Mikhov

Chris Paul 2019-2020 Outlook

I currently have a big heavy team and was looking for point guards, im looking at trading away turner and getting cp3, what do yall think about that?

7 minutes ago, tomtomtom said:

I currently have a big heavy team and was looking for point guards, im looking at trading away turner and getting cp3, what do yall think about that?

AC is what I think. ✌️

Point god , love the assist to turnover ratio.

This man has been top 5 fantasy over the last decade. Ride until the wheels fall off he’s always been fantasy relevant.

trading for a top 40 asset might be worth it in H2H , yet only time will tell 

Edited by Simsanityy179

main concern was him being traded midseason, doesnt look like that will happen according to zowe/woj. other concerns maybe shutdown if they fall out of playoff contention? hes putting up 1-2 round value so sell high if you want, just not sure who i'd want in return. jrue holiday?

12 minutes ago, brosephd said:

main concern was him being traded midseason, doesnt look like that will happen according to zowe/woj. other concerns maybe shutdown if they fall out of playoff contention? hes putting up 1-2 round value so sell high if you want, just not sure who i'd want in return. jrue holiday?

Ummm.. isn't the concern that he won't be traded?

I don't think they can just shut him down as it's prohibited by NBA rules I assume, but his minutes will likely be going down by a lot if he's not traded, regardless of whether they make the playoffs.

2 hours ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Ummm.. isn't the concern that he won't be traded?

I don't think they can just shut him down as it's prohibited by NBA rules I assume, but his minutes will likely be going down by a lot if he's not traded, regardless of whether they make the playoffs.

Why would they go down all of a sudden. What’s the point for OKC or himself if he isn’t going anywhere else anyway? Just let the man keep running point. 

I think it is better mentoring for SGA to watch CP in action than taking a back seat to him. Bledsoe was mentored by CP3 while being his back up in his Clippers days. Also, they are on track for play off. It makes sense right now for OKC to let CP be himself, with his PT around 30 mins and a day to rest sporadically.

6 hours ago, Jackdean33 said:

Why would they go down all of a sudden. What’s the point for OKC or himself if he isn’t going anywhere else anyway? Just let the man keep running point. 

Chris Paul is old and has one of the most expensive salaries in the next 2 years at $80 million. If he gets injured, teams will not trade for him in the off-season. To lower the chances of injury, they will decrease his minutes. 

OKC also has their own top 20 protected draft pick in 2020 otherwise it goes to Philly. In order to go higher in the draft and be within the top 20 range, they need a lower record this season.

I get it that making the playoffs sound great and probably will give their young core some really good experience, but it's simply not worth the potential costs of keeping an injured cp3 and losing a lottery pick. 

SGA will still learn a lot from being around Chris Paul, but there's no need to see him play 30 a night. They can watch his old film if necessary. That's why OKC are still aggressively trading him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Igno said:

I think it is better mentoring for SGA to watch CP in action than taking a back seat to him. Bledsoe was mentored by CP3 while being his back up in his Clippers days. Also, they are on track for play off. It makes sense right now for OKC to let CP be himself, with his PT around 30 mins and a day to rest sporadically.

Clippers had aspirations to win by playing Chris Paul. Bledsoe playing behind him and learning from him was simply a bonus. OKC does not and should not focus on winning now. Letting Chris Paul play 30 a night to reach playoffs are meaningless besides some experience for their young guys. It comes with the expense of potentially a lottery pick and their chances of trading injury-prone Chris Paul in the off-season. If playoffs and mentoring SGA were more important than those, they wouldn't be shopping Chris Paul so aggressively right now. I just don't think it's good for him to stay in OKC or any rebuilding team otherwise he won't be playing much after the trade deadline.

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose

3 hours ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Chris Paul is old and has one of the most expensive salaries in the next 2 years at $80 million. If he gets injured, teams will not trade for him in the off-season. To lower the chances of injury, they will decrease his minutes. 

OKC also has their own top 20 protected draft pick in 2020 otherwise it goes to Philly. In order to go higher in the draft and be within the top 20 range, they need a lower record this season.

I get it that making the playoffs sound great and probably will give their young core some really good experience, but it's simply not worth the potential costs of keeping an injured cp3 and losing a lottery pick. 

SGA will still learn a lot from being around Chris Paul, but there's no need to see him play 30 a night. They can watch his old film if necessary. That's why OKC are still aggressively trading him.

They could play him 45 minutes a night and they’d still keep their pick if it’s top 20 protected. 

This team won’t stay in the playoff race let alone finish top 5 in the West. 

