Chrizz

Jrue Holiday 2019-2020 Outlook

10 minutes ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

Seriously! Your season is ruined. Drop now! 

ūüôĄ¬†OMG OK!!!! WILL DO

Fortunately, MRI came back clean. Day to day. hoping he gets his rest and comes back 100%. Need him to break out of this funk.

Edited by XNW

I'm really excited about this pelicans team.

Even though internally I'm screaming at jrues production right now, it's true he realistically he came into the season a little out of it. I think a few days off is good to get his conditioning back.

As for his production, I think it will come. Jrue is such a good leader u see hows hes openly letting BI, lonzoand favors work through it, he's unselfish. Hopefully once chemistry starts to click we can see jrue take over, especially with Zion at the helm.

All i know is, in the last few moments in the mavericks game when there was a stills  chance, when Kristaps shot a 3 and failed, it was because of jrue holiday, whose defensive presence stop the Latvian giant in his tracks.

I'm hoping jrue breaks out, otherwise I'm never gonna draft a player next time just because his GM said hes gonna be an mvp next season

He's a proven all star that wants to yield ways for young guns to learn and improve. I believe the overall agenda is youth development. I can see him remaining as a mentor or getting traded for an all star big who can shoot.

So went back and looked at some posts after he started slow last year to begin the year and here are a couple....

One.....

Well.. I guess just ride it out all season.

can't sell him, can't drop him...

He's also on my squad btw. Ouch!

Two....

Felt I had a great draft, but just didn't like this pick in the 3rd...Was nervous before game and yep, I was right...Darn, darn!! Randle and Payton are going to hugely affect his usage...Payton and Randle both with much better stat sheets, freaking embarrassing! I hated this pick and now hated even more!! Ok, I've vented...

Three...

Please Jrue, don't ever let scrub Payton outplay you ever again..have some pride!! Only pick I didn't feel comfortable with and now I hate it after first game, at this point I just want to go back to at least not feeling comfortable with it, lol..that's it!!

Anyways this was after one game....lol. We all know how things turned out. Yeah yeah I get the knee thing isn't ideal but this is just an example of the kind of panic we have in here each year to begin the season...even with proven players. 

Edited by HK-47
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Randle and Payton are on the Knicks now. Jrue will be fine, but I do see load management days after he gets back. Also did u have to use double and triple space in between every sentence lol

4 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Randle and Payton are on the Knicks now. Jrue will be fine, but I do see load management days after he gets back. Also did u have to use double and triple space in between every sentence lol

Yeah I know. That was from last years thread I was copying and pasting some overreactions to prove a point about how silly it gets with that stuff early in the season on these forums. Even said it was from last year in the first sentence...lol.

Edited by HK-47
  • Like 1

I picked Jrue #9 overall, in round 1, over Lebron. So yeah, I'm invested in his success.

I can tell you he has looked tentative in the early games. He is deferring to others, but more than that, he just is not being aggressive. Something was off. Now we have the knee thing. We are lucky there is no structural damage. If he sits a game or two to get right, that is good. 

Let him come back full strength, and he will beast again.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I picked Jrue #9 overall, in round 1, over Lebron. So yeah, I'm invested in his success.

I can tell you he has looked tentative in the early games. He is deferring to others, but more than that, he just is not being aggressive. Something was off. Now we have the knee thing. We are lucky there is no structural damage. If he sits a game or two to get right, that is good. 

Let him come back full strength, and he will beast again.

Its your fault for picking him #9 wth lol. Lavine @ 33? Might as well call it a season and draft better next season.

• Haha 1

I'm still trying to figure out how to buy low on this guy.  He will come around!

Managed to buy low on him after week 1 by offering lonzo and barrett. Close to one block a game out of position is huge, and think his assists can definitely stay at last years level given the pace of this pels team. I do think he looks a bit heavier than prior seasons though, don't know if it's just me. Dude looks thick af. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rebelmonk said:

Managed to buy low on him after week 1 by offering lonzo and barrett.

You got lucky AF. No mgr worth their salt is shipping Jrue in a 2-for-1 that nets them a couple mid round picks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks like the New Orleans ex-Lakers team is making it really hard for Jrue to play at the moment

Just now, PaddyAustralia said:

Its been 2 games chill out haha

A game can be the difference between losing a category by a couple of assists.

I rather he comes back fully healthy so if he sits, so be it.

Jrue Holiday (knee) practices Tuesday.

Mor

Jrue Holiday (knee) a game-time decision for Thursday.

Edited by mchspd3

15 minutes ago, mchspd3 said:

Jrue Holiday (knee) practices Tuesday.

Mor

Jrue Holiday (knee) a game-time decision for Thursday.

Jrue, big bro, please come back godly

• Like 2

Do you guys think this season his assists will be lower but his scoring will be higher. I noticed like for example, this game hes looking to score a bit more. he's shooting more 3s. He also is letting BI and Lonzo control the offense a bit more.

I punted Assists this year and thought about trading him because I thought his value is tied with his Assists, but based on the pace of the game and how he is playing, He might actually be ok as my point guard for punt assist as he's looking to score a bit more.

Also, compared to the other guards where he was drafted/ranked against.. Kyrie, Beal, Lillard, etc.. do you think he will belong within that group?

18 minutes ago, XNW said:

Also, compared to the other guards where he was drafted/ranked against.. Kyrie, Beal, Lillard, etc.. do you think he will belong within that group?

I rank him a tier below along with the other second round guards.

He had the scorer’s mentality going into the season so he should be option 1A on offense but I do see Ingram, Zion and him taking turns on highest usage based on who’s cooking in that particular game. He should flirt with 20+ ppg.

23 minutes ago, XNW said:

Do you guys think this season his assists will be lower but his scoring will be higher. I noticed like for example, this game hes looking to score a bit more. he's shooting more 3s. He also is letting BI and Lonzo control the offense a bit more.

I punted Assists this year and thought about trading him because I thought his value is tied with his Assists, but based on the pace of the game and how he is playing, He might actually be ok as my point guard for punt assist as he's looking to score a bit more.

He'll have to step up his scoring considerably if he wants to be ranked with them. His assists dropped and those guys are scoring 25+ a night so far.