The G Man

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

Was trying to buy him low a few weeks ago but now the inconsistency and crappy playoff schedule are making this a stay away. Saying that, he has to produce against Miami I would imagine, even on limited carries.

11 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Was trying to buy him low a few weeks ago but now the inconsistency and crappy playoff schedule are making this a stay away. Saying that, he has to produce against Miami I would imagine, even on limited carries.

Not sure why. It was an all-around bad game for the Bills. They still have one of the better offensive lines and it isn't like Gore did anything in the game either. Had he done something I'd be concerned. Maybe it should be a wake-up call to feed Singletary? He ran at a 5.3 ypc clip. The schedule hasn't been a secret. So, last week really shouldn't be a deterrent.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 2

How many more games do you expect the Bills to throw 41 times?

Seems to me this was an aberration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

How many more games do you expect the Bills to throw 41 times?

Seems to me this was an aberration.

Yeah. I cooled off and have come to the conclusion that he is a top-24 option this next week. I know Miami is improving a bit but they are still the Dolphins. Don't think they are a huge pushover anymore but being on the road can create a bit more urgency. 

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Yeah. I cooled off and have come to the conclusion that he is a top-24 option this next week. I know Miami is improving a bit but they are still the Dolphins. Don't think they are a huge pushover anymore but being on the road can create a bit more urgency. 

Make that top 15 option 

18 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

This time of year it is harder than ever to ignore recency bias because every week is so vital to playoff aspirations.

That said, on the year, Buffalo is still passing only 56.77% of the time (#10 in terms of run to pass ratio).  Miami, in spite of holding Marlon Mack to 74 yards on Sunday is still allowing 146.1 yards per game on the ground (30th) at 4.6 yards per carry (24th).

Lot of weird things happened this past week, the Dolphins, Falcons, Browns, and Jets all won.  But be careful not to get carried away with assuming these are trends.

• Like 1

Bills coaching staff after Week 9:  "That was way too successful.  Gotta scale back his touches."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm used to seeing rook RBs reps taken away for fumbling, missed blocks, etc. Never seen a team limit a rook RB's touches after having the best game of his career. In so doing they proceeded to lose the game. They essentially coached themselves into a loss.

For that reason, dependence upon Singletary indicates desperation by fantasy owners. For no reason whatsoever he can be limited to 5-10 touches for 50-60 yards - or even less - in "smash starts" like tomorrow.

Just the facts. Because of the ineptitude of his coaching staff he is a dice-roll starter regardless of opponent.

• Like 3

[...]Singletary is a boom-bust play with week-winning potential against Miami. Just know that he won't sniff goal line touches. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

9 hours ago, Mr Rourke said:

[...]Singletary is a boom-bust play with week-winning potential against Miami. Just know that he won't sniff goal line touches. 

I’m pretty sure Singletary has gotten GL touches though. I think like everything else those are just shared w Gore

Just now, Hacksawjimduggan said:

Hasn't passed double digits in PPR every time I start him. Too many cooks near the goal line.

His qb is the problem

1 minute ago, RingMyBell said:

His qb is the problem

Allen played fine but he calls his own number a lot in high value situations. Really can't trust this guy anymore with splitting snaps, fumbling issues, and high value touches. What happened to his receptions? Bills need to play against a high powered offense.

15-75 is fine but I agree, where are the catches? That's what would make him a solid RB2 type. He has the build of a guy who should do alot of damage in the passing game. Also my box score shows 2 fumbles(although didn't lose either). That ain't good in terms of pulling away from Gore.

2 minutes ago, Hacksawjimduggan said:

I imagine he's the first or second guy off most people's benches. With the byes wrapping up, he'll probably have a random blowup 3 weeks from now and everyone is going to be mad.

Think he's droppable at this point- let him be someone else's headache. Tired of headache players at this point in the season

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Think he's droppable at this point- let him be someone else's headache. Tired of headache players at this point in the season

I suppose in pretty shallow leagues I could see this but you know the second you drop him Gore will get dinged up heading into the fantasy playoffs and you'll be playing the guy who scooped him up. 

• Like 1

I've literally not started him once when he scored double digit points. Each time I started him...2.6, 6.5, 8.4. Enough's enough- drop this guy. Too much of an unpredictable headache

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

15/75 is pretty darn good. I mean, sorry he didn't get a TD but it isn't like he's not producing.

• Like 5