hard1

Darius Slayton 2019 Outlook

Ticked off all of the boxes as a prospect. NFL size, speed and athleticism. Good catch radius and a monster YAC player. 

Knocks were that his route tree was underdeveloped, and his hands were inconsistent. 

His hands look great as a pro. He still has to continue to develop as a route runner, but I think he could eventually be a star. 

• Like 5

Any concerns with now Sheppard looking like maybe playing this weekend?

Does slayton go back to 3rd on depth chart

Behind Tate,and Sheppard

5 hours ago, topshelf10 said:

Any concerns with now Sheppard looking like maybe playing this weekend?

Does slayton go back to 3rd on depth chart

Behind Tate,and Sheppard

Hope this help your decision making process:

NEWS ARTICLES > GIANTS | STERLING SHEPARD STILL IN CONCUSSION PROTOCOL
PUBLISHED TUE NOV 19 9:28:00 P.M. CT 2019  
(thehuddle) New York Giants WR Sterling Shepard (concussion) remains in the NFL's concussion protocol, according to head coach Pat Shurmur. Shepard returned to practice on Monday, Nov. 18.

Analysis: Shepard hasn't played since Week 5, and with the G-Men already eyeing 2020 the team is unlikely to push Shepard to return until he's 100 percent. Even if he does play this Sunday, it remains to be seen what his role will be considering what Golden Tate and Darius Slayton have done in his absence.

• Like 2

As a Giants fan I would say that if Sterling does play (big if), he will certainly take some targets away from Slayton. Still doesn't mean Slayton might not score on his 2-4 catches.

Evan Engram is still out so the majority of Daniel Jones' 40ish targets will be split up between Tate, Sheppard, Barley and Slayton. With Sheppard coming back it's another mouth to feed but Slayton might be able to make the targets he does get worth your wild. I'm hoping for 5 catches (7 targets) 80 yards. 

Edited by Cdub2k

On 11/20/2019 at 6:19 AM, strahanfan92 said:

As a Giants fan I would say that if Sterling does play (big if), he will certainly take some targets away from Slayton. Still doesn't mean Slayton might not score on his 2-4 catches.

being a Jints fan doesn't qualify your opinion in any special way  ... anyone can easily come to the same conclusion - being a "HOMER" carries zero weight these days. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

being a Jints fan doesn't qualify your opinion in any special way  ... anyone can easily come to the same conclusion - being a "HOMER" carries zero weight these days. 

It’s actually a red flag more than anything

20 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

sheeety weather up here for Sunday, but ...

I'm starting him in a must win situation in 0.5 pt ppr over deebo samuel, aj brown, and robby anderson. 

18 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Isn’t Shepard a better play?

of course, but Slayton has shown out already with a depleted corps, and they're bare bones this week - also factor the injuries on an already leaky defense, all  points to the Pack turning it up, especially after a shellacking in prime time last week.

Dimes will throw ... a lot. 

Green Bay has a decent secondary, but they will be peppered ... now, if the weather just holds to snow, instead of the steady rain that's currently forecast, it'll be even better 🤷‍♂️

32 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Isn’t Shepard a better play?

Pure assumption, but you would think Shepard would slide into the slot in place of Tate in 3-wide sets, with Slayton and Latimer manning the perimeter. Shepard is probably the best option for targets, but also most likely to get the toughest matchup rolled his way. GB has also been far more susceptible to outside receivers, allowing huge games to guys like Cooper, Gallup, Mike Williams, and Allen Robinson (DJ Moore had a big game too - would have to see where he was lining up though). 

Slayton has the air yards on his side, so while it's most likely that Shepard will see the biggest bump in targets, with the lack of depth at receiver there's a good chance that Slayton will see a decent uptick as well, and he will still most likely to be running the deepest routes on the field. In a game the Giants are almost surely to be behind in, and which could easily develop into a shootout (or, at worst, garbage time), Slayton's probably not the worst boom-or-bust play you could make at the position this week. If nothing else, a decent target share should give him at least a serviceable floor while maintaining his same upside. 

• Like 1

With Tate and Engram out I feel like he's a must start. D. Jones has excellent chemistry with him. I'll likely start him over Keenan Allen and Kirk!

10 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

no jones under center, and shepherd and engram are back in. tate is back in also.

anyone holding slayton still?

tough call ... zero game experience/chemistry with Eli, and all other hands on deck - he's basically Willie Snead/3Q Smiff right now 🤷‍♂️

The gambler in me says Eli comes out slinging it and plays like his hair is on fire.

Stinks because he's been playing so well as is deserving of more playing time. Could see the Giants moving on from Tate and saving money if they can, and putting Shephard back in the slot next year with Slayton and some other field stretcher out wide. This offense is crazy talented, not quite an alpha out there in the receiving core but Slayton has the chance to establish as one. His ceiling seems higher than Sterling's. 

• Like 2

Does he even start now with Tate and Shepard back to full strength?  Engram's return also takes a bite out of Slayton's potential targets.

HOWEVER, as a current disgruntled OBJ owner, I've said hundreds of times how much better Eli was than Baker is.  This is Eli's last rodeo, and I'd think he'd want to go out in style.  Jints run game has been awful too.

On 12/7/2019 at 9:31 AM, PlayTheWaivers said:

Stinks because he's been playing so well as is deserving of more playing time. Could see the Giants moving on from Tate and saving money if they can, and putting Shephard back in the slot next year with Slayton and some other field stretcher out wide. This offense is crazy talented, not quite an alpha out there in the receiving core but Slayton has the chance to establish as one. His ceiling seems higher than Sterling's. 

Woohoo 😀

I'm 1000% convinced that this past week Peyton was preparing film wise like HE was going to start... 

Him and Eli going over everything Peyton noticed for their "one more run" collaboration...                       

He looked heavily invested up in that suite celebrating..

Eli used Slayton like he was Odell in that first half (36 & 54 yard plays vs Darby), I'm pretty sure that was a plan..

2nd half Eagles played keep away & better defense..

Peyton is probably already watching Miami vs Jets film right now wherever he is... 

Eli getting a final home start vs the lowly dolphins may/would be the best possible scenario for Slayton to have another monster game...

And this coming from a salty Barkley owner who was hoping for mad checkdowns from Eli, but instead saw Eli using his currently most explosive playmaker in Slayton..

• Like 1

This guy is a straight baller. Definitely passes the eye test. He does more than just going deep. I think Giants found a gem in him and next week vs Miami, I’m leaning towards starting him (not that I’m strong at WR as well, so that’s def part of it).