The G Man

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Ryedog1987 said:

Hope he plays I'm depleted at RB with Barkley out

giphy.gif

I want him to rest that hammy as long as possible. Too many times I see players coming back too early and then they aggravate it.

Edited by FitzMagic

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

giphy.gif

I want him to rest that hammy as long as possible. Too many times I see players coming back too early and then they aggravate it.

Lol. Either Singletary or Ty Johnson as my #2. Unfortunately I had a huge week 3 so I couldn't claim gallman off waivers 

Looks like Gore didn’t practice today.  If Singletary is back he could be in for a significant workload 

43 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Looks like Gore didn’t practice today.  If Singletary is back he could be in for a significant workload 

Pretty sure Gore just got a vet rest day

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lla887 said:

49 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Pretty sure Gore just got a vet rest day

Tweet en espanol, but you get the picture for Gore. 

• Like 1

Is Gore a must own for Singletary owners or just a warm body to have on your bench?

Glad they're waiting a week. Bad matchup anyways so gives him time to get ready for the titans game

Gore has been running pretty well lately. I keep hoping for a singletery breakout but I’m not sure when that’s coming if Gore keeps putting up decent numbers. 

Edited by Under500Forever

1 minute ago, Under500Forever said:

Gore has been running pretty well lately. I keep hoping for a singletery breakout but I’m not sure when that’s coming if Gore doesn’t fall flat. 

Singletary is averaging what - 12.5 YPC?   Gore is a legend but he's old and Singletary is the best RB they have when healthy.

1 hour ago, oban14 said:

Singletary is averaging what - 12.5 YPC?   Gore is a legend but he's old and Singletary is the best RB they have when healthy.

I keep telling myself Gore will slow down as the year goes on. I find myself also telling myself "keep telling yourself that" because Gore is not human. 

Honestly though, I'm holding for what I think will be a much increased role as the year goes on. He isn't getting all the touches this year, but I feel as the year goes on he's going to produce more and more and take more share. Having Gore there alongside him this year is also such a good opportunity for him and I would bet that's a big reason the Bills brought him in, along with his inability to age and keep producing.

• Like 1

He should sit out one more week bc then they have a buy.  Dont push it.  And hes on my team btw and I desperately need his production.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dorsett33 said:

He should sit out one more week bc then they have a buy.  Dont push it.  And hes on my team btw and I desperately need his production.   

Been holding in a 10 teamer. He looked so good before the hammy.

• Like 1

Is the upside really there with non-human Gore vacuuming up volume? How long before that changes if and when these hammy issues are truly in the rearview mirror?

I know this sounds odd, but I wonder if his trade value for perceived potential is highest RIGHT NOW.

1 minute ago, Proteus said:

Is the upside really there with non-human Gore vacuuming up volume? How long before that changes if and when these hammy issues are truly in the rearview mirror?

I know this sounds odd, but I wonder if his trade value for perceived potential is highest RIGHT NOW.

I'm surprised the old man hasn't been injured yet. I'm thinking it will shift to a 65/35 or something like that as the season progresses. I'm sure they want to keep Gore fresh too. I traded for Singletary and didn't have to give up much to get him.

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I'm surprised the old man hasn't been injured yet. I'm thinking it will shift to a 65/35 or something like that as the season progresses. I'm sure they want to keep Gore fresh too. I traded for Singletary and didn't have to give up much to get him.

If the Bills keep winning as is and Gore stays healthy, I bet we don’t see that 65/35 until week 10. 

We high on this guy? I'm very thin at RB in a league but deep at WR and considering going after him before he hits the field again, and overpaying if necessary. I love his ROS upside even though Gore will likely be a thorn for awhile. That geriatric can't keep it up forever, can he??

5 minutes ago, owenmills said:

We high on this guy? I'm very thin at RB in a league but deep at WR and considering going after him before he hits the field again, and overpaying if necessary. I love his ROS upside even though Gore will likely be a thorn for awhile. That geriatric can't keep it up forever, can he??

Gore is a freakin pain in the... I don't think he's going anywhere but I think Singletary will be a good second half of the year 

Edited by NyZD

Still high on him. Top-10 rushing offense in the league with a top-10 defense. He has the juice to make big plays and they need another playmaker. Singletary still has a lot of value in leagues, like a WR3 in a 3 WR league.

I'm holding- only way to go is up- better than temporary assets (aside from Gallman)

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

I am holding onto his talent, but flying phrase "high" on a guy who gets hurt first game of the season even though he was not carrying the load is a stretch.

1 hour ago, DJSatane said:

I am holding onto his talent, but flying phrase "high" on a guy who gets hurt first game of the season even though he was not carrying the load is a stretch.

I think you're being a little harsh on the guy. Hamstring injuries really have nothing to do with volume, it can happen at any time really. Him getting injured week 1 with a hammy tells us pretty much zero about his prospects the rest of the year.

OBJ missed the first four games of his rookie season with a hamstring injury. How did that turn out?

1 hour ago, DJSatane said:

it was week 2

• Like 2