hard1

Diontae Johnson 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

2 hours ago, hard1 said:

Bengals making everyone look good I am in

For sure:

Anointed the starter aside JuJu ahead of Week 3, Johnson responded with his first touchdown and some brilliant open-field playmaking. With a 20% share of the passing market last week and similar usage expectations going forward, Johnson is in a nice spot to excel against a Bengals defense currently allowing 14.9 yards per reception to receivers.

I think it might be a year too early for this guy.  It's going to take time for this Pittsburgh offense to adjust and gel.  Mason Rudolph completed only 2 passes beyond the line of scrimmage last week.  That's just awful.  That being said, it was a nice TD grab that this guy got.  But I think he's going to be too erratic to rely on in season long.

• Like 1

Whelp with BMW out this week I have to roll out Dionte.  This should be interesting.

12 minutes ago, mrbonifacio said:

Anyone going to take a flier on him if he’s on waivers? 

already did it before last weeks game

7 hours ago, mrbonifacio said:

Anyone going to take a flier on him if he’s on waivers? 

Flier??

Diontae is in the line-up -- (as Flex in a 16T -- Tyreek/McLourin owner)

Hoping to see him make that jump tonight on the national stage with Mason -- we started to see the connection last week.

Prediction: 6 Targets, 4-58

Hoping for: 8 Targets, 7-116-1

i started him due to byes, he rewarded me and now i'm confident

despite the matchup being easy, i see a future for him as the wr2 in this offense, but i don't trust rudolph much on road games

Edited by gulandmann

On 7/26/2019 at 8:02 PM, hard1 said:

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2019/07/26/ben-roethlisberger-diontae-johnson-steelers-impressed-conditioning-hh/

James Washington Donte Moncrief are supposed to pick up some number 2 duties.... but word is Diontae may be legit.... they def reached in the 3rd round but appears they may have found their guy....

My dude said we reached 

Glad I chose to stash this guy before this week, kid looks legit and they're also looking to get him in on some runs as well

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Damn

The stat is pretty useless to be fair. The two TDs the CB completely lost him, so that inflates the heck out of the numbers. It's more positive than negative, but take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kball09 said:

The stat is pretty useless to be fair. The two TDs the CB completely lost him, so that inflates the heck out of the numbers. It's more positive than negative, but take it with a grain of salt.

No film as well. Coaches got film now- still convinced this Steelers offense is Terrible

I owned this guy for a brief few days.  Ultimately dropped because I'm not convinced that Rudolph can be an NFL starting caliber QB, at least this year.  Until we see more downfield passes, the splash plays will be few and far between for Dionte or Juju. 

2 hours ago, kball09 said:

You can take pretty much any stat with a shaker full of salt. It’s just surprising, that’s all. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smeeze said:

You can take pretty much any stat with a shaker full of salt. It’s just surprising, that’s all. 

I agree... with you smeeze...  regardless he's leading the league...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Juju's toetoe is hurting. Could hobble him a little and help Diontae get more play? 

I’ve never seen tape on dude until just now. His college tape is sick. I mean it’s the MAC, but, he looked really good. Contested catches, speed, etc. I don’t see him as the reason I’m skeptical. It’s the reindeer.