Chrizz

Jrue Holiday 2019-2020 Outlook

Could be worse, as long as it's not Conley level. I'm stoked.

Edited by IT2
  • Haha 2

Amazing. He has a great first half, then does absolutely nothing in the second half.

First Half

14 pts, 5 ast, 4 reb, 3 stl, 1 to

Second Half

2 points, 1 ast, 2 reb, 1 to, 1 kicked ball violation

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/4/2019 at 9:30 PM, jiiiggz said:

He's being very, very, very passive.

It's still early, but Ingram is due to cool off and only a matter of time before Jrue gets back to being Jrue.

Don’t hold your breath for a BI cool off 

Last season he started like this and I traded for him with Goran Dragic. That's how bad it was so I think I can ride this out lol

• Thanks 1

His defensive stats and assists have been phenomenal to start the year.

He's a career 45% shooter currently shooting 38% Once his shots starts falling, watch out. He will be threatening first round value.

If you have some jabroni owner in your league who only cares about ppg you might be able to steal Jrue as a buy low. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bought him and KD for my oladipo and warren. It's a h2h dynasty league where u keep all ure players. Decided to go for the chip this year and decided to get this stud, I think he will flirt with first round

With Jokic, holiday, and most of my guys starting slow coupled with Collins suspension, I needed production now. I tried to think of every good reason to hold onto Jrue and I'm sure he will turn it around because his FG% is due to rise to normal career levels. However I don't know about his usage or FG attempts. Ingram is taking all the usage and shots and while holiday is filling other areas, with 14 shots per game, I think he is maxed out as a 20 PPG scorer at best. Now with Zion set to return thats even more usage and shots taken away. I traded away Holiday, Hayward and Kennard for Kyrie. I opened up 2 roster spots in which I picked up House and Favors. Holiday has Zion returning, Hayward was balling out with Jaylen Brown out, and Kennard has Griffin and Rose returning. Hayward also got injured today so that definitely helps my case to winning this trade. Anyway just here to explain my reasons for trading Jrue. I am positive he will turn it around but his outlook isn't promising (especially with the Pels struggling) and for those that can't afford to wait, try to get the best value you can but do not sell low by any means.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shyke said:

With Jokic, holiday, and most of my guys starting slow coupled with Collins suspension, I needed production now. I tried to think of every good reason to hold onto Jrue and I'm sure he will turn it around because his FG% is due to rise to normal career levels. However I don't know about his usage or FG attempts. Ingram is taking all the usage and shots and while holiday is filling other areas, with 14 shots per game, I think he is maxed out as a 20 PPG scorer at best. Now with Zion set to return thats even more usage and shots taken away. I traded away Holiday, Hayward and Kennard for Kyrie. I opened up 2 roster spots in which I picked up House and Favors. Holiday has Zion returning, Hayward was balling out with Jaylen Brown out, and Kennard has Griffin and Rose returning. Hayward also got injured today so that definitely helps my case to winning this trade. Anyway just here to explain my reasons for trading Jrue. I am positive he will turn it around but his outlook isn't promising (especially with the Pels struggling) and for those that can't afford to wait, try to get the best value you can but do not sell low by any means.  

I have to agree. The 11 dimes came from the absence of Lonzo Ball. He will be elite in stocks all year but I doubt scoring and ast will be the same with the addition of his new teammates that weren't around last year. I think he'll still be a top 30-40 player but I doubt hell be an late first rounder this year.

flipped for ayton for my punt ast build... may lost the trade eventually but taking the Zion and ingram situation into account I will do it. Good luck my fellow jrue owner brothers!

7 hours ago, Shyke said:

With Jokic, holiday, and most of my guys starting slow coupled with Collins suspension, I needed production now. I tried to think of every good reason to hold onto Jrue and I'm sure he will turn it around because his FG% is due to rise to normal career levels. However I don't know about his usage or FG attempts. Ingram is taking all the usage and shots and while holiday is filling other areas, with 14 shots per game, I think he is maxed out as a 20 PPG scorer at best.

7 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

I have to agree. The 11 dimes came from the absence of Lonzo Ball. He will be elite in stocks all year but I doubt scoring and ast will be the same with the addition of his new teammates that weren't around last year. I think he'll still be a top 30-40 player but I doubt hell be an late first rounder this year.

These two posts prove my point as to how his stocks are being undervalued. He’s ranked in the top 25 per game over the last 2 weeks averaging only 15.5 points on 40 percent shooting. How is that possible?

It’s the 6.6 assists, 2.4 steals and 0.6 blocks. If he only gets to 20ppg on 45 percent shooting but maintains the same stock numbers and 6-7 assists that’s late first round value. Think Oldadipo from two years ago.

People overvalue points in a big way.

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

These two posts prove my point as to how his stocks are being undervalued. He’s ranked in the top 25 over the last 2 weeks averaging only 15.5 points on 40 percent shooting. How is that possible?

It’s the 6.6 assists, 2.4 steals and 0.6 blocks. If he only gets to 20ppg on 45 percent shooting but maintains the same stock numbers and 6-7 assists that’s late first round value. Think Oldadipo from two years ago.

People overvalue points in a big way.

There were seasons were Lowry just avg 17 but was top 20 but I still doubt hell live up to his ADP maybe he'just below it. Like you said top 25 but not top 15. And I'm not just talking about pts. I'm talking about ast as well. Ball is the primary playmaker now. 

• Like 1

Imagine hes keeping his price artificially down just so he can hop on over to the pistons. He would beast there.

Edited by Ganandorf
Autocorrect error

It’s extremely unlikely that he starts approaching first round value. He’s going to become the 3rd option once Zion returns

22 minutes ago, samer42 said:

It’s extremely unlikely that he starts approaching first round value. He’s going to become the 3rd option once Zion returns

Not sure about first round value but i'm curious how getting Zion back will affect things.

Ingram shoots from range and sometimes brings the ball up the court himself and just chucks it so Jrue isn't really involved.

With Zion, assuming he draws double teams, that both opens up the court for open shots as well as sets Zion up to get assisted.

There is a case to be made that Jrue can get more assists and raise his FG%. It's not all about usage... Biggest thing holding him back so far are the %s. 

Edited by chaiway
  • Like 1

Do people think it's worth trying to make a buy low offer, especially if he's on a struggling team? How much improvement are we thinking of seeing (especially as people point out, once Zion comes back)? I agree I think if just his FG% would improve to last year, that would increase his value tremendously (also because he'd be scoring more). People who watched him last year and this, what changed? Can we expect him to go back to his old efficiency? Or at least low 40's?