like 1

Wow Rexy is much more interesting without White if White is out this week.

2 hours ago, David Aames said:

Do we think he splits carries w sony?

I would think Sony gets 1st & 2nd...Rex gets all 3rd and some 1st & 2nd .....this could easily be a 15 touch day and that's gold against a Miami team that sounds like it's already given up.

Why would you not start him this week?

Vegas has them winning by around one million points.

He will get ten to fifteen touches.

Edited by clarkevii

Yeah, I was reading conflicting reports about White's availability.  There are even some Start/Sit articles that say his wife had a baby and he didn't make the trip.  But obviously unconfirmed rumors.

Can't feel good about Rex as the third fiddle behind Sony and James White.  The Hoodie will eff with all of us though, so I wouldn't be surprised if Rex got 15 carries and a TD.  But I also wouldn't be surprised if James Develin vultures 2 TDs either...

8 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

Bolden and harris inactive. 48.5 line. Choo-Choo?

Tempted to start Rex over Mike Sanders. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

Bolden and harris inactive. 48.5 line. Choo-Choo?

Not if White is active.

• Thanks 1

Another solid week with yardage. This offense still hasn't reached its full potential yet...I could see Rex getting 1k yards 4 TDs this season.

I really want to add him, since holding any piece of this soon to be historic 2019 Patriots offense looks promising. I just can't seem to justify picking him up right now, for even though he has done well given the work he was given so far, his touches are limited in this very crowded backfield. When does Harris come back?

10 minutes ago, kretan182 said:

I really want to add him, since holding any piece of this soon to be historic 2019 Patriots offense looks promising. I just can't seem to justify picking him up right now, for even though he has done well given the work he was given so far, his touches are limited in this very crowded backfield. When does Harris come back?

Harris isn’t hurt. He’s been a healthy scratch both weeks. Rexy is the 3rd RB right now. Or maybe even the 2b RB. 

• Like 2

Interesting fact I saw on Reddit: out of the 26 Patriots plays in the RZ so far, Rex has had 6 targets/rushes (Sony has 8).

BB loved using Rex in the RZ in 2017, hopefully the trend continues.

• Like 2

Rex only had 7 touches in a 43-0 game.  Pretty sure he's gonna need an injury or two ahead of him to be relevant.