Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Dynasty trade my Trout for Vlad, Bogaerts and Fiers


Recommended Posts

In a word, NO.  The best player in fantasy and you want to give that up for a decent SS, an under-performing rookie and a marginal SP?  Vlad has not established himself or even performed that well so far and you are trading for him as if he was already the next Arenado.

Edited by secretagentman
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

In a word, NO.  The best player in fantasy and you want to give that up for a decent SS, an under-performing rookie and a marginal SP?  Vlad has not established himself or even performed that well so far and you are trading for him as if he was already the next Arenado.

I appreciate your insight, didn’t say I wanted to give Trout up I just wanted to gauge the return value I should be looking for. Thx

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steve O said:

I appreciate your insight, didn’t say I wanted to give Trout up I just wanted to gauge the return value I should be looking for. Thx

As a general rule, you never trade Trout unless someone really makes you an offer you cannot refuse, like 2 first rounders+.  Simply is not worth it otherwise imo from a risk vs. reward perspective.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that, and an owner last year offered me Trout for C. Seager and Benintendi and I jumped all over that. I have done a good job I think so far in dynasty as far as making the right deals, and I am in a deep league 24 teams with 30 man rosters so  it makes it tougher to trade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

As a general rule, you never trade Trout unless someone really makes you an offer you cannot refuse, like 2 first rounders+.  Simply is not worth it otherwise imo from a risk vs. reward perspective.

This. I would refuse this trade in my sleep.

 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/756164-which-side-wins-whir/

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 1:30 PM, secretagentman said:

In a word, NO.  The best player in fantasy and you want to give that up for a decent SS, an under-performing rookie and a marginal SP?  Vlad has not established himself or even performed that well so far and you are trading for him as if he was already the next Arenado.

You have to put everything into context.

Vlad is only 20. 99% of guys that age are in A or AA.

Vlad is doing just fine.

A 102 ops+

He's already above league average.

Hank Aaron at age 20 had a 104 ops+

Nolan Arenado didn't make majors till he was 22, posting a 85 ops+

Vlad will be a top 20 player

Not a doubt in my mind

I still take Trout side, because Trout is a top 5 player all-time

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 3:44 PM, secretagentman said:

As a general rule, you never trade Trout unless someone really makes you an offer you cannot refuse, like 2 first rounders+.  Simply is not worth it otherwise imo from a risk vs. reward perspective.

Agreed.  A top-2 (Yelich) player demands multiple high-end, SAFE players in return.  Bogaerts is there.  Vlad isn't yet.  And Fiers is a laughable third piece.

Return the favor?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...