Homerj24

Anthony Miller 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Love him too. Played most of the year with a dislocated shoulder. Said it would pop out of socket all the time even when he just ran too hard it would pop out. Never missed a game, had 7tds and would of had more but mitch missed some wide open throws.

 

That being said the bears love all their weapons and will try to spread it around so I doubt he does anything too exceptional this year. Probably have a stat line like 65/800/7 but that's just a guess. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Love him too. Played most of the year with a dislocated shoulder. Said it would pop out of socket all the time even when he just ran too hard it would pop out. Never missed a game, had 7tds and would of had more but mitch missed some wide open throws.

 

That being said the bears love all their weapons and will try to spread it around so I doubt he does anything too exceptional this year. Probably have a stat line like 65/800/7 but that's just a guess. 

I agree with all this. Loved him coming out. Elite route runner. Fine rookie year even with the injuries. I agree with this take. They’re gonna throw spread it a lot and run it a lot so I don’t know if you can expect higher than 60-70 750-850 and a few tds assuming everyone else stays healthy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bmore86 said:

 I don’t know if you can expect higher than 60-70 750-850 and a few tds assuming everyone else stays healthy. 

 

Every team spreads the ball around until someone transcends the system.  Miller has a shot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dogfightgiggle said:

 

Every team spreads the ball around until someone transcends the system.  Miller has a shot.

I agree if he’s all of a sudden one of the top WRs in the game he’ll be fine regardless. But if you’re looking for a huge jump in his second year I don’t love this spot for getting the necessary targets. The Reid system from which Nagy came throws the ball a ton to the backs and usually has a few gadget plays for utility type players as well. I love the kid and think he’s going to be a nice player, just don’t think he’s going to demand enough of a target share....yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like him but Trubisky seems to like to spread the ball around.  If he can emerge as the #1 wr for the Bears then I would consider adding him in fantasy but otherwise I'm not touching any Bears wr including Allen Robinson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sjm76 said:

I like him but Trubisky seems to like to spread the ball around.  If he can emerge as the #1 wr for the Bears then I would consider adding him in fantasy but otherwise I'm not touching any Bears wr including Allen Robinson.

 

I agree with this. I'm not a huge fan of Trubisky but I think he might be the best draft investment on the Bears because he has a ton of weapons but you don't really know which receiver will emerge. I will still be looking at drafting Miller very late but will not be reaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Miller a lot, but they just dont throw enough to pay him off.   He was i think the 5th most targeted Bear last year, and while I can see him usurping more targets away from Gabriel, maybe Burton too, he's gotta climb a bit to really be a value.     He had that good midseason stretch- 6 or 7 targets in 4 straight games, then suddenly he's barely a factor.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I like Miller a lot, but they just dont throw enough to pay him off.   He was i think the 5th most targeted Bear last year, and while I can see him usurping more targets away from Gabriel, maybe Burton too, he's gotta climb a bit to really be a value.     He had that good midseason stretch- 6 or 7 targets in 4 straight games, then suddenly he's barely a factor.    

 

He was hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess i overlooked the one game he missed in December- and i'll assume he got hurt during the week prior when he had one target, so i can throw those out.  There were five other games besides those, after his big game vs Detroit.    In those five, he totaled 12 targets and 4 rush attempts.   To his credit, 3 TD's in those games at least.     I just find Nagy's usage choices curious at times- going back to the playoff loss where he just forgot about Cohen, for instance.    

Sometimes a talented guy's just in the wrong offense.   Trade him with Cooper Kupp and we're probably drafting Miller in the 5th round.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He returned to practice this week. Read a few quotes here and there. Seems like their were a few detail things he needs to improve on this year. 

 

I think he has a chance to a relevant and startable fantasy asset by mid-season when byes kick in. 

 

Still taking a roster spot. But on my bubble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 6:27 PM, Tenner said:

He returned to practice this week. Read a few quotes here and there. Seems like their were a few detail things he needs to improve on this year. 

 

I think he has a chance to a relevant and startable fantasy asset by mid-season when byes kick in. 

 

Still taking a roster spot. But on my bubble. 

 

Looking to drop him for d. Thomas. Fair assessment in his value right now? I'm having bad feelings about bears offense this year- tough schedule and trubisky effect 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dem Thomas played in the 4th preseason game alot, that probably means he is close to being cut.  Anthony Miller is starting Wr he has potential to pass A Rob, to be the number 1 WR on the bears. Dem Thomas is on his down slope of his career, it would take an injury to Gordon or Edelman for him to worth anything close to startable.  Miller has potential to be a WR3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

Dem Thomas played in the 4th preseason game alot, that probably means he is close to being cut.  Anthony Miller is starting Wr he has potential to pass A Rob, to be the number 1 WR on the bears. Dem Thomas is on his down slope of his career, it would take an injury to Gordon or Edelman for him to worth anything close to startable.  Miller has potential to be a WR3

 

Is the confusion here Miller's upside or Thomas actually being relevant in fantasy this year? I will say he didn't look great last year (Thomas)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Is the confusion here Miller's upside or Thomas actually being relevant in fantasy this year? I will say he didn't look great last year (Thomas)

I would say Miller has more upside, Thomas is not going to give anyone much. I would hold Miller because of his upside.  Brady and the pats are good, but after White, Edleman, Gordon, Dem Thomas isn't going to be start able for fantasy leagues.  Maybe I'm wrong but I wouldn't drop Miller for him.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mortman212 said:

I would say Miller has more upside, Thomas is not going to give anyone much. I would hold Miller because of his upside.  Brady and the pats are good, but after White, Edleman, Gordon, Dem Thomas isn't going to be start able for fantasy leagues.  Maybe I'm wrong but I wouldn't drop Miller for him.  

Completely agree, Myers did it across more preseason games then DT did, and everyone is all over DT now. IMO DT is the 5th option at best. Also DT did against all backups and players getting cut. I’d keep Miller and it’s not even close IMO

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Man, it’s going to be tough holding this guy if Chicago is this bad.

 

Rough stat line for sure. Couldn't watch, how involved (or not) was he? Was he used as the #2 or was that Gabriel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Man, it’s going to be tough holding this guy if Chicago is this bad.

 

Miller is injured. According to the Bears he is over it, but his usage makes it clear that he is not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheDude4bides said:

 

Rough stat line for sure. Couldn't watch, how involved (or not) was he? Was he used as the #2 or was that Gabriel?

 

Wasn't involved at all , towards the end Trubisky threw a Hail Mary of sort to him but didn't connect. Gabriel tho caught a few passes. And this was with Trey Burton out ... safe to drop I would say. Maybe just maybe if you really believe in him you give him 1 more game. I just dropped him 3Q along with Alison from GB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

 

Miller is injured. According to the Bears he is over it, but his usage makes it clear that he is not. 

 

Or his usage was just as planned, like Montgomery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

Or his usage was just as planned, like Montgomery.

Trubisky doesn’t go past the first read.  No look offs, no pump fakes.  Nothing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miller is going to be one of those guys who will have a couple big weeks, but a whole lot of mediocrity or worse mixed in where I don't think anyone would be comfortable spot-starting him. I think he's talented, but I don't trust their coach or QB where he's a consistent option in the passing game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.