The G Man

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

I’ve seen Carlos Hyde and Raheem Mostert gash the Ravens, I just still don’t get why they having Plodding Frank Gore out there to close games. I doubt buffalo is milking clock in any of these next 3 games tho so should be fine. 

16 hours ago, fantasysupersaiyan said:

I’ve seen Carlos Hyde and Raheem Mostert gash the Ravens, I just still don’t get why they having Plodding Frank Gore out there to close games. I doubt buffalo is milking clock in any of these next 3 games tho so should be fine. 

It's kind of hard to argue with the results though, from a non-FFB and "actual football" standpoint. Use Singletary to rack up the yardage and do the finesse/scoring stuff, and use Frank the Tank to bludgeon the defense...

Edited by n00chness
fix typo
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, n00chness said:

It's kind of hard to argue with the results though, from a non-FFB and "actual football" standpoint. Use Singletary to rack up the yardage and do the finesse/scoring stuff, and use Frank the Tank to bludgeon the defense...

Frank the Tank went 9 for 11 and couldn't get a first down to ice the game against Dallas.

• Like 1

I don't know why they don't do more screens. I've watched a few Bills games and he's open underneath a lot but Allen just ends up making some ill advised throw down field. He's good for like 60-80 yards rushing plus a couple of catches and maybe a TD. Decent flex option. 

3 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Frank the Tank went 9 for 11 and couldn't get a first down to ice the game against Dallas.

Gore has had countless three and outs while killing the clock this year. He cannot get more than 3 yards a run. He never fumbles though so there’s that.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 1:33 PM, Randy_Rancourtt said:

I don't know why they don't do more screens. I've watched a few Bills games and he's open underneath a lot but Allen just ends up making some ill advised throw down field. He's good for like 60-80 yards rushing plus a couple of catches and maybe a TD. Decent flex option. 

We don't have mobile enough linemen for screen passes. There are a lot of underneath routes that could realistically gain 4-8 yards on most plays in the NFL, I'd bet. Josh is a gunslinger, that's just what he does. Singletary will likely never be a guy who does much in the pass game on a consistent basis, and I think that is a product of the scheme of the Bills offense overall.

I'm starting. Mostert crave this BAL defense up in space. And Devin is way more elusive.

Plus BUF will have to run the ball and keep pace with Lamar

I think I've decided to bench him...don't feel too good about the team matchups (buffalo passes to WRs baltimore shuts down WRs etc..)

Don't feel great about the offense doing well, considering how bad the Cowboys looked yesterday, maybe their defense is just overrated.

Also don't feel great with his consistent passing game usage...Allen only targeted him twice, while his TD was on a trick play.

Rotoworld article today was very good- shows how mismatched the Bills and Ravens are.

I’m rolling him there, my other options are too boom-or-bust to start in the playoffs.  Hopefully he balls out

Not much to say here except rock solid. This dude has a very bright future - checks all the boxes.

He was a solid consistent contributor since about week 7 or so. I don't think he's come close to ceiling production either. 

18 minutes ago, scottishguy said:

So PIT not an ideal match up but what do we think the floor is here, 60 total yards and 5 catches?

Sounds about right. I don’t have the stones to start him frankly, going with james white in PPR. Especially since he gets 0 goal line action. Would be tough for mike singletary to get double digit points this week. 

11 minutes ago, savagenatn said:

Sounds about right. I don’t have the stones to start him frankly, going with james white in PPR. Especially since he gets 0 goal line action. Would be tough for mike singletary to get double digit points this week. 

He just had 17.8 PPR points vs Baltimore's defense but sure, double digits is a long shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, savagenatn said:

Don't call him mike >.< Devin*

38 minutes ago, savagenatn said:

Not sure why James White is any safer than Singletary right now, but to each his own.

White’s best games came in a loss to the Texans, a loss to the Chiefs, and a loss to the Ravens.

So how much do you think the Bengals are gonna win by in Foxboro on Sunday?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Not sure why James White is any safer than Singletary right now, but to each his own.

White’s best games came in a loss to the Texans, a loss to the Chiefs, and a loss to the Ravens.

Now that their signs have been stolen, they might lose.

47 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

He just had 17.8 PPR points vs Baltimore's defense but sure, double digits is a long shot.

Why feel the need to be a smartass you mf? You can disagree but you don’t need to be a punk about it

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2019 at 4:39 PM, Br0kenB said:

We don't have mobile enough linemen for screen passes. There are a lot of underneath routes that could realistically gain 4-8 yards on most plays in the NFL, I'd bet. Josh is a gunslinger, that's just what he does. Singletary will likely never be a guy who does much in the pass game on a consistent basis, and I think that is a product of the scheme of the Bills offense overall.

Josh can't throw the ball 4 yards?

24 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Don’t recall saying the bengals would win the game. If I did please quote it. It’s close between white and singletary but playing at pitt I don’t have a good feeling about it. I may be terribly wrong and he puts up 30 points hell I don’t know 

4 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Josh can't throw the ball 4 yards?

He doesnt seem to choose it often. I'm sure he could check down more if he wants but likes to let it rip

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

He doesnt seem to choose it often. I'm sure he could check down more if he wants but likes to let it rip

I know he doesn't choose to, but it's foolish not to. Why not make your job easier?