Sign in to follow this  
apap414

Small dynasty trade

In my 20 teamer, I would send Jake Odorizzi and receive Adonis Medina, Kyle Muller and the current 1st year player draft selection.

Odorizzi is an impending free agent and I would need to use a Restricted Tag and match any contract to keep him.

Just thought I would run it by everyone cause I have some small interest in this but Medina has declined this year for sure.

I’d do it. We know what Odorizzi is (sp3-4) so why not take the guy with more potential. If you’re competing for a championship, need pitching, and Odorizzi is helping you a lot then stay put. 

• Like 1

I'm not crazy about Medina but Muller's a good prospect. It would help to know how high the draft selection is.

With the season Odorizzi has had, I'd see if I could replace Medina with someone a little better.

I'd also echo that if you can win this season, then hang onto Odorizzi.

• Like 1

I am in second to last and Odirizzi's contract is expiring.

Would likely be able to retain him as an RFA however you never know what contract he will get and I have been burned in RFA before

Being in 2nd to last it's hard to pass up some decent prospects if you really wouldn't keep him. He might not have as much value next season and could get less back. I'd probably try to cash in a bit for what you can get.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Being in 2nd to last it's hard to pass up some decent prospects if you really wouldn't keep him. He might not have as much value next season and could get less back. I'd probably try to cash in a bit for what you can get.

I agree, especially being 2nd to last.

• Like 1

Move Jake O for either an OF or INF that will help ya team ROS