Sign in to follow this  
dudewithabadcat

Rex Burkhead 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Szer0 said:

 

I am interested to see what happens when James White comes back...

It was 40:30:30 ish split favoring Michel/White/Rexy prior to this week...

This week it went 70:20:10 favoring Rexy/ BOLDEN / Sony...Does that mean Rexy taking the Dion Lewis (1st/2nd down back role)???

Pumped to get more data next week.

It should be 50:50 Rex and James. Michel is trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#sexyRexy has something that metrics and combines and SPARQ data can't touch, and that is the trust of both Hoodie and #12.

that goes a whole hell of a lot longer than any other peripheral- if these Pats injuries keep mounting up Bulkhead gonna climb his arse into solid rb2 convo. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

#sexyRexy has something that metrics and combines and SPARQ data can't touch, and that is the trust of both Hoodie and #12.

that goes a whole hell of a lot longer than any other peripheral- if these Pats injuries keep mounting up Bulkhead gonna climb his arse into solid rb2 convo. 

 

Fancy meeting you here again, Sir... 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

#sexyRexy has something that metrics and combines and SPARQ data can't touch, and that is the trust of both Hoodie and #12.

that goes a whole hell of a lot longer than any other peripheral- if these Pats injuries keep mounting up Bulkhead gonna climb his arse into solid rb2 convo. 

He was going to be one of my waiver/FA adds after this weekend  but then the White news forced me to grab him in a few spots right before kickoff. Was targeting him regardless of the White being active or not. Just have a gut feeling that this guy is going to have some season long value this year. Part of that is exactly what you laid out and what I posted earlier on in this thread where Belichek was singing his praises. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...I know we can never feel comfortable starting any Pats back, but the waiver wire is thin.  Is he one of the top RB waiver adds this week?  When will the Hoodie lose trust in Michel and start Rex?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CooL said:

So...I know we can never feel comfortable starting any Pats back, but the waiver wire is thin.  Is he one of the top RB waiver adds this week?  When will the Hoodie lose trust in Michel and start Rex?

Don't think his value increases because of anything like that. He co-existed with Dion Lewis in 2017 when both were viable fantasy backs. White muddies things a little but I think they like Burkhead more as a pure runner, which is a good sign since he is also a great receiver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Don't think his value increases because of anything like that. He co-existed with Dion Lewis in 2017 when both were viable fantasy backs. White muddies things a little but I think they like Burkhead more as a pure runner, which is a good sign since he is also a great receiver. 

Yup, I think the last time a NE back dominates touches in the recent history was LeGarette Blount. Even then, he was sharing time with Dion Lewis, until Lewis tore his ACL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a one week spot start.  Too many options in the backfield and BB is gonna BB.  Either Michel or White would have to get hurt to be able to project volume for rex

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

This was a one week spot start.  Too many options in the backfield and BB is gonna BB.  Either Michel or White would have to get hurt to be able to project volume for rex

 

Wrong answer

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

This was a one week spot start.  Too many options in the backfield and BB is gonna BB.  Either Michel or White would have to get hurt to be able to project volume for rex

 

no one is saying he's supplanted White/Michel as lead dog, but ... both Edelman and Flash got nicked yesterday - anything serious and it ups Rex's appeal big time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SuperMarksBros. said:

Can't argue with this logic

 

The probability of him having great value ROS is way higher than a one week rental. 

 

Obviously you don’t follow the Pats close enough. You just listen to the RBBC blabber. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

I'm definitely putting a claim in. He's worth a roster spot in 12+ team leagues, even in a crowded backfield.

If he's getting meaningful touches on the Patriots, I want a piece of the action. Especially in PPR. Will be interesting to see if he steals early down work from Michel going forward. It's clear that Bill and Josh trust Rex.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

If he's getting meaningful touches on the Patriots, I want a piece of the action. Especially in PPR. Will be interesting to see if he steals early down work from Michel going forward. It's clear that Bill and Josh trust Rex.

and Brady... the trio that matters love SexyRexy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

 

The probability of him having great value ROS is way higher than a one week rental. 

 

Obviously you don’t follow the Pats close enough. You just listen to the RBBC blabber. 

 

Probability based on what?  I acknowledged an injury would give him more value.  But that's the case in just about any backfield. 

Do you have anything else to add, or just a condescending tone without any logic or data behind it?

Edited by SuperMarksBros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

no one is saying he's supplanted White/Michel as lead dog, but ... both Edelman and Flash got nicked yesterday - anything serious and it ups Rex's appeal big time. 

If they split him out wide while another rb is also on the field, then you're definitely onto something. I saw a bit of that yesterday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

If they split him out wide while another rb is also on the field, then you're definitely onto something. I saw a bit of that yesterday

Rex is their Swiss knife running back. He can run the ball on early downs, catch passes out of the backfield, as a wide receiver, and he can punch it into the end zone. They trust him in all situations which leads me to believe he will continue to be heavily involved.

Edited by ponchsox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

 

Probability based on what?  I acknowledged an injury would give him more value.  But that's the case in just about any backfield. 

Do you have anything else to add, or just a condescending tone without any logic or data behind it?

 

Injury or or no injury Burkhead has a carved out role when he performs. He is performing, he has a role, and he isn’t going anywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy with him and he's looking like a potential steal if Michel or White is ever out for any significant amount of time. Otherwise he's going to struggle for flex status due to the snap distribution. Through three weeks he's 46%, 26%, and then 74% of the offensive snaps. That's actually comparable to White and way better than Michel, but this is an absolute true-blue RBBC where any guy could drop a dud on you any week.

 

Given draft capital, however, Burkhead is clearly the best value here.

Edited by LongBalls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

I'm happy with him and he's looking like a potential steal if Michel or White is ever out for any significant amount of time. Otherwise he's going to struggle for flex status due to the snap distribution. Through three weeks he's 46%, 26%, and then 74% of the offensive snaps. That's actually comparable to White and way better than Michel, but this is an absolute true-blue RBBC where any guy could drop a dud on you any week.

 

Given draft capital, however, Burkhead is clearly the best value here.

And that 26% came in AB"s game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked him up in one of my leagues as a flex player for week 3, but now I'm going to keep him. I own Michel in a couple leagues as well. While anything can change with BB, right now it appears Burkhead has a non zero chance of taking some of the lead back duties. Michel will still be in the mix, but staff doesn't appear to have a lot of confidence in him. So I like Burk's value in PPR---could take some lead back duties cause they seem reluctant to give them to Michel (except when playing the Dolphins), always has PPR catch value, and always a chance to score in this offense. An injury to either White or Michel and his value goes up significantly too. A lot of value adds there to keep him on the roster.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own Michel and cuffed him with Rex after week 1 usage.  Definitely not starting Michel for the time being - might even start Rex in a PPR league.  Man, what a mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think all 3 RBs have extremely low floors. Too many RB’s on the team that get utilized. Seems more like a desperate flex play to me when all 3 RB’s are healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.