hipriest69

Kevin Huerter 2019-2020 Outlook

Might be a good streamer this week with 4GP, I don't watch the Hawks. You guys think he's worth owning? 

• Like 1

This guy is overrated. I’ve seen several people holding this guy in 10 teamers and stuff and I have no clue why when he’s so injury prone. He doesn’t have that much upside. Is it because he’s the next white hope? 

Its all good.

Its Kevin Huerter.

He will be fine.

Edited by JormaJormala

2 hours ago, 7614 said:

This guy is overrated. I’ve seen several people holding this guy in 10 teamers and stuff and I have no clue why when he’s so injury prone. He doesn’t have that much upside. Is it because he’s the next white hope? 

What??????????

20 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

What??????????

?????? What’s the hype around Huerter???? Why do people think this guy is a 10 teamer. 

9 minutes ago, 7614 said:

Why do people think this guy is a 10 teamer. 

If that means he will finish top130, then i'm in.

4 minutes ago, 7614 said:

?????? What’s the hype around Huerter???? Why do people think this guy is a 10 teamer. 

Upside. Versatility. Second year guy with talent.

Last year month of January as an example. 12.7 PPG with 3.8 assists, 1.3 steals and 2.2 threes a game. The key is he only shot 39%.

Those assists numbers in particular from a shooting guard are what make him intriguing to me. If he can shoot better and get it to around 15-16 points with those other numbers, that is not a useful guy to have?

23 minutes ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

I've been burned too many times by Huerter. Not gonna pick up until he proves he can be consistent. 

He will be gone by then in competitive leagues. But you do you.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 7614 said:

I guess when you're constantly missing games due to injury it's not unfair to be labeled injury prone.  But that hit he took from Jokic was pretty bad to be fair.

I don't know about whether he's someone you HAVE to stash now in a ten teamer, but I think he is someone who will prove to have value in one.  He's shown promise in limited time with a minutes restriction coming off the bench, and in his second start, before he got injured, he looked like he may start to do even more.

Threes, facilitation of an offense sorely in need of playmakers and thus assists, a few rebounds, and hopefully steals as I've read Hawks fans say he's pretty good at defense.  This isn't a THJ situation where he's a shooter who will only benefit you when he's on fire because he just stands in a corner catches and shoots, but the coach is actively wanting this guy to have the ball in his hands to relieve pressure from Young.

It's just a matter of how good he'll prove to be, because the opportunity and eventually minutes will be there.  It's easy to write him off because he hasn't proven it yet, but if you read between the lines and extrapolate based on what we have so far from a second year player who hasn't fully had an opportunity to prove himself, I think it's not hard to see the upside with this guy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The 3s will be there as well as the assists if he's given the opportunity which sounds like he will have 

I'm more interested to see what his stock profile will be

He averaged 0.8 steals/0.7 blocks in  31.9 minutes in college

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, kilslo said:

The 3s will be there as well as the assists if he's given the opportunity which sounds like he will have 

I'm more interested to see what his stock profile will be

He averaged 0.8 steals/0.7 blocks in  31.9 minutes in college

He looks sharp out there. I think his stock potential comes from his ability to sniff out plays and intercept passing lanes, since he isn't the greatest athlete has a very average wingspan

I watched the whole game yesterday and both of his steals happened this way which was pleasantly surprising

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 7614 said:

He's not a 10 teamer.. yet. 12 teamer yes. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

He should get PG position eligibility in a bit, getting some backup pg time when Trae rests.

Is there any chance he gets forward eligibility 

4 hours ago, yung_fetty said:

He looks sharp out there. I think his stock potential comes from his ability to sniff out plays and intercept passing lanes, since he isn't the greatest athlete has a very average wingspan

I watched the whole game yesterday and both of his steals happened this way which was pleasantly surprising

The only thing I have reservations about is his usage. They've added Hunter, Reddish, and Parker. Huerter's per 36 shot attempts are basically the same as last year. He might get a few more minutes, but how much will that realistically bump his value? 

Not to mention that there was a report that some Hawks exec told Trae they'd be getting him some help soon. Just feels murky to me. But I'd like to be sold.

54 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

The only thing I have reservations about is his usage. They've added Hunter, Reddish, and Parker. Huerter's per 36 shot attempts are basically the same as last year. He might get a few more minutes, but how much will that realistically bump his value? 

Not to mention that there was a report that some Hawks exec told Trae they'd be getting him some help soon. Just feels murky to me. But I'd like to be sold.

It's hard to judge his stats this season due to minute restrictions and injury. I'm sure after a couple of weeks we can see if he has increased value to be in 12 teamers. I for one will always try to aim for these younger players with potential cause you never know what can happen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XNW said:

It's hard to judge his stats this season due to minute restrictions and injury. I'm sure after a couple of weeks we can see if he has increased value to be in 12 teamers. I for one will always try to aim for these younger players with potential cause you never know what can happen.

I agree.

I don't understand why people are saying he doesn't have upside. That's yet to be seen. He was practically playing hurt to start the season. Besides Trae and Collins, I don't think anyone in Atlanta has solidified themselves as the 3rd guy. Huerter might be that guy given his performance from the end of last season.

Guys, keep it going. We should be able to discuss about this kid nonstop. Let's make it 100 pages. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Guys, keep it going. We should be able to discuss about this kid nonstop. Let's make it 100 pages. 

So uh how many great redheads have played in the NBA? I'm trying to think back to the 50s but a lot of the pics are in black and white.