superman100679

Thoughts on this Trade? WHIR

10 Team Roto Keeper league.  Keep 5. OBP & QS added.  I was offered the following:

Give: Pete Alonso

Get: Corbin, Price, Doolittle, and Will Smith

I am winning all the offensive cats besides SB's but am struggling with SV's, ERA, and WHIP.

My main offensive players are Trout, Bellinger, Freeman, Alonso, Torres, Albies, C. Seager, Ohtani, and Contreras.

My main P's are Buehler, Bieber, Berrios, and I have Tallion and Severino on the IL. My RP's are Greene, L. Hendricks, Gant, Elias, and Leclerc

Obviously none of the 4 players I would receive would be kept.  Will Smith may get traded and not be a closer where he goes.  Does this deal give me the boost I need to win this season (Currently 3rd) or should I stay with Alonso as my 5th keeper?  Leave link for help, thanks!

Hmm that's tough.  Yeah you're trading a position of strength for a position of need but I would probably say no.  First off I would absolutely wait to see what the closer deadline  fall out is gonna be before trading for any of those guys.  Second off I would try to go for quality over quantity if you're giving up with such a good keeper piece in Alonso. 

• Like 1

No from me. Never like trading premium players for deals which include closers as a major part of the package if I can avoid it. I think saves can be found off the wire, but would look at upgrading your SPs first and foremost. I would prefer to deal a package like Seager+Lourdes for a mid level start+closer if it could be done to a team needing offense.

• Like 1

Trading Alonso for something good is smart given you have Belly and Freeman.  But really to me you're only getting Corbin back and thats not enough.  Price is old, and Smith, Doolittle may not even be closers going forward (Smith may not even be a closer ROS for this season)

help here?

• Like 1

The closer situation being murky makes this a definite no imo.  Keeping only 5, you have enough keepers to deal Alonso anyway, but Price is too old and mediocre and the closers way too iffy.  Corbin is OK, but you should be able to do better from the long term perspective.