The G Man

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I may be overthinking this, but I could see a 60/40 split in Gore's favor.  Although, there may be a good chance this game is decided by as early as the 3rd quarter leaving the touches to Singletary.  With Gordon going up against a tough Tenn. run def, I am considering starting Singletary over Gordon.  Am I overthinking this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beerfish said:

 

I think its more about the Miami D than the hype (at least for me it is)

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BklynBlue said:

I may be overthinking this, but I could see a 60/40 split in Gore's favor.  Although, there may be a good chance this game is decided by as early as the 3rd quarter leaving the touches to Singletary.  With Gordon going up against a tough Tenn. run def, I am considering starting Singletary over Gordon.  Am I overthinking this?

I'm asking this because I've seen it a couple times and I legitimately do not understand.

You've got a 36 year old RB and a 22 year old rookie.  The 22 year old rookie has shown immense promise in the extremely limited opportunities that you've given him and seems like the potential future of the team.

He has also missed a month with a hamstring injury and this is his first game back.

Why is it the thought process is that if you have a big lead against a bad team you would give the ball to the kid more often than the 36 year old guy?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, beerfish said:

 

I think its more about the Miami D than the hype (at least for me it is)

 

I get it. But we have no clue what his volume will be, so I just think that starting him over more established players who also have pretty guaranteed volume could be a mistake. I definitely have him ahead of someone like David Montgomery, but Kerryon or Fitzgerald? Seems like a stretch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I'm asking this because I've seen it a couple times and I legitimately do not understand.

You've got a 36 year old RB and a 22 year old rookie.  The 22 year old rookie has shown immense promise in the extremely limited opportunities that you've given him and seems like the potential future of the team.

He has also missed a month with a hamstring injury and this is his first game back.

Why is it the thought process is that if you have a big lead against a bad team you would give the ball to the kid more often than the 36 year old guy?

 

Yes, I don’t think it’s any certainty at all that Singletary would get the garbage time touches. Could be quite the opposite.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see Singletary go 15/150, and I don’t think it’s outside the realm of possibilities. But I also think 5 touches is a reasonable possibility as well. 

My projection? Let’s say 12 touches (including 4 catches) for 60 yards, and a 30-50% chance at a TD. That puts him at 10-11 half-ppr points, with a very wide range of outcomes on either side. Projections seem almost futile in a case like this, because it feels like he could get low volume being worked back in or he could explode. 

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to start my players who have been putting up numbers. Although I do have a suspicion that he will put up a solid number against Miami.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest question is....Gore or Singletary? Not a start sit question. More of a projection between the two. This is one of the easier gamescripts to predict. 
 

I’ll go first 

 

Gore 

15 carries 

84 yards 

2 Rec

8 yards

 

Singletary

11 carries 

60 yards 

4 rec 

26 yards

 

no idea who gets the TD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe Odam said:

The biggest question is....Gore or Singletary? Not a start sit question. More of a projection between the two. This is one of the easier gamescripts to predict. 
 

I’ll go first 

 

Gore 

15 carries 

84 yards 

2 Rec

8 yards

 

Singletary

11 carries 

60 yards 

4 rec 

26 yards

 

no idea who gets the TD

 

Why not both? Gore rushing and Singletary receiving. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.c1d913fb572ab34c37aeb65ed0fa190f.png

Not sure who's high here, McDermott or the Rotoworld guys. Pretty sure the Bills are not playing the Jaguars. Either way this post irritated the sh*t out of me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Im getting tired of this guys bum hammies.  He on the aj green plan or what?

He's been practicing fully though so not sure what the issue is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

He's been practicing fully though so not sure what the issue is

 

Maybe coachspeak. Not trying to reveal too much a la the Hoodie?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pdizzle710 said:

 

Maybe coachspeak. Not trying to reveal too much a la the Hoodie?


definitely coachspeak, he was a game time decision for week 5 and is now practicing in full. You’ll never get a straight answer from the coaches.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:


definitely coachspeak, he was a game time decision for week 5 and is now practicing in full. You’ll never get a straight answer from the coaches.

 

Could also be used as a way to make Devin earn his way back into the rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the same boat deciding between Singletary and Kerryon.  It might seem crazy - how do you bench a guy getting around 20 touches a game - but what has Kerryon done with all that volume?  Best game of the year so far is 16.80 points back in week 2.  He hasn't been a disappointment since he's getting tons of work, but Singletary had 2 double digit games to start the year, and left early in week 2.  I'm rolling with Singletary this week against the crappy Dolphins rather than watching Minnesota stifle the Lions run game.  

Another thing is game script probably favors Singletary this week.  Bills should be well ahead all game against Miami, where as The Vikings will run the ball, control the clock, and could very well have the lead all game against Detroit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[...]
 

Sometimes in fantasy football you have to roll the dice on a player you think has break out potential.  Singletary is that guy for me.  

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheesh. Sometimes fantasy football does not have to be hard...dominant d against pathetic tanking o...as home favorites...that’s the best rushing matchup in the league? And good field position?

i wouldn’t be surprised if he had 100 yfs and 2 tds. It is within the realm of possibilities. Slim, but it’s there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hype is strong, usually with so little track record in nfl, returning from injury and another solid rb in place the hype would not be warranted

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The schedule is cakey.

If he does anything short of earning the LEAGUEWINNER tag then I'm holding him and everyone recommending him personally accountable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DJSatane said:

hype is strong, usually with so little track record in nfl, returning from injury and another solid rb in place the hype would not be warranted

It would not be as strong this week if not for a lot of teams on bye and the bills playing the worst rushing defense in the NFL. If it were any other team that was at least a top 20 rush defense people's expectations would be lower obviously.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.