Fort4242

Dak Prescott 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, devaster said:

That is also not how guarantees work in NFL contracts.

Do tell then. 

I'm basically stuck with Dak at QB for week 1 so i'm glad to see Zeke in house.   I recall 2 years ago, Dak was uuuugly during that suspension.   

I think he's a great value this season. Got him super late in an auction for $2 or 1% of my budget. His numbers were much better once Cooper was acquired. He may be one of the lower end running QBs but he still presents that threat as well. Cowboys will put up some points this year.

• Like 1

How do we feel about Dak this week? Super easy matchup but my worry is that the Giants lead the entire game and they never really have to push the ball down field.

3 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

How do we feel about Dak this week? Super easy matchup but my worry is that the Giants lead the entire game and they never really have to push the ball down field.

Should be fine at a minimum.  Will be interesting to see if the new offense results in more passing like it's been reported.  

Cooper with a full offseason with Dak.  Gallup another year in.  Supposed QB coach working with Dak on technique.  Healthy O-line.

7 hours ago, K197040 said:

Should be fine at a minimum.  Will be interesting to see if the new offense results in more passing like it's been reported.  

Cooper with a full offseason with Dak.  Gallup another year in.  Supposed QB coach working with Dak on technique.  Healthy O-line.

I have Dak in a league that has -1 point per sack.  I noticed that last year Dak had about twice as many sacks as his first two years.  So that was due to the O-line last year?

Edited by ZappB

14 minutes ago, ZappB said:

I have Dak in a league that has -1 point per sack.  I noticed that last year Dak had about twice as many sacks as his first two years.  So that was due to the O-line last year?

Partially.  Not having Fredericks was huge.  But a lot of that was on Dak. He held on to the ball way too long.  Constantly.  Another component is him not having a go-to WR for most of the year. 

He should take a step forward.  But you won’t know until you see it. With your league’s penalties, it’s not as easy to say he’ll be fine.  

• Thanks 1

Awesome performance. 

[...] Wow.  Cowboys offense looks elite. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 2

I'll be honest, I drafted Dak and didn't really want him. Watching their offense yesterday in comparison to the past, it looks totally different. It's much more pass heavy and geared towards throwing down field. A ton of those big plays came on play action. I never thought Dak would be anything more than a low end QB1, but with the play calling and weapons on the outside, I think he could be in for a huge season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

I'll be honest, I drafted Dak and didn't really want him. Watching their offense yesterday in comparison to the past, it looks totally different. It's much more pass heavy and geared towards throwing down field. A ton of those big plays came on play action. I never thought Dak would be anything more than a low end QB1, but with the play calling and weapons on the outside, I think he could be in for a huge season.

Hasn't he finished in the Top 10 every year? I think people overlook him because of his lack of pass yards. But overall what he does puts him among the best in the league sans Mahomes. If what we saw Sunday is an indication of what is to come, he'll easily be in that Top 3. I'm not saying he will or won't, since it's one game, but if he plays at this level maybe he'll finally be respected as a fantasy producer, even though he's been doing that since he entered the league.

• Like 1

I think Dak will finish in the top 5, people dont realize he has the most rushing TDs of any QB since he's been in the league. All the weapons are there for Dak to have his best season yet

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

He legitimately might end up QB1 overall in this offense. 

Top 5 might be possible, but no one is topping Mahomes (barring an injury).

Yeah Dak is approaching must start regardless of matchup, kind of like Mahomes. Their offense is that great and he has so many weapons. Cowboys could be a legit SB contender now that they have a passing game to complement Zeke and an up and coming defense.

• Like 1

Good fantasy QB, real life bum.  I was wondering what was going on with him through three weeks but it turned out he was just playing against terrible squads.  Last night, Dak was Dak.  Next game should be interesting: Packers in Dallas.  Both teams desperate to atone for pitiful Week 4 showings.  GB has extra time to prepare and has a nasty D.  Expect Dak to be pantsed again.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Good fantasy QB, real life bum.  I was wondering what was going on with him through three weeks but it turned out he was just playing against terrible squads.  Last night, Dak was Dak.  Next game should be interesting: Packers in Dallas.  Both teams desperate to atone for pitiful Week 4 showings.  GB has extra time to prepare and has a nasty D.  Expect Dak to be pantsed again.

As bad as the Packers d-line looked the other night, I expect them to use Zeke and Pollard.   Unless the Packers get up early, I don't think Dak is going to be passing much.

I still think Dak is a high end QB1 the rest of the season, but he really needs Gallup. After Amari, they don’t have a lot. Who produces when defenses take Amari away? Cobb is an aging veteran there is a reason why the Jets gave up on Smith. While Witten is nice to have back, he isn’t exactly Kelce.

Saints in the dome were a tough matchup but his team didn’t help him out with the two fumbles.

I will be starting him this week as he is back home but a little worried it will be another low scoring game as the Packers will likely be without Adams, so I doubt Green Bay will threaten a lot, meaning Cowboys can take a lead and run out the clock. Also Green Bay’s weakness on defense is they can’t stop the run. Hopefully Dak can hit some big plays down the field. 

Im tempering expectations until Gallup is back, but once he is he should be set and forget. Let’s not let one game sway us too much.

His weeks 12-15 are horrifying though (@NE, v BUF, @CHI, v LAR). All us Dak owners need to start preparing for an alternate QB. 

8 hours ago, jadakid said:

His weeks 12-15 are horrifying though (@NE, v BUF, @CHI, v LAR). All us Dak owners need to start preparing for an alternate QB. 

If Winston is available then he'll make a good pair with Dak for the second half of the season:

Week 10: Dak vs Min, Winston vs Ari

Week 11: Dak vs Det, Winston vs NO (could go either way?)

Week 12: Dak vs NE, Winston vs ATL

Week 13: Dak vs Buf, Winston vs Jax (not great either way)

Week 14: Dak vs Chi, Winston vs Ind

Week 15: Dak vs LAR, Winston vs Det (depending on how good LAR is down the road)

Week 16: Dak vs PHI, Winston vs Hou

Gallup is expected to play, this is huge for Dak. Since he's been out, they've basically been playing with no one opposite of Amari. Gallup completely changes this offense, hopefully he is close to full health. Hopefully Adams plays for GB, much more likely to be a high scoring game.

• Like 2

Just now, LionKid90 said:

Gallup is expected to play, this is huge for Dak. Since he's been out, they've basically been playing with no one opposite of Amari. Gallup completely changes this offense, hopefully he is close to full health. Hopefully Adams plays for GB, much more likely to be a high scoring game.

Hope so.  But GB's got a much better pass defense than run defense.  Or maybe it's just that their run defense is so bad, teams don't have to pass.

In any event, I can see this being a Zeke game with low pass attempts. 

8 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Hope so.  But GB's got a much better pass defense than run defense.  Or maybe it's just that their run defense is so bad, teams don't have to pass.

In any event, I can see this being a Zeke game with low pass attempts. 

Yeah looks like a Zeke type of game. Hopefully if the running game gets going Dak can play action off of it. Not all that sold on the GB defense. They really haven’t faced anyone until the Eagles game. In the past this game would worry me more, but still think the new OC wants to stretch the field than just run the ball constantly.

• Like 1