The G Man

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

31 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Any updates on Singletary?

Looked for a video of when he got hurt, but can't find anything. 

Did it look bad? 

Probably won’t be anything until after tomorrow’s practice.  Right now day to day.  I didn’t see how he got hurt either but apparently injury is not severe.  If he misses time it likely won’t be much.  Hopefully 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Any updates on Singletary?

Looked for a video of when he got hurt, but can't find anything. 

Did it look bad? 

He took a run to the sideline and came up gimpy. He was hopping up and down on one leg to the sideline. Looks like it could have been a cramp the way it locked up on him. While he was on the sideline he got checked out for a moment then looked like he was fine. This is why i assume more cramp then hammy but it could easily be a hamstring strain. We will find out tomorrow. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56
  • Thanks 1

Not practicing again today. Looks like they are taking it easy with him. Does not look to be a severe hammy pull but his availability this week seems to be in question.

So this isn't just a cramp it seems. Likely it was just a tweak or mild pull... Stay off it and don't make it something worse. This could mean they want to give him as much rest for Sunday, or maybe sit him 1 week. 

If they are concerned about him and he plays he could be at risk of getting the bench if they go up big on Cinci. Tough call here.

Monitor Friday for some clarity.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Hamstrings linger and are easily reaggravated.  Could be a few weeks.

Thats my fear.  I really wish they’d give some update on the injury.  Especially with old man Gore still sitting on waivers in my league 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Thats my fear.  I really wish they’d give some update on the injury.  Especially with old man Gore still sitting on waivers in my league 

He's not playing this week. Go pick up Gore if you need a flex. He might be able to suit up next week. Even minor hamstring pulls take at least 2 weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

He's not playing this week. Go pick up Gore if you need a flex. He might be able to suit up next week. Even minor hamstring pulls take at least 2 weeks. 

Keep an eye on Yeldon . . . 

Any updates aside from the Bills reporting he is progressing in a positive way. He has also been listed day to day since he landed on the injury report.

Maybe they held him out in anticipation of big matchup vs the Patriots this week? 

On 9/20/2019 at 3:57 PM, vthokie3 said:

Rather him sit so he doesn't re-aggravate it.

Yup. Hammy's can be tricky. Rather they err on the side of caution. 

• Like 1

How much upside are you all seeing here for 2019 (assuming he comes back soon from the hammy)?

He got dropped in my 10 team league. I only have 1 spot on my bench I can possibly spare, and as the Dalvin Cook owner I’m really wanting to use it on Mattison.

But it depends on how high the ceiling might be for Singletary. 

5 minutes ago, gufomel said:

How much upside are you all seeing here for 2019 (assuming he comes back soon from the hammy)?

He got dropped in my 10 team league. I only have 1 spot on my bench I can possibly spare, and as the Dalvin Cook owner I’m really wanting to use it on Mattison.

But it depends on how high the ceiling might be for Singletary. 

I personally cut him in my 10 team league because I was 0-2 and we have no IR slots. Im holding in my 12 team but I think if healthy he could be a weekly Flex because of upside. 

image.png.d2f114170570f94de8235b7f872eface.png

I'm expecting a limited practice tomorrow and for him to suit up on Sunday. With that being said I wouldn't mind seeing him rest up one more week.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, collucho said:

image.png.d2f114170570f94de8235b7f872eface.png

I'm expecting a limited practice tomorrow and for him to suit up on Sunday. With that being said I wouldn't mind seeing him rest up one more week.

I hope you're right, I don't see him back until after the bye.

• Thanks 1

Just now, crazyfingers711 said:

I think there's a good chance Buffalo rests him until week 7... 

Week 4:  NE 

Week 5:  @Ten

Week 6:  BYE     

Maybe, but I can see it in a divisional tilt against NE. I think they should rest him, but Week 4 is huge for them.