hipriest69

Kevin Huerter 2019-2020 Outlook

26 minutes ago, csklmf said:

17-4-2 looking good out there vs good defensive team Utah Jazz. 
He is definitely 12-team rosterable 

10 team worthy?

2 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

10 team worthy?

I don’t think he’s consistent enough for 10 teams but if he goes on some sort of mini run then by all means milk it.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

10 team worthy?

... if he is healthy. For now, I would say he is fringe 10T. We will see how rotation is like after John Collins comes back but the fact that he always handles the ball when Trae rests is very promising. 

He is definitely higher than THJ, Ross and mclemore bc of those assists (hard to find from waiver) 

Edited by csklmf
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

10 team worthy?

Nah man, I don't buy it. He's not even rostered in most 12-14 team leagues, I've dropped him twice already. 

However, he remains as a guy to watch on my ww as a potential streamer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sosa said:

Nah man, I don't buy it. He's not even rostered in most 12-14 team leagues, I've dropped him twice already. 

However, he remains as a guy to watch on my ww as a potential streamer. 

I can't think of another player in 12 team leagues, let alone 14 that plays 30+ mins and can produce like huerter. If you do find then point them out 

• Like 1

Unremarkable.

Not seeing it at all. Not at all.

10 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

I can't think of another player in 12 team leagues, let alone 14 that plays 30+ mins and can produce like huerter. If you do find then point them out 

I'd even take Dillon Brooks over him

2 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Oh wow, is Brooks available in your 12+ team league?

Yeah, but I ended up dropping him for Sexton as my long-term 3rd PG. 

Goes without saying, I'd take both over Huerter (for my team at least) 

5 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Oh wow, is Brooks available in your 12+ team league?

I wouldn’t roster Brooks in a 12, but would roster Huerter for sure

4 minutes ago, Sosa said:

Yeah, but I ended up dropping him for Sexton as my long-term 3rd PG. 

Goes without saying, I'd take both over Huerter (for my team at least) 

1 minute ago, RLDN106 said:

I wouldn’t roster Brooks in a 12, but would roster Huerter for sure

Interesting. Brooks have been taken since 2nd-3rd week in my league. Huerter was picked up (by me) when he came back from shoulder injury.

Just checked his % owned in Yahoo. I'm quite surprised.

3 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Interesting. Brooks have been taken since 2nd-3rd week in my league. Huerter was picked up (by me) when he came back from shoulder injury.

Just checked his % owned in Yahoo. I'm quite surprised.

Brooks is just an efficient scorer, I don’t see the upside besides points and threes.

Huerter is kind of like Sato, efficient low scoring with assists, steals etc.

1 minute ago, RLDN106 said:

Brooks is just an efficient scorer, I don’t see the upside besides points and threes.

I like how you say Brooks is just an efficient scorer putting up points and threes, but Huerter will be good for low scoring, assists, steals... The assists are literally his only nice cat. Brooks averages more steals than Huerter on the season, and 0.3 less last season while playing less. 

This guy has been very overrated, seemed like another Wagner to me from the beginning. The Hawks are awful, wouldn't want Huerter or Hunter back on my squad tbh. Both are available on my ww. 

7 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

I disagree about Brooks. Besides FG% and maybe turnovers, he's solid all around to me. Someone whose only good for points and 3s is Kuzma and I'd put Brooks at a much higher tier than Kuz. 

I'm holding onto Huerter because it's too early to tell what he can provide. He's been a tease all around with steals, blocks, 3s, pts, and assist. Essentially everything but %s which I hope he improves. I think Huerter has some unknown upside but Brooks has a solidified role that is likely to remain the same for the rest of the season.

21 minutes ago, Sosa said:

I like how you say Brooks is just an efficient scorer putting up points and threes, but Huerter will be good for low scoring, assists, steals... The assists are literally his only nice cat. Brooks averages more steals than Huerter on the season, and 0.3 less last season while playing less. 

This guy has been very overrated, seemed like another Wagner to me from the beginning. The Hawks are awful, wouldn't want Huerter or Hunter back on my squad tbh. Both are available on my ww. 

Sorry meant to say Brooks is an inefficient scorer (which he is).

He’s averaging more steals due to Huerter being on a permanent minutes restriction — that’s now coming off.

Huerter has a higher ceiling to me, though he’s still fringe rosterable in 12’s. Brooks is fine, but only as a stream.

10 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Unremarkable.

Not seeing it at all. Not at all.

He's clearly a Klay Thompson clone. Just gotta squint hard enough. Clap your hands and stomp your feet.

38 minutes ago, Sosa said:

15 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

Sorry meant to say Brooks is an inefficient scorer (which he is).

He’s averaging more steals due to Huerter being on a permanent minutes restriction — that’s now coming off.

Huerter has a higher ceiling to me, though he’s still fringe rosterable in 12’s. Brooks is fine, but only as a stream.

Yep, agreed. Huerter has a higher ceiling. Small sample size but he's shown flashes and it's worth a stash.

Brooks is likely to remain the same for the rest of the season, but imo, he's a great hold for 12+ leagues especially for any punt FG% builds. 

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose
  • Like 1

I picked him for for the upside, hawks may as well run him hard given the state of things. 

I’m keeping him because of the nickname. Red Velvet + The Latvian Laser are my WW super hero duo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flat_eric said:

Lol we really discussing Brooks ad nauseam in this thread. Dude has the upside of a rockmelon. 

thank you lol. Huerter has more talent in his pinky then dillon brooks. Brooks like a poor mans turean prince. If you watch the games huerter can playmake board defend and create for himself. Hes just super inefficient right now..

I no longer have Huerter but I think the obvious play here is to wait for Collins. Huerter has the vision, and if he’s the player we think he is, he’ll be one of the players who’ll benefit in Collins’ return—not just Trae Young.

Wagner was such a major overhyped tease just because of how inconsistent he was. If their coach is true to his words, then you’re looking at 30+ mins. production of 3s, 5.5 ast (?), stls for the rest of the season and that’s ******** sweet for a WW pickup.

So far so good, kid can definitely fill the stat sheet. Needs to work on his FG% , but he some nice upside ROS . 

• Like 2