Sign in to follow this  
rschroeder1

Choose 4 Keepers

League:  12 teams, 15 roster spots, QB RB RB WR WR TE RB/WR/TE

Keeper rules:  keep 0-4 players.  Cost is one draft round higher than the previous year.  Undrafted = 15th round.

My draft position:  4th in a snake draft

Note:  we dropped K and D this year, so the round numbers might look funky below (notably Juju), as some players were previously 17th round keepers.

Keeper Options (draft round for 2019)

Amari Cooper (1)
Carlos Hyde (4)
Marlon Mack (7)
Cooper Kupp (8)
Courtland Sutton (9)
Devonta Freeman (11)
Ben Roethlisberger (12)
Juju Smith-Schuster (15)
Dante Pettis (15)
Kalen Ballage (15)
Hunter Henry (15)
Jerick McKinnon (15)
Darrel Williams (15)
Malcolm Brown (15)

My plan:  Mack (7), Kupp (8), Freeman (11), Smith-Schuster (15).  Very tempted by Pettis, though.  Appreciate any insight you have to offer.

I’d go Mack, Freeman, Ju Ju and Henry.  That’s excellent value for Henry in he land of crappy TEs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreatScott! said:

I’d go Mack, Freeman, Ju Ju and Henry.  That’s excellent value for Henry in he land of crappy TEs. 

Agree 100%!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreatScott! said:

I’d do the same 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rschroeder1 said:

My plan:  Mack (7), Kupp (8), Freeman (11), Smith-Schuster (15).  Very tempted by Pettis, though.  Appreciate any insight you have to offer.

These are your top 7 players by ADP:

1    17    Juju Smith-Schuster
2    31.3    Marlon Mack
3    32.3    Amari Cooper
4    34.7    Devonta Freeman
5    50.7    Cooper Kupp
6    62    Hunter Henry
7    94    Dante Pettis

Out of those, JuJu and Mack are obvious yesses, Cooper a no because of the high price. Between Freeman, Kupp, Henry and Pettis it's a judgement call.

I personally think Henry is hyped a lot, and I have him lower than his ADP. Pettis is also hyped, but I actually have him as a sleeper. In the end though, while I would probably take Freeman + Kupp or Pettis, I think Henry will be fine too. JuJu/Mack plus 2 of the other 4 at your preference.

• Like 1

What needs to be considered is that other teams will be keeping all their excellent players as well.  That Generally means the ADP goes up an entire round in value. Second thing we need to know is if you can keep more than 1 per position?

Ju Ju , Kupp and Mack would be my choices.      Kupp you will have to hold till late season as he is coming off an ACL, and he wont be right till the end of the year.  But, he will put you through the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sivaro said:

What needs to be considered is that other teams will be keeping all their excellent players as well.  That Generally means the ADP goes up an entire round in value. Second thing we need to know is if you can keep more than 1 per position?

Ju Ju , Kupp and Mack would be my choices.      Kupp you will have to hold till late season as he is coming off an ACL, and he wont be right till the end of the year.  But, he will put you through the playoffs.

There are no limits on positions that can be kept.  From my experience, the most ideal is to keep at least 2 RB, because RB are scarce in the keeper setup.

This year, the first round ADP is as follows:

1. Saquon Barkley
2. Ezekiel Elliott
3. Christian McCaffrey
4. Le'Veon Bell (my draft slot)
5. Melvin Gordon
6. Julio Jones
7. Todd Gurley
8. Joe Mixon
9. Travis Kelce
10. Antonio Brown
11. Dalvin Cook
12. TY Hilton

The next RBs are Fournette, Aaron Jones, Josh Jacobs, Mark Ingram, etc.  So while I realize Freeman is no guarantee of anything, I'm willing to take him to have 2 RB to start with because there's no guarantee at RB after Round 1, and after Round 2 they are downright scarce.  I'll definitely be going RB in the first round - if Zeke and Gordon are both season holdouts, that will complicate my life, no doubt.

Notable keepers are Kamara, Beckham Jr., Michael Thomas, DeAndre Hopkins, Pat Mahomes, Damien Williams, Nick Chubb, James Conner.  I'm sure I'm missing others, but you get the general gist here.

• Like 1

Then for sure, Mack , Freeman and Schuster.      Hate to see Kupp go, but you need to win games ASAP in competitive leagues. 

• Like 1

Mack, Freeman, JuJu should be locks. After that it depends on who you like/believe in more. I like Kupp, but Pettis has the draft position you want. 

• Like 1

I like JuJu, Mack, and Freeman here as shoo-ins, with one of Kupp or HH being your fourth. I would probably lean towards HH due to good TEs being harder to find.

• Like 1

I'd go Mack, JuJu, Freeman for sure.  Then Henry since he doesn't cost you much and he's a potential lottery ticket for the TE spot. 

• Like 1