slmroz

Trae Young 2019-2020 Outlook

On 2/6/2020 at 11:53 AM, Travis Burten said:

Lol punting 3 cats is never smart 

If done right, and its usually not, a 3 cat punt team will wreck everyone in playoffs. You gotta get there but you can always punt more stats as the year goes on. Most people just do it wrong. 

My most competitive $250 league has a 3 cat punt guy creeping up at 5th seed and theres a couple super teams that no ones coming close to beat, except him who he should easily take down 5-4 or 6-3. His punts are pts 3s ft%, and he doesn't lose, ever. That's got him a spot as 5th seed and likely to win it all. 

A 4 cat punt is horrible, but 3 can work and I've seen it done multiple times successfully.

It almost always includes Drummond simmons adams lonzo Rubio. Any low scoring high assist guards with steals combined with bigs who steal. It's pretty deadly if you can sneak into playoffs, which I think will be done enough to be profitable. 

If you win 5-4 for 20 weeks that a 100-80 record, not to mention the 6-3s as well to make it more. Injury can hurt but fg% to rbs and blks will always be locked down. 

On 2/7/2020 at 11:13 AM, Travis Burten said:

Oh you play with 1 win weeks. I usually play in overall score transfers to your record. Winning 5-4 doesn't move the needle as much if you only end up winning 5 of hte 6 cats

But at the very least, punting FG and TOs should definitely be part of the punts, as you can get lucky some weeks and win those cats. 

oh that makes sense lol. Yeah, I just need to win 5-4. I think your league would be more competitive o your format hmm.

On 7/30/2019 at 4:16 PM, slmroz said:

Could you guys explain me the whole hype in his case?
I get it, he finished last season strong... like middle round level strong. What's the point in estimating him around 2/3 turn?

Did Curry's comparisons get the job done?

I love how well the OG post has aged ahaha! No one would have thought he was gonna be this productive so early in his career but my god he is class. 48 and 13 with 6 threes and 2 steals also 16/16 from the line. Go get em ICE TRAE

• Like 1

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/hawks-trae-young-not-among-finalists-for-team-usa/4CurYsKhTDMozVS9djJinI/amp.html

“I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hurt by seeing it. ... Obviously I would have wanted to play on the team,”

The disrespect is ridiculous.

Can't wait for an Atlanta playoff run - Trae deserves the biggest stage

Edited by MrCantaloupe
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/hawks-trae-young-not-among-finalists-for-team-usa/4CurYsKhTDMozVS9djJinI/amp.html

“I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hurt by seeing it. ... Obviously I would have wanted to play on the team,”

U know who else shouldn't be there besides some of the players like Derrick White, Barnes, and Plumlee - Coach Pop(overrated) 

there has to be more to this - How the hell can he possibly not be in a 44 man squad??

9 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

This is absolutely disgusting. Trae is better than the majority of these cats...

8 hours ago, Quazza said:

there has to be more to this - How the hell can he possibly not be in a 44 man squad??

Olympic squad is like a frat, they always give priority to older players and players whi have attended already and coach's favorites (Pop).

On 2/9/2020 at 4:25 AM, Trench Mob said:

These continuous ankle problems are worrisome. 

He really is the next Steph Curry. 

Did he intentionally miss the last FT??? Coz i need every single one of it! Also, it would have been nice to see it perfect at that volume of attempts...

Still... what a first game back from break!

Edited by fantasick

The heir apparent to Steph curry with possibly an even higher ceiling. Curry was never THIS good in his second year 

• Like 1

thank God for Trae Young.  I have Devonte Graham playing tonight.  I dare you to look at his line.

12 minutes ago, fabrar said:

The heir apparent to Steph curry with possibly an even higher ceiling. Curry was never THIS good in his second year 

Most likely because the style of play on the court was different before than today.

Edited by DoubleMcChickenn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DoubleMcChickenn said:

Most likely because the style of play on the court was different before than today.

Yeah good insight, way less 3’s back then, and the pace much slower.  Also, Steph dealt with ankle issues early in his career did he not. But this kid man , he’s definitely something special . The next Curry of that I have no doubt. Another great point I like to make, Trae takes alot of difficult 3’s , or pulls up closer to the logo . Which is why his % isn’t insanely high.  

It’s not like I’m already out Ben Simmons and JJJ this week as is 😭

1 hour ago, Kawz said:

It’s not like I’m already out Ben Simmons and JJJ this week as is 😭

Try having Jimmy, Simmons and Kat out so fun

47 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Try having Jimmy, Simmons and Kat out so fun

I feel like we’re all losers this year

• Like 1

HOW IS IT OVER A WEEK LATER AND HE’S STILL SUFFERING FROM FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS???

Seriously, the amount of tanking that goes on in the NBA is outta control.  Feels like there’s 3-5 guys on every team, every night that give players questionable tags.  It’s all bullshit.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1