It actually creates more incentive to play him for playoff experience to guys like SGA if they are around that 7-10th mark in the West.

No chance they are up in that top 5 area so may as well go for the 7-8 seed if they are somehow in the hunt later in the season as playoff experience is invaluable.

Getting playoff experience into your young guys and getting the 15-17 pick is better than not having that experience and getting a 13-14 pick imo. 

He's getting paid a huge salary, I don't buy this idea that Chris Paul is going to sit numerous games because OKC may be out of the playoff race. 

1 hour ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Clippers had aspirations to win by playing Chris Paul. Bledsoe playing behind him and learning from him was simply a bonus. OKC does not and should not focus on winning now. Letting Chris Paul play 30 a night to reach playoffs are meaningless besides some experience for their young guys. It comes with the expense of potentially a lottery pick and their chances of trading injury-prone Chris Paul in the off-season. If playoffs and mentoring SGA were more important than those, they wouldn't be shopping Chris Paul so aggressively right now. I just don't think it's good for him to stay in OKC or any rebuilding team otherwise he won't be playing much after the trade deadline.

Where are you even getting this information? Everything Shams and Woj have released is CONTRARY to what you've been saying. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jackdean33 said:

They could play him 45 minutes a night and they’d still keep their pick if it’s top 20 protected. 

This team won’t stay in the playoff race let alone finish top 5 in the West. 

It actually creates more incentive to play him for playoff experience to guys like SGA if they are around that 7-10th mark in the West.

No chance they are up in that top 5 area so may as well go for the 7-8 seed if they are somehow in the hunt later in the season as playoff experience is invaluable.

Getting playoff experience into your young guys and getting the 15-17 pick is better than not having that experience and getting a 13-14 pick imo. 

I'm confused by what you're trying to say.

The team won't stay in playoff race, but you believe they should play CP to give young guys playoff experience?🤔

This team has made 3 of their starters available in trades and if any one of them get traded, they won't make the playoffs. If they don't get traded, their chances of making the playoffs are still slim. If they're not in the running for playoffs, is playing CP 30+ mins really good for the team's long term plans? This guy is 34 years old and has 2 years 80M remaining in his contract, and he has a history of getting injured. I don't see the logic in that.

4 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Where are you even getting this information? Everything Shams and Woj have released is CONTRARY to what you've been saying. 

Not sure where I can get this now but I listened to Woj in The Jump the other day and he said OKC are still open to trading Danilo, CP3, and Adams. He also said there's currently no market demand for CP, but doesn't change the fact that he's available. 

39 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

He's getting paid a huge salary, I don't buy this idea that Chris Paul is going to sit numerous games because OKC may be out of the playoff race. 

I don't know how to explain this, but let me give it a try.

A player's salary does not determine their playing time.

(For some reason, I had to think pretty hard about it to come up with this explanation.🤣 Correct me if I'm wrong.)

33 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

I don't know how to explain this, but let me give it a try.

A player's salary does not determine their playing time.

(For some reason, I had to think pretty hard about it to come up with this explanation.🤣 Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Not entirely, but he's the 'star' of the team and teams care about ticket sales. Unless he's injured, he'll be out there.

16 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Not entirely, but he's the 'star' of the team and teams care about ticket sales. Unless he's injured, he'll be out there.

I can see that as a possibility. I don't know how true it is, but I personally would rather watch my home team against CP than Schroder.

However, trade deadline is Feb 6th and, if they're not in the race for playoffs anymore, do you think they'll want to keep playing CP at 30 mins a night for ticket sales? I don't know the #s, but I have a feeling keeping him healthy to get rid of his massive salary in the off-season would be more of a priority than selling more tickets in the last 2 months of the season.

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose

11 hours ago, Igno said:

Yea not giving SGA more opportunities and responsibilities is the way to develop him... 

17 minutes ago, SundayMorning said:

Yea not giving SGA more opportunities and responsibilities is the way to develop him... 

Given how SGA looks when he’s playing now maybe he needs to do more watching.

16 minutes ago, SundayMorning said:

...not what I meant.
Just because you let CP play does not necessarily mean SGA gets benched or underdeveloped. That is simple-minded logic. You can not take into account only usage.
If SGA is ready, he can thrive alongside one of the purest pointguards the league has ever seen.
Giving the ball to SGA and surrounding him with talent-lacking guys like Ferguson and Bazley, will give more opportunities and responsibilities but that is not developing. You think Sexton was developed last year? Barret was developed this year? 
CP3 ==> loose to play ==> better mentor  
CP3 ==> sidelined ==> no mentoring