Sign in to follow this  
dudewithabadcat

Rex Burkhead 2019 Outlook

He will probably still be heavily involved in the passing game because the Pats are really hurting at WR

17 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

Pats dropped him????

No, I meant someone in my league dropped him, tempted to try and make room on my bench to pick him up

On 10/15/2019 at 5:06 PM, mlrush said:

No, I meant someone in my league dropped him, tempted to try and make room on my bench to pick him up

Lownrisk high-ish upside. 

10 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

This stud will beast come playoff time

If he's on the field, and it's also not like Michel and White are going away.

Lots of rain today - Would expect him to be inactive because of the foot.

6 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Type of PPR freebie add that may pay off in the playoffs 

Two things have to happen.

1) Obviously, he has to stay healthy enough to be on the field.

2) He has to be on the field to get touches. He got on the field 13 times on offense last week...4 touches.

Hopefully they were just knocking the rust off and he will be more involved going forward but with Michel & White there....it'll never happen in any predictable way, which is how Bill likes it apparently.

1 hour ago, wayzupusc said:

Hopefully they were just knocking the rust off 

Going to go ahead and say that is 100% the case last weekend.  His touches are only going to increase.  

Assuming he should be a safe flex play is white is out? I read he is back from his foot injury but he ia listed as limited and questionable 😕

5 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

Assuming he should be a safe flex play is white is out? I read he is back from his foot injury but he ia listed as limited and questionable 😕

Yea he wont replace white’s production, but he should be OK. 14 points max, 7 points minimum.

tho I may be a bit too optimistic here

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Burkhead has done nothing outside of the Miami game. Why the repetitive excitement?

Huh?

1/2 PPR he started the year with:

11.0 vs PIT, 7.8 vs MIA, 15.9 vs NYJ. 
Then he was injured every game since then.

Came back last week on a limited basis to knock off the rust. 
He’s clearly shown he’s a startable fantasy commodity when healthy. 

• Like 1

Rexy was a few yards away from a TD and he would be popping all over the radar.  He looked strong with his minimal carries and targets.  This was not the ideal Patriots script.  His usage ramped up a bit more than last week.  I think we will continue to see him get even more ramped up until he gets injured again.  Sexy Rexy is literally the best dual threat back on this team....and the Pats love that flexibility.  This could be a Jamaal Williams type of pick up for the playoffs.  Not so sexy but it is so very Sexy Rexy. 

He is just mud in the water for Sony and White owners. He is decent at every area, but doesn't have one particular strength. Yet he isn't talented enough for the Pats to commit to him and use him as the ultimate chess piece. White is too good and very trusted in the receiving game and Michel has the higher pedigree and is at leastequal to Rex in short yardage. If one of them sits, I could imagine flexing Rex. But then Bolden has turned into an ugly vulture and at some point they will want to take a look at Damien Harris as well.

20 minutes ago, frog34 said:

He is just mud in the water for Sony and White owners. He is decent at every area, but doesn't have one particular strength. Yet he isn't talented enough for the Pats to commit to him and use him as the ultimate chess piece. White is too good and very trusted in the receiving game and Michel has the higher pedigree and is at leastequal to Rex in short yardage. If one of them sits, I could imagine flexing Rex. But then Bolden has turned into an ugly vulture and at some point they will want to take a look at Damien Harris as well.

Totally disagree.  Only thing that has ever really held Burkhead back is injuries and fumbles.  Bolden was played out of necessity due to Burkhead's absence and Damien ain't seeing the field this year bro.  History has shown us that a healthy Burkhead will capture a fantasy relevant amount of points on a week to week basis.  Patriots always take a fairly methodical approach when re-introducing RBs back into the lineup from injuries.  I wouldn't say that Burkhead has capitalized on the opportunities, but out of the BYE week - he might be all caught up and ready to rock.  His touches are increasing game to game.  Michel's touches are decreasing and he is just plodding along with this offensive line.  White is doing his White thing but he is dealing with a toe injury as well and they are going to manage that.  An fully unleashed Burkhead is a beast on the field.  There were glimpses of it Sunday night.  I wouldn't sleep on this with everything going on with this offense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Totally disagree.  Only thing that has ever really held Burkhead back is injuries and fumbles.  Bolden was played out of necessity due to Burkhead's absence and Damien ain't seeing the field this year bro.  History has shown us that a healthy Burkhead will capture a fantasy relevant amount of points on a week to week basis.  Patriots always take a fairly methodical approach when re-introducing RBs back into the lineup from injuries.  I wouldn't say that Burkhead has capitalized on the opportunities, but out of the BYE week - he might be all caught up and ready to rock.  His touches are increasing game to game.  Michel's touches are decreasing and he is just plodding along with this offensive line.  White is doing his White thing but he is dealing with a toe injury as well and they are going to manage that.  An fully unleashed Burkhead is a beast on the field.  There were glimpses of it Sunday night.  I wouldn't sleep on this with everything going on with this offense. 

I respect your opinion. Burkhead is a decent RB but has been in the league for quite a while and never produced anything special, much less consistently.

You say injuries and fumbles are to fault, but unfortunately at the RB positon those are things that don't bode well, especially with hardass coaches. I have no doubts that the Pats like Rex and he will have his game with 2 rushing TDs, maybe another one, but it's more throwing darts guessing the right game rather than relying on usage/facts/consistency.

He had 4 carries for 18 yards plus a 16 yard catch on 2 targets. Wouldn't call this glimpses, but Burkhead returning after injury to his complementary/unpredictable role.

1 minute ago, frog34 said:

I respect your opinion. Burkhead is a decent RB but has been in the league for quite a while and never produced anything special, much less consistently.

You say injuries and fumbles are to fault, but unfortunately at the RB positon those are things that don't bode well, especially with hardass coaches. I have no doubts that the Pats like Rex and he will have his game with 2 rushing TDs, maybe another one, but it's more throwing darts guessing the right game rather than relying on usage/facts/consistency.

He had 4 carries for 18 yards plus a 16 yard catch on 2 targets. Wouldn't call this glimpses, but Burkhead returning after injury to his complementary/unpredictable role.

Good points - I spend A LOT of time watching Patriots football.  This is typical of how the momentum builds.  

Anybody snag this guy after the waivers cleared?  Waiting until next week?  Totally understand.  Week 11 is the last time you are going to get this guy cheap.  Expect a BB gameplan around Edelman and Burkhead that is going to blow the doors off when they get back from the bye.