The G Man

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

Just now, claptondecheeks said:

Why did you guys fall out of love with Singletary? You think Gore is gonna let the team?

Because no body knows what’s going to happen with the Bills backfield. Idk about you, but I don’t feel comfortable starting Singletary until I know what his role will be.

1 minute ago, Athebaby7 said:

Because no body knows what’s going to happen with the Bills backfield. Idk about you, but I don’t feel comfortable starting Singletary until I know what his role will be.

No I get that but some people are saying they wouldn't draft him until the 10th. Send crazy if he really is a good RB and likely to start. Was just wondering if I missed some news about Gore's or Yeldon's role bring more significant than we thought last week.

I just snagged him in the 11th round of my ten teamer which is a steal for a starting running back in non PPR.  

When you're competition for touches is Gore and Yeldon you are looking better than most lead backs in a RBBC.  

9 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Veteran deference.

In a committee sometimes it matters who starts (like Breida), sometimes it's just a sign of who has the presence to start off the first drive. This doesn't change my feeling about Singletary at all, still criminally underrated.

Just now, pushaZ said:

Veteran deference.

In a committee sometimes it matters who starts (like Breida), sometimes it's just a sign of who has the presence to start off the first drive. This doesn't change my feeling about Singletary at all, still criminally underrated.

True, but Gore needs to be owned in deeper leagues.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/04/buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-devin-singletary-pro-rookie/

McDermott has been impressed with what he has seen from the 22-year-old both on and off the field, with the ball carrier’s off-field professionalism matching his on-field talent.

“Some of what he did in college, he’s been able to do at our level,” McDermott said. “Look, it’s early. Limited sample. The thing I love the most is he’s very conscientious day-to-day, he’s a pro in a rookie’s body just in terms of his approach to the game, his daily approach to what we do, how we do things.

He’s shown prowess as a receiver, something that will allow the team to get the ball into his hands in a variety of ways in the regular season. McDermott is pleased with the pass-catching ability he has seen from the rookie back.

not necessarily fantasy news but McDermott seems to like him. Frank Gore will always have a role which is a negative but I think Devin will lead this backfield in touches as long as he stays healthy. 

On 9/3/2019 at 4:30 PM, Athebaby7 said:

He’s definitely a wait and see RB. It’s tough to start him unless your really desperate for a dart throw. 

It won’t happen right away but I think Singletery will get more and more work as the season goes on. 

All the breakout stories from WR....

This guy is the story that really matters.

Zero chance he's not given the majority of touches next week, very soon will be the lead back. If he's a quarter as efficient as this hes an easy top 10 RB.

• Like 1

gore is completely washed. yeldon is trash. that's all you need to know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Zero chance he's not given the majority of touches next week, very soon will be the lead back. If he's a quarter as efficient as this hes an easy top 10 RB.

Id be thrilled with top 20 based on where I drafted him

• Like 1

Some of this guys moves in the open field were spectacular amazing he jumped off the freakin screen when they actually started giving him the ball...

All of this RBBC is crazy. These organizations think anyone can do it. They can’t. 

You need a great system, great coach, and great personnel to do it. Belicheck and Payton can do it. Sometimes other teams can do it. 

But, by in large, give it to your best back more frequently and let him go.

Seeing today's games you gotta wonder if the winning combo wasn't Shady and Singletary together.    

Singletary looked good, real good, though.   Key thing that might've gotten overlooked- a great seal block on Allen's TD run.     It seems like they're going to be so much more dangerous with him than Gore in there.   

3 hours ago, pushaZ said:

But what about his bad combine scores???!!!111

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Evincar said:

But what about his bad combine scores???!!!111

I was just about to post this!!! all that chirping about his 40 time and he was juking people and looked very quick and elusive every single touch he got..

Edited by NyZD