Mikhov

Chris Paul 2019-2020 Outlook

He is tanking it on purpose.

Disgusting human being.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brosephd said:

what happened? blowout? damn 2 duds in a row.

Yep. Plus cp3 is playing very passive. 

3 hours ago, brosephd said:

one would think he want to up his trade value

You would think so. As a team why would U want to take on his contract if he’s playing like crap.

Close to dropping, this guy doesn't love the game only cares for the money. Terrible attitude. What looked like a steal at the beginning of the draft, end up being reason for losing the whole year. 

A big thanks to crew from Basketball monster. Pauls was even listed as a top 12 player per game. ROFL

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Close to dropping, this guy doesn't love the game only cares for the money. Terrible attitude. What looked like a steal at the beginning of the draft, end up being reason for losing the whole year. 

A big thanks to crew from Basketball monster. Pauls was even listed as a top 12 player per game. ROFL

Dude, i feel you he has been playing pretty awful. But no way you should drop him lol

27 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

damn, there's being a baby and whining...and you've one upped it claiming you'll lose all season after 3 games 🤣 

spacer.png

Moved on from him like two years ago. He is always hurt and is not that good. He is winning with his commercials though.

56 minutes ago, tifaes said:

Dude, i feel you he has been playing pretty awful. But no way you should drop him lol

The situation is much worse, because of his name there will be no dropping even if he continues to play like this. 

50 minutes ago, n3gative said:

damn, there's being a baby and whining...and you've one upped it claiming you'll lose all season after 3 games 🤣 

Generic response is generic. :)  . If he was just playing bad like Harden or Curry that wouldn't be so bad, this guy isn't even trying to play. 

Don't know in which leagues you play and with whom, but in serious league missing a 4th round pick(50th place) is a huge deal. Basicly you don't have room for any inj or any other early-mid missed picks. And even if everything goes perfectly you are not guaranteed to even qualify for playoffs. Simple as that. Playing in the league with yourself is a different story of course :D;)

Edited by AomineDaiki05

Haven't been able to watch an OKC game yet but is the offense running through SGA mainly? boxscore seem to have indicated that CP3 had a good start to the game but the blowout contributed to an early rest day.

I'm hoping his assists start trending up but it's not looking good after 3 games.

Saw both games. He is very passive. Dribbles the ball to the 3 point line and pass it to Gallo or SGA. Not much involved afterwards. Even Schroeder gives you more confidence for a good fantasy night than CP3 at the moment. Very strange team building right now. Also Adam's not so much involved. 

But to be clear. SGA looks phenomenal right now. Attacks the basket and everything else. He was the go to guy these last games. 

Edited by dorwell
  • Like 1

You can't write him off yet.  It's too early.  He will get it going in hopes of getting out of there.  I just don't know what contending team would be crazy enough to absorb that contract.  I still believe in the Point God, but his first step has clearly fallen off.  I hate seeing him out there with Schroeder at the same time, it's like they are just taking turns and there is no flow to the offense.  SGA is going to do his thing regardless. 

3 hours ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

The situation is much worse, because of his name there will be no dropping even if he continues to play like this. 

Generic response is generic. :)  . If he was just playing bad like Harden or Curry that wouldn't be so bad, this guy isn't even trying to play. 

Don't know in which leagues you play and with whom, but in serious league missing a 4th round pick(50th place) is a huge deal. Basicly you don't have room for any inj or any other early-mid missed picks. And even if everything goes perfectly you are not guaranteed to even qualify for playoffs. Simple as that. Playing in the league with yourself is a different story of course :D;)

because of his name, he'll have trade value if you do trade him so it ain't that bad. It's also been 3 games, yall panicking like he hurt or on diuretics 😂

• Like 1

I'm not going to panic yet.  The first game was nice (albeit low assists), second game was a dud, and he seemed to be playing very well in the third game until the Thunder ran away with it.  Didn't play much, probably so they wouldn't have to sit him tonight on the second game of a back-to-back.

If he gets 30 minutes tonight and doesn't do anything with it, I might float some trades out there.

15 minutes ago, snerpy said:

because of his name, he'll have trade value if you do trade him so it ain't that bad. It's also been 3 games, yall panicking like he hurt or on diuretics 😂

Again I'll have to repeat myself. Noone in a semi-serious league would accept bad playing player just because his name has value. Buy low and Sell high are terms used when playing in a league with complete morons. Looking at your team it is clear to see in which league you are playing. 
His days are over, teams in serious leagues will have to manage somehow without him contributing anything. 

Edited by AomineDaiki05

8 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Again I'll have to repeat myself. Noone in a semi-serious league would accept bad playing player just because his name has value. Buy low and Sell high are terms used when playing in a league with complete morons. 
His days are over, teams in serious leagues will have to manage somehow without him contributing anything. 

I think many owners would accept a "bad playing player" not only because of his name but because of his body of work. You aren't talking about some random G-league player that just got called up to the league. This is Chris effing Paul, Gatekeeper of the Conference Finals and part time State Farm agent. Put some respek on his name. 

Edited by snerpy
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, snerpy said:

I think many owners would accept a "bad playing player" not only because of his name but because of his body of work. You aren't talking about some random G-league player that just got called up to the league. This is Chris effing Paul, Gatekeeper of the Conference Finals and part time State Farm agent. Put some respek on his name. 

Agreed, but that kind of people are not playing seriosly they are playing for a laugh.
Respect is given to the players who love the game of basketball, not to money-hungry crybabies. What was the turning point for him that made him hate this game, I don't know but it is clear as day that he has no interest in playing it. 

42 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Agreed, but that kind of people are not playing seriosly they are playing for a laugh.
Respect is given to the players who love the game of basketball, not to money-hungry crybabies. What was the turning point for him that made him hate this game, I don't know but it is clear as day that he has no interest in playing it. 

Hate the game? Did you watch him play yesterday? What in the game or any of the three they have played so far made you think he is mailing it in?

I think he is just playing within their offense and is not being asked to be as ball dominant as prime Chris Paul. Plus he is not prime Chris Paul anymore and he knows it. He is picking his spots and aware that this is SGA’s team with Schroder being asked to handle the ball as well with Gallo also providing offense. 

I don’t have him, but I really think he is just playing the role that is required of him by Donovan.

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Hate the game? Did you watch him play yesterday? What in the game or any of the three they have played so far made you think he is mailing it in?

I think he is just playing within their offense and is not being asked to be as ball dominant as prime Chris Paul. Plus he is not prime Chris Paul anymore and he knows it. He is picking his spots and aware that this is SGA’s team with Schroder being asked to handle the ball as well with Gallo also providing offense. 

I don’t have him, but I really think he is just playing the role that is required of him by Donovan.

I agree with this and would add that he is on a new squad with new teammates. He’s gotta feel this thing out before he can really get going. We are three games in, and he’s really only had one bad one. He just didn’t get a lot of run yesterday bc of the blow-out/back to back factors 

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Well watching the games made me think that he is completely uninterested. It was also Harden's team last year and he still played well. 
Almost all basketball players love the game and because of that are super competitive. You think any other NBA Superstar would allow some kid to dominate over him. It is only possible because he does not care. At this point in his career it is much better for him not to play. He'll get payed either way. Not being in his prime is not an exuse. Every other player is trying to prove that they still have it, only Chris Paul doesn't care. 

I am kinda disappointed in myself, always suspected that he is a bad sporstman. He proved me right and I have noone to blame but myself. 

I guess he still has couple of games to prove himself, but it does not look good. If not it will be a sad ending to his great career.