Sign in to follow this  
dudewithabadcat

Rex Burkhead 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Anybody snag this guy after the waivers cleared?  Waiting until next week?  Totally understand.  Week 11 is the last time you are going to get this guy cheap.  Expect a BB gameplan around Edelman and Burkhead that is going to blow the doors off when they get back from the bye. 

I didnt but I can't really see it. I dont think he has a role tbh. White seems to be the prefereed back as a pass catcher and Michel seems to be the short yardage guy. Burkhead just seems to be a little bit of both but his snapshare is encouraging. I don't watch much Patriots though

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat

24 snaps while nursing injury, anyone thing rex can get that up to 40 or so this week?

What bothers me about Burkead is that even at his ceiling he would still be in a timeshare. I'd rather bank on Gus Edwards or Brian Hill (whoops!), who are likely to see a significant role if taking over for the injured starter. Burkead might have more standalone value, might even have a 2 TD game along the way or something like that, but I'd never be 100% confident in starting him, even if Sony or White go down.

On 11/13/2019 at 6:27 AM, frog34 said:

What bothers me about Burkead is that even at his ceiling he would still be in a timeshare. I'd rather bank on Gus Edwards or Brian Hill (whoops!), who are likely to see a significant role if taking over for the injured starter. Burkead might have more standalone value, might even have a 2 TD game along the way or something like that, but I'd never be 100% confident in starting him, even if Sony or White go down.

Correct. In terms of overall ceiling, Burkhead is fairly low. However, as a desperate fill in he is a decent option if you are slammed with bye weeks or injuries.