Mikhov

Chris Paul 2019-2020 Outlook

Terrible.  Unathletic and slow.

Dropping for next hot FA. 

Its so bad im thinking of dropping for M.Smart.

Edited by DLG10

2 hours ago, echho said:

he's unplayable right now 

1 hour ago, DLG10 said:

Terrible.  Unathletic and slow.

Dropping for next hot FA. 

Its so bad im thinking of dropping for M.Smart.

Maybe step back from the ledge? I would honestly take 21/5/5 with 2 steals every night from CP3.

• Like 2

Traded him and WCJ for Jonathan Isaac. Paul looks like he doesn't even want to play anymore. I knew after he couldn't even muster a semi decent performance for a revenge game against the Rockets that he just doesn't care about playing well while he's in OKC. Couple that with his injury track record and I just couldn't keep him for my own mental health. People will probably say I overpaid in that trade, but honestly nobody wanted to give me much back for CP3 and I can't blame them. He's shooting horribly, losing his minutes to SGA and even friggin' Schroeder, and he's likely to get injured or at the very least load managed. I'm obviously biased but I say trade this washed up clown while you can.

21 minutes ago, QingJames said:

Traded him and WCJ for Jonathan Isaac. Paul looks like he doesn't even want to play anymore. I knew after he couldn't even muster a semi decent performance for a revenge game against the Rockets that he just doesn't care about playing well while he's in OKC. Couple that with his injury track record and I just couldn't keep him for my own mental health. People will probably say I overpaid in that trade, but honestly nobody wanted to give me much back for CP3 and I can't blame them. He's shooting horribly, losing his minutes to SGA and even friggin' Schroeder, and he's likely to get injured or at the very least load managed. I'm obviously biased but I say trade this washed up clown while you can.

Wow, there are terrible trades and then there is YOUR trade. Just WOW. Ok I am done with being an a** :) 
It was a terrible trade. Isaac started amazing, but we know that he has no chance of shooting over 50% and maintaining 2.8 blocks. He'll start falling off quickly. Wouldn't be surprised if he falls off from top 100, but realisticly he'll be top 75, top 50 if he learns how to score a basket or if he somehow manages to keep his blocks in 1.6 - 2.0 range.
WCJ is only slighly worse than him. Isaac steals and shoots more threes, but Carters fg% and rebounds better. They are both decent blockers which is the main reason for picking both of them. 
Chris Paul is complete trash right now. He does not want to play, but when he wants to he still can be as dominant as he used to be. He is fantasy cancer right now, but still he is Chris Paul.
You don't use him to upgrade your grade B- WCJ into grade B Isaac, for that there are some waiver players in form. Even if you traded Chis Paul for Isaac without adding WCj it still wouldn't be that great, but I as a Paul owner I completely would understand that. 

8 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Wow, there are terrible trades and then there is YOUR trade. Just WOW. Ok I am done with being an a** :) 
It was a terrible trade. Isaac started amazing, but we know that he has no chance of shooting over 50% and maintaining 2.8 blocks. He'll start falling off quickly. Wouldn't be surprised if he falls off from top 100, but realisticly he'll be top 75, top 50 if he learns how to score a basket or if he somehow manages to keep his blocks in 1.6 - 2.0 range.
WCJ is only slighly worse than him. Isaac steals and shoots more threes, but Carters fg% and rebounds better. They are both decent blockers which is the main reason for picking both of them. 
Chris Paul is complete trash right now. He does not want to play, but when he wants to he still can be as dominant as he used to be. He is fantasy cancer right now, but still he is Chris Paul.
You don't use him to upgrade your grade B- WCJ into grade B Isaac, for that there are some waiver players in form. Even if you traded Chis Paul for Isaac without adding WCj it still wouldn't be that great, but I as a Paul owner I completely would understand that. 

Carter didn’t shoot above 50% last year and there’s no reason to expect he will this year, especially considering how bad the Bulls are and how volatile their rotation can be, while Isaac put on 30 pounds and has clearly been using it to bully defenders and make more shots closer to the basket. Anyway I don’t want to get off topic from the thread, but CP3 has such bad long term value in fantasy this season that you’re kidding yourself if you think you shouldn’t use him as a trade piece to upgrade a player. First of all, he’ll continue to play like complete garbage in OKC because he doesn’t want to be there, and he’ll tank your FG% and give you a million turnovers while he plays. Second, he has never been able to stay healthy in his career and the Thunder will rest him frequently and at the slightest sign of a potential injury, because they don’t need him and they don’t want to risk him getting a terrible injury and them being on the hook for his monstrous contract. This also makes him a prime candidate for a shut down during the fantasy playoffs when OKC is going nowhere.

The ONLY reason to keep Paul is if you think he’s going to be traded at the deadline to a contender, and who the hell is going to take on his contract? The only teams I can see doing it are the Heat (who have few assets and don’t have the cap space to acquire him, and seemingly won’t have much use to him with their two young star guards + Dragic) or a dummy organization like Detroit, where Paul will still not be happy and will still play like trash. CP3 is worthless this season.

2 hours ago, Illuminati said:

He hasn't even rested yet and things aren't looking good. Sell 'high' if I can.

He hasn't even rested yet? But he rests from practice during the games

I've been trying to get Buddy Hield for him in a trade but I was countered lol.

26 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

I've been trying to get Buddy Hield for him in a trade but I was countered lol.

Are you me? Lmao been trying to do the same. But I know it won’t happen straight up. Let me know if you are able to get it done. Curious as to what you gave up.

CP3 is gonna have to string together a couple of 15/5/5+ games for sure for people to start feeling ok about him.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 7:12 PM, QingJames said:

Nice move.

Has everyone clamed down and stopped panicking over him? A seasoned veteran whos game doesnt diminish with age, expect 16 and 7  with 1.5+ steals and 2+ threes for the rest of season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Has everyone clamed down and stopped panicking over him? A seasoned veteran whos game doesnt diminish with age, expect 16 and 7  with 1.5+ steals and 2+ threes for the rest of season.

SELL HIGH

/s

who would you guys target if you were to sell? In my current league i got an offer of lavine. I would think cp3 still high value since he is not as injury prone and can produce top 20 value

9 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

who would you guys target if you were to sell? In my current league i got an offer of lavine. I would think cp3 still high value since he is not as injury prone and can produce top 20 value

I would sell him for LaVine without hesitation.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, yung_fetty said:

I would sell him for LaVine without hesitation.

Based on possible occasional rest in future games? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, the1gq2nvy said:

Based on possible occasional rest in future games? 

Yep. I proposed a trade request for Lavine in my league. Trade was rejected. Proposed another trade for VanVleet which is currently being considered. I don't think Chris Paul is a player anyone wants to hold during playoff weeks.

27 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Yep. I proposed a trade request for Lavine in my league. Trade was rejected. Proposed another trade for VanVleet which is currently being considered. I don't think Chris Paul is a player anyone wants to hold during playoff weeks.

funny you mention that...I just sold vanvleet for steven adams in one league. His been doing well but I got him in 10th round and currently stacked with guards. That might be selling way too low for cp3 though