Homerj24

Anthony Miller 2019 Outlook

Would you guys consider starting him and Robinson? If the TE's and Gabriel are still out, it's become pretty clear the Trubisky just funnels targets to these two (and Cohen to a lesser extent). Godwin's injury has me forced into this consideration, but I don't hate it as much as I thought I would.

KC has been more vulnerable to slot receivers so Miller should be solid again in what looks like a bad matchup. 

Assuming Gabriel is out again, you gotta think he’s a lock for 10 targets if Trubisky is throwing it 45 times.

Never thought I would be thinking this during the first half of the season, but im considering starting Miller [...] this week

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Temper expectations with Miller and look for other options.  He will surely have a bust week when it counts the most against KC’s tough defense.  The matchup isn’t there for him.  Look at Courtland Sutton last week against KC. 

4 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Temper expectations with Miller and look for other options.  He will surely have a bust week when it counts the most against KC’s tough defense.  The matchup isn’t there for him.  Look at Courtland Sutton last week against KC. 

meh. 

Donks on the road. missing 2 starting o-lineman. blizzard. 

give that one a pass. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I gotta disagree. Bears will be throwing and Miller is getting plenty of targets. Miller is also wr 8 in PPR over the past month. And how can you compare Sutton? It was a white out and they couldn't move the ball at all.

It's just not a good matchup, no matter how you slice it.

From Clay's excellent shadow report:

"The Chiefs have been one of the most dominant defenses against wide receivers. They've allowed the fewest receptions and the second-fewest fantasy points to the position, including the fewest to perimeter receivers. Kansas City struggled against the slot earlier this season but has improved since giving Mathieu run over Kendall Fuller inside. Robinson (55% perimeter) will see plenty of both Ward and Mathieu, while Miller (81% slot) will primarily work against Mathieu and Fuller."

12 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

It's just not a good matchup, no matter how you slice it.

From Clay's excellent shadow report:

"The Chiefs have been one of the most dominant defenses against wide receivers. They've allowed the fewest receptions and the second-fewest fantasy points to the position, including the fewest to perimeter receivers. Kansas City struggled against the slot earlier this season but has improved since giving Mathieu run over Kendall Fuller inside. Robinson (55% perimeter) will see plenty of both Ward and Mathieu, while Miller (81% slot) will primarily work against Mathieu and Fuller."

I think we're gonna see some garbage time in this one with the Bears having to play catch up. The positive is that the Chiefs are likely going to have to put more attention on Arob than Miller.

I wouldn’t worry about the bad matchup on paper vs KC defense. He has been getting an insane amount of targets lately and you can bet Trubisky will be throwing the ball 40-50 times. Trubisky has been playing decent lately too. Their run game is also garbage so things are looking up for Miller. This is all assuming Gabriel is still out.

57 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

This is all assuming Gabriel is still out.

he ain't coming back this week ...

On 12/18/2019 at 11:18 AM, Olliemets said:

Would you guys consider starting him and Robinson? If the TE's and Gabriel are still out, it's become pretty clear the Trubisky just funnels targets to these two (and Cohen to a lesser extent). Godwin's injury has me forced into this consideration, but I don't hate it as much as I thought I would.

I suppose you could do that but that sure is putting a lot of trust in Trubisky in the fantasy playoffs. To get starting stats out of both you'd have to assume Mitch goes for 300ish yards and 2-3 TDs against KC, in KC, while KC is playing for seeding and the Bears are out of it. Not sure i'd be comfortable with that. Feels like an unsure floor and a low ceiling. 

17 hours ago, yossarian said:

I suppose you could do that but that sure is putting a lot of trust in Trubisky in the fantasy playoffs. To get starting stats out of both you'd have to assume Mitch goes for 300ish yards and 2-3 TDs against KC, in KC, while KC is playing for seeding and the Bears are out of it. Not sure i'd be comfortable with that. Feels like an unsure floor and a low ceiling. 

Bears are home bruh

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Crash08 said:

Bears are home bruh

not sure it really matters. Point still stands. You really want to tie all of your WR production to Mitch Trubisky?

Tough call on him this week. [...] I’d be high on Miller but like others have said can’t see playing a receiver core that’s dependent on Mitch in a tough WR matchup vs KC. That said, they are most susceptible to slot receivers, I believe. 

Edited by luckBbrady
Removed Assistant Coach content

I don't look at the chiefs as a bad matchup to slot WRs though. 

I have Metcalf and Scary Terry slightly ahead however

The last 5 weeks of targets: 11, 9, 13, 4, 15....two 100 yard games, two tds in that span, caught 6 or more in 4 out of 5 games....I think I'm going to roll with him in the finals. My other options are either Kirk or Slayton but overall I'm not confident with either 3 

Edited by Leopard

Its VERY tempting but with finals I'm taking the safer play. In my case it's scary Terry who is clearly the #1 option and the only option.

Almost time guys who’s playing him? 

I got him as my WR2 really hoping for a 20+ game from him. Had carson go down today 😪 

how confident are y’all feeling ? 

I think he’ll produce tonight! KC is great against the pass tho, hopefully he’ll benefit from the slot and Mitch chucking away all night.

Wish Naggy coached the Cowboys.. we'd at least have half a chance of seeing him getting canned midgame.  Broke my own rule of starting a bear, that's on me...might just hire a midget to punch me in the sack next year if I try to draft any bear, Patriot, or chiefs RB...seems like the only way I'll ever avoid this same disaster year after year.