Sign in to follow this  
Steve O

Dynasty trade my Trout for Vlad, Bogaerts and Fiers

What do you guys think? Should I pull the trigger? currently I have Kingery at 3B Polanco at SS. I can move Kingery to the OF since he is eligible there.

In a word, NO.  The best player in fantasy and you want to give that up for a decent SS, an under-performing rookie and a marginal SP?  Vlad has not established himself or even performed that well so far and you are trading for him as if he was already the next Arenado.

Edited by secretagentman

3 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

In a word, NO.  The best player in fantasy and you want to give that up for a decent SS, an under-performing rookie and a marginal SP?  Vlad has not established himself or even performed that well so far and you are trading for him as if he was already the next Arenado.

I appreciate your insight, didn’t say I wanted to give Trout up I just wanted to gauge the return value I should be looking for. Thx

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve O said:

I appreciate your insight, didn’t say I wanted to give Trout up I just wanted to gauge the return value I should be looking for. Thx

As a general rule, you never trade Trout unless someone really makes you an offer you cannot refuse, like 2 first rounders+.  Simply is not worth it otherwise imo from a risk vs. reward perspective.

• Like 1

Thanks for that, and an owner last year offered me Trout for C. Seager and Benintendi and I jumped all over that. I have done a good job I think so far in dynasty as far as making the right deals, and I am in a deep league 24 teams with 30 man rosters so  it makes it tougher to trade.

43 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

As a general rule, you never trade Trout unless someone really makes you an offer you cannot refuse, like 2 first rounders+.  Simply is not worth it otherwise imo from a risk vs. reward perspective.

This. I would refuse this trade in my sleep.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/756164-which-side-wins-whir/

That third piece needs to be better.  Vlad and Bogaerts is a solid start for a Trout package but it needs that last piece to put it over the top before I would consider it 

I don't think it is a bad trade offer. But I wouldn't do it unless you got a better pitcher than Fiers.

On 7/29/2019 at 1:30 PM, secretagentman said:

You have to put everything into context.

Vlad is only 20. 99% of guys that age are in A or AA.

Vlad is doing just fine.

A 102 ops+

He's already above league average.

Hank Aaron at age 20 had a 104 ops+

Nolan Arenado didn't make majors till he was 22, posting a 85 ops+

Vlad will be a top 20 player

Not a doubt in my mind

I still take Trout side, because Trout is a top 5 player all-time

On 7/29/2019 at 3:44 PM, secretagentman said:

Agreed.  A top-2 (Yelich) player demands multiple high-end, SAFE players in return.  Bogaerts is there.  Vlad isn't yet.  And Fiers is a laughable third piece.

Return the favor?