Mikhov

Chris Paul 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Is there anyone else who think that cp3 has lowkey legit early round value ROS?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im thinking ROS stats of 16-18pts, 4.5reb, 7ast, 1.5stls, 2 threes, elite percentages for a guard, 1.8tov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a per game basis everything he's done so far is sustainable. If anything 1.6 steals should improve in the near future.

Total value who knows but i'm riding until the wheels fall off.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, simon said:

Is there anyone else who think that cp3 has lowkey legit early round value ROS?

 

 

Some do, but everyone in my league is avoiding him. I just don't think it's ideal for OKC to continue rolling with him at 30 mins/g when there's no chance he'll be moved before the off-season despite their unexpected success this season thus far.

If he's not traded, I can see minutes as low as 15-20 a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Some do, but everyone in my league is avoiding him. I just don't think it's ideal for OKC to continue rolling with him at 30 mins/g when there's no chance he'll be moved before the off-season despite their unexpected success this season thus far.

If he's not traded, I can see minutes as low as 15-20 a game.

LOL seriously man your comments are getting worse by the day. OKC is a small market and in a playoff spot. Can’t believe I actually wasted time responding to such a comical reply 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

LOL seriously man your comments are getting worse by the day. OKC is a small market and in a playoff spot. Can’t believe I actually wasted time responding to such a comical reply 

🙄 

What's your definition of "small market"?

They came into the season with the intentions of trading Chris Paul and still are open to it. Analysts were all expecting them to play Chris Paul more minutes and for him to perform well enough to trade him. That's still their goal and if the right trade comes along, they'll pull the trigger regardless of whether they're in playoffs. How is that an absurd take when Woj, KOC, etc. are all saying the same thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Analysts have never been wrong before, right? 

Btw, which of them was talking about the Westbrook/CP3 trade before it happened? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, linkr said:

Analysts have never been wrong before, right? 

Everyone has been wrong before including NBA Analysts. Great value added there. 

15 minutes ago, linkr said:

Btw, which of them was talking about the Westbrook/CP3 trade before it happened? 

I don't know, but what's the relevancy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Some do, but everyone in my league is avoiding him. I just don't think it's ideal for OKC to continue rolling with him at 30 mins/g when there's no chance he'll be moved before the off-season despite their unexpected success this season thus far.

If he's not traded, I can see minutes as low as 15-20 a game.

Absolutely not, they’re already managing his minutes by capping him around 30, and easing his load in the first half of games.

If they stay in playoff contention this is his role ROS.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

Absolutely not, they’re already managing his minutes by capping him around 30, and easing his load in the first half of games.

If they stay in playoff contention this is his role ROS.

I don't buy into that playoff contention reasoning. There's little benefit to making the playoffs aside from some experience for SGA. I see a lot more benefit for resting CP and tanking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is everyone talking as if okc are in tank mode? They are currently sitting 7th in the west and cp3 is a big part of the reason why.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wise guy91 said:

Why is everyone talking as if okc are in tank mode? They are currently sitting 7th in the west and cp3 is a big part of the reason why.

 

They're not in tank mode now. I'm talking about by trade deadline.

Their 7th seed contains a lot of contingencies. OKC are still sellers for Adams, Gallo, and CP. Gallo is likely to be traded this season while Adams recently received interest from ATL. CP is the only one who is unlikely to be to moved because there are no buyers. It's not a good situation. The remain in playoff contentions is not something I buy and I don't think it's a smart decision for the team to really go all in on that this season.

Typically, players in teams that are on the fringe of playoffs are great in fantasy, but this particular situation is different. The uncertainty around the rest of the season for this team and CP's role is not simply this team is a playoff team and CP will remain the same ROS.

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

I don't buy into that playoff contention reasoning. There's little benefit to making the playoffs aside from some experience for SGA. I see a lot more benefit for resting CP and tanking.

There are other reasons teams vie for playoff positons and it isnt always about furthering player development/experience but about that cold hard playoff revenue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

I don't buy into that playoff contention reasoning. There's little benefit to making the playoffs aside from some experience for SGA. I see a lot more benefit for resting CP and tanking.

That makes sense logically, but it’s very rare for teams to embrace that.

Short term success keeps coach’s jobs and Donovan is on the hot seat. They’ll be playing for the playoffs if they’re in contention.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, owlette said:

There are other reasons teams vie for playoff positons and it isnt always about furthering player development/experience but about that cold hard playoff revenue.

Interesting point. Someone else said this as well and it makes sense if they're in contention. I think this if condition has a lot of sensitive factors.

3 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

That makes sense logically, but it’s very rare for teams to embrace that.

Short term success keeps coach’s jobs and Donovan is on the hot seat. They’ll be playing for the playoffs if they’re in contention.

Sounds reasonable. Let's see. There's a big chance CP won't be moved by trade deadline so it'll be interesting to see whether OKC decides to continue their playoff push.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Interesting point. Someone else said this as well and it makes sense if they're in contention. I think this if condition has a lot of sensitive factors.

Sounds reasonable. Let's see. There's a big chance CP won't be moved by trade deadline so it'll be interesting to see whether OKC decides to continue their playoff push.

Yeah I would be a little nervous if they fall out of contention.

Drafted SGA in both of the leagues I have CP3 as a handcuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This dude's been unreal the past month. Putting up 16 points, 5 rebounds, 7.4 assists, 1.4 steals on 50% FG and 93.5% FT with only 1.4 TOs per game. UNREAL efficiency. 1st rounder. 

There's absolutely no way you get equal value back in a trade. Riding him till the wheels fall off I guess. 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's still a good player, but if you think that OKC is going to be able to trade him, think again.  They would need to find another team with a bloated contract superstar who is still good, and somehow older than CP3 (for the other team to want to trade someone away), and willing to maybe throw in some second round picks.  The contract the Rockets gave CP3 basically is a no trade clause.  Houston gave away multiple picks and pick swaps to trade for arguable a worse player, just to get out from under that contract.  I don't know if Morey got ahead of himself though.  I think CP3 is still the better fit.  But then maybe there were other issues in the locker room.  CP3 for the Thunder at least allows the young players to develop vs Westbrook who wouldn't be having any of that with his triple doubles.  Thunder being in the playoffs race is a godsend.  Hard to say what happens if/when they can trade away Adams.  He's worth a few wins by himself I believe.  Though Noel isn't too shabby, he's not on the same impact level. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DavisStuffer said:

Got offered Chris Paul for Donovan Mitchell. Is CP3 worth more? Will he sustain?

Mitchell doesn't have the uncertainty in minutes late in the season. Besides that, if both players are healthy, CP3 might be might slightly above Mitchell. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Mitchell doesn't have the uncertainty in minutes late in the season. Besides that, if both players are healthy, CP3 might be might slightly above Mitchell. 

He's significantly above Mitchell in rankings. But obviously comes with more potential for injury/rest. Doubt he will be shut down given their playoff position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CP3 is easily the smartest player in the league what a joy to watch! Hope OKC makes the playoffs and he gets one final run in 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should be a crime that he was drafted in the 50's this year...injury prone player when it comes late into the season but when he plays this guy is simply stellar. It comes down to load management late into the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.