Sign in to follow this  
Bandito

WSmith or d'Arnaud? (WHIR)

Currently have Will Smith as my Sanchez replacement (and not complaining after yesterday's performance ;)).  But I notice d'Arnaud is available and having a great month.  Which is better going forward?  Must admit, I'm not that familiar with Smith and just grabbed him because I saw the huge spike on the transaction trend report.  And I do see d'Arnaud doesn't sit much, which wouldn't be bad at catcher.  But he's been pretty poor his whole career.  Is this stretch real or mirage?

Thanks!  Leave a link - will respond tonight.

d'Arnaud has a higher floor due to playing time but is pretty much a known quantity. Smith has the upside of an elite catcher and could net you a serious upgrade elsewhere if he keeps hitting when Gary returns. I prefer him.

• Thanks 1

Hard to say with Travis, when healthy he's had flashes in the past and TB is a place the breathes new life into some players. I like Smith though, being sandwiched in the LAD lineup I feel like he will finish as a top 10 maybe even top 5 C ROS. 

If you get a chance

• Thanks 1

I'd roll the dice with Smith and his upside.  Hard to trust d'Arnaud given his track record - could just be a hot streak and nothing more

help here?

• Thanks 1