hipriest69

Kevin Huerter 2019-2020 Outlook

Wow that looks horrible. Holly crap. Looks like the elbow was more hurt than shoulder. 

As a 100% stockholder...I am super sad for him. Gordon Hayward now Huerter. I like both irl players as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dent416 said:

Dropped for IT, can't hold another injured dude 

don't know how small is your league but I wouldn't drop until I have some updates. I'm pretty sure a lot in my league are hoping I drop him. Obviously depending on length of injury

2 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

don't know how small is your league but I wouldn't drop until I have some updates. I'm pretty sure a lot in my league are hoping I drop him. Obviously depending on length of injury

lost fox this week so I need to make up the assists. watching the injury he's going to miss some time and I cant afford holding 

• Like 1

The ESPN description didn't seem like it was anything serious. Then I come here and see the video. Holy s---.

8 minutes ago, Nazyef said:

The ESPN description didn't seem like it was anything serious. Then I come here and see the video. Holy s---.

I think most people were just reading ‘shoulder’ on the injury updates and moving on. But I agree, once you watch the video, it looks much more severe. Definitely awful timing as he was on the cusp of going stud on us.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ginocan said:

Wow that looks horrible. Holly crap. Looks like the elbow was more hurt than shoulder. 

As a 100% stockholder...I am super sad for him. Gordon Hayward now Huerter. I like both irl players as well. 

have them both too  :(

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, showtime1 said:

No news is good news?

i was going to say the opposite 

zach collins news took forever to come out probably because they were trying to figure out a way to NOT have surgery and hence miss most of the season

Ben Simmons news came out super fast because they knew the damage was minimal and hed be back very quickly

they probably had an MRI on Huerter, saw it was significant and are trying to decide the best course of action for him/ the team/ surgery vs no surgery etc

It's good news that there was nothing serious seen initially, hopefully the team can give an estimated time table once they evaluate the MRI. I had him on my roster to begin the season and kept him right until the night before they started him. I'm so stupid. The owner who picked him up impulse dropped him last night after the injury. Debating on using my #3 waiver wire to pick him back up, crossing my fingers he's not out too long though.

Edited by NoahsArc

i don't know guys

the exact same thing happened with Zach Collins

They did an MRI and had to go back to Portland to announce what they were going to do. We'll see

Yea Im not optimistic. In the video it looked like he dislocated his ellbow. And dr. google says it takes at least 4-6 weeks to heal in such case.

30 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Is he droppable in 12 teams? To me, its 4 weeks minimum. 

If you don't have an IL available, i'm gonna lean on yes :( 

1 hour ago, csklmf said:

Is he droppable in 12 teams? To me, its 4 weeks minimum. 

Yes if it is a 4+ week injury. He was just getting acclimated and slowly ramping his minutes up, only to get injured again. They will treat him with kid gloves next time around.

4 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

yo, no news yet? 

only thing I've found is this but I don't know how reliable it is

https://lastwordonprobasketball.com/2019/11/13/kevin-huerter-injury/

they say 2-3 weeks with a rotator cuff contusion with shoulder subluxation

Haven't heard from the beat reporters yet, though one did say he'd assume we'll be getting an update and (said a few hours ago) that it's still quite early in the West Coast. So I guess we might hear an official update at some point today

Hawks' head coach Lloyd Pierce said "it's going to take some time" for Kevin Huerter (shoulder) to return to the court.

Pierce added that while the medical staff didn't initially see signs of a tear in Huerter's MRI, the team doctors still need to take a closer look at those results, and it doesn't sound like he'll be back any time soon. Cam Reddish will return to the starting lineup while Huerter is on the sidelines, and DeAndre Bembry could see a bump in minutes, but those two guys are only on the radar as low-end targets in deep leagues.

27 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Hawks' head coach Lloyd Pierce said "it's going to take some time" for Kevin Huerter (shoulder) to return to the court.

Pierce added that while the medical staff didn't initially see signs of a tear in Huerter's MRI, the team doctors still need to take a closer look at those results, and it doesn't sound like he'll be back any time soon. Cam Reddish will return to the starting lineup while Huerter is on the sidelines, and DeAndre Bembry could see a bump in minutes, but those two guys are only on the radar as low-end targets in deep leagues.

“Take some time” smh.Update vague af...could be next 3 games...could be 3 weeks....:/ 

Just now, IDatDude said:

“Take some time” smh.Update vague af...could be next 3 games...could be 3 weeks....:/ 

I'd lean towards the 3 weeks on this one... probably more.

41 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

No s---. Dropped his a**. Too many injuries to wait for top 100 guy like him to fully recover. 

Edited by csklmf