The G Man

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

I'm kind of feeling a Singletary breakout game vs. WAS this week. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

I'm kind of feeling a Singletary breakout game vs. WAS this week. 

double digits every week aside from post hamstring...starting with confidence. If not this week then when?

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

double digits every week aside from post hamstring...starting with confidence. If not this week then when?

Who are you benching for him?

1 hour ago, fullonchubb said:

Who are you benching for him?

A rb3 / we 3/4 type like mark Walton and Hollywood brown lol...flex spot 

Regardless of if the Bills land Bell, if there’s any truth that they’re looking to get him, that gives me pause about what they think of Singletary. I get that Bell is great, but if you have a player that you believe in, paying 10x for Bell doesn’t seem worth it.

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I have 4 guys on bye, so he’ll most likely be in my Flex spot this week. The Skins defense has been playing better, but has been giving up a lot of receiving yards to RBs. If the Bills are smart, they’ll look to use Singletary in the passing game this weekend.

42 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I have 4 guys on bye, so he’ll most likely be in my Flex spot this week. The Skins defense has been playing better, but has been giving up a lot of receiving yards to RBs. If the Bills are smart, they’ll look to use Singletary in the passing game this weekend.

Big IF 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Randy_Rancourtt said:

Big IF 

doesn’t matter ... Redskins getting absolutely throttled in the run game lately and Dalvin just hung up 80 yards receiving. Obviously Devin is not Dalvin but I feel good about his scoring chances

Luckily he made it through on Sunday with no setbacks with his hamstring.  Hopefully he gets more touches moving forward.  Gore is the old war horse but Singletary is dynamic as a back both rushing and receiving.  

I feel good about this week.

But if it doesn't happen this week, I may not feel good ever again.

About anything.

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2019 at 11:55 AM, gufomel said:

Regardless of if the Bills land Bell, if there’s any truth that they’re looking to get him, that gives me pause about what they think of Singletary. I get that Bell is great, but if you have a player that you believe in, paying 10x for Bell doesn’t seem worth it.

Jared Smola (whoever that is) is an idiot. There was no way the Jets were about to shop Bell after paying all that to get him.

Where do they get these talking heads? Archie comic book conventions?  :lol:

I don't buy into Singletary with the hammy and a weak a** QB and offense though. I would have very (very) modest expectations.

Edited by bomont

I think he is absolutely trending up and has a nice upcoming schedule + has already had his bye. He is now 2 games off the hammy and went from 40% snaps two weeks ago to 65% this last week.

He is explosive and doesn’t need 20+ touches to make a real nice day. 

11 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

I think he is absolutely trending up and has a nice upcoming schedule + has already had his bye. He is now 2 games off the hammy and went from 40% snaps two weeks ago to 65% this last week.

He is explosive and doesn’t need 20+ touches to make a real nice day. 

Is there any concern that the increased snap share was only due to them trailing?

I’d like to start him this week, but am concerned it’s a Gore ground and pound game.

3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Looks like he’s grabbing hold of this backfield... Could provide dependable RB2 value moving forward.

I agree. Glad I held onto him.

14 minutes ago, jkendrick2 said:

The schedule looks good, I might need to throw him in my lineup.

Playoff schedule is rough

[...] looked awesome- good for him and yes he's a must start rb2 now 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

2 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Playoff schedule is rough

I agree but he can help you until you get there. He looks like he might be getting close to getting ahead of Gore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jkendrick2 said:

I agree but he can help you until you get there. He looks like he might be getting close to getting ahead of Gore.

Singletary is a playmaker that you don't have to worry about getting game-scripted out, unlike Gore. If they're down big, he will get looks in the passing game...

This is a guy I’m gonna be targeting next year even if Gore is still there.  He easily passes the eye test, and I think he could ascend into RB1 territory with 15-18 touches per game.  Looks like a real good young RB.

• Like 2

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

This is a guy I’m gonna be targeting next year even if Gore is still there.  He easily passes the eye test, and I think he could ascend into RB1 territory with 15-18 touches per game.  Looks like a real good young RB.

Yeah, and it is going to be hard to leave him out of my lineup the rest of this season.