slmroz

Trae Young 2019-2020 Outlook

Just now, hipriest69 said:

Wow even with CP3 as close to guaranteed to be limited to 65-70 games, and Westbrook with 3 bad efficiency categories?  At least Trae is elite FT...and is a near lock to play over 36 minutes game and will play in every single game barring injury...

I can somewhat understand CP3 as he'll get more steals and similar assists, less points, less rebounds, similar % (not way off at least)...but not scared of injury?  I have CP3 on exactly one roto team and I'm nervous as hell and just praying he doesn't go down with a hamstring injury in the first month or two...

8 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

I can somewhat understand CP3 as he'll get more steals and similar assists, less points, less rebounds, similar % (not way off at least)...but not scared of injury?  I have CP3 on exactly one roto team and I'm nervous as hell and just praying he doesn't go down with a hamstring injury in the first month or two...

What is difference between Westbrook and Trae Young efficiency cats? I have here one projection: FG% Young 43, Westbrook 44%, TO Young 3,9, Westbrook 4,1. Only at  FT% Young is much better, but he has generally worse counting stats. By any means I don't draft Young ahead of these proven studs.

Edited by apatas

3 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

Well in some recent drafts I've done he hasn't made it out of the mid 2nd round, so...do you grab Trae with his deficiencies in FG/stocks/TO?  He gets literally zero blocks, but I guess that's somewhat similar to a center getting less than 1 assist.  1 steal / game is adequate if he's gonna lead the league in assists.  FG is balanced by high FT.  TO suck but whatever.  I wish I could draft him but it's just so hard (almost impossible) to take him over other almost sure fire 1st round-ish players who might be available like Jimmy Butler, Vucevic, Drummond, Beal, etc.  

You aren't drafting a high usage guard in the top 20 for their efficiency or blocks outside of Harden or Curry, hence why they are top 5, and this is all completely meaningless. The steals will hopefully tick above 1 but that's the only meaningful deficiency on his averages in the second half of last season.

3 hours ago, apatas said:

What is difference between Westbrook and Trae Young efficiency cats? I have here one projection: FG% Young 43, Westbrook 44%, TO Young 3,9, Westbrook 4,1. Only at  FT% Young is much better, but he has generally worse counting stats. By any means I don't draft Young ahead of these proven studs.

That's exactly the difference.  Westbrook destroys your FT, whereas Trae has the potential to be elite - semi elite in FT.  Westbrook is punt level.  And you don't care about that?  I would also add that if you've ever seen Westbrook try to walk up stairs?  Dude looks like he has no knees left.  All his advanced metrics are poor and trending downward.  I wouldn't draft Westbrook even in the 3rd round.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Tremolay said:

Kemba or Young? I can't decide who has more upside.

Well Kemba’s upside is that he doesn’t miss games, he’d be lucky to be top 20 per game imo. 

3 hours ago, Tremolay said:

Kemba or Young? I can't decide who has more upside.

Young is going to dominate Atlanta's offence, whereas there's a lot of mouths to feed in Boston. Trae all day.

• Like 2

Was fun owning him last year and I picked him late in a draft.

2nd rd this season seems a little high but I guess its warranted after last season.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:59 PM, DLG10 said:

Was fun owning him last year and I picked him late in a draft.

2nd rd this season seems a little high but I guess its warranted after last season.

seen him go a lot in the second round. Dunno if I can do that. Upside is there but not sure about consistency 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

seen him go a lot in the second round. Dunno if I can do that. Upside is there but not sure about consistency 

I would take him over Kyrie, Kemba and Jrue if that helps you at all. Kyrie will miss games and be managed that's obvious, plus he is just incredibly soft and will miss more time from small stupid stuff. Jrue I have concerns about too because of Lonzo and Kemba is on a new team so that always introduces unknown and I don't think the Celtics situation is as good as his Charlotte one was. Trae is the undisputed leader alpha dog for the Hawks and his skills are insane. He is like curry but with kyries handling and finishing ability (not quite but getting very close) and cp3 type court vision, he is also cold blooded and I think he will go down as one of best point guards of all time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richg24 said:

I would take him over Kyrie, Kemba and Jrue if that helps you at all. Kyrie will miss games and be managed that's obvious, plus he is just incredibly soft and will miss more time from small stupid stuff. Jrue I have concerns about too because of Lonzo and Kemba is on a new team so that always introduces unknown and I don't think the Celtics situation is as good as his Charlotte one was. Trae is the undisputed leader alpha dog for the Hawks and his skills are insane. He is like curry but with kyries handling and finishing ability (not quite but getting very close) and cp3 type court vision, he is also cold blooded and I think he will go down as one of best point guards of all time. 

lol he is good but pump the brakes a bit. I agree though that he could be better choice than those guys 

9 minutes ago, richg24 said:

So 25 to 28 pts and elite assist with 3s a game, maybe a steal and horrific output in every other stat in a tiny frame that will probably sustain injury very soon is worthy of all that much? I guess I don't get it. I'll wait til late 3rd or 4th. 

30 minutes ago, richg24 said:

*hype train*

I'm not taking him over jrue this yr.

• Like 1

Gallagher would take him over Kyrie.  Ofc last year Gallagher said he would take Dejounte Murray over Kyrie. Maybe he really just hates Kyrie.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Gallagher would take him over Kyrie.  Ofc last year Gallagher said he would take Dejounte Murray over Kyrie. Maybe he really just hates Kyrie.  

You see, I don't 100% disagree with this. Obviously Kyrie is better, but in a Roto league I would imagine that Kyrie misses more games than Trae so who knows

20 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

You see, I don't 100% disagree with this. Obviously Kyrie is better, but in a Roto league I would imagine that Kyrie misses more games than Trae so who knows

He already had to leave the preseason game cause his mask hurt him lol he's the softest guy in NBA 

1 hour ago, rncnomics said:

*hype train*

I'm not taking him over jrue this yr.

What if lonzo improves and gentry loves him and his connection with Zion? Its clear they are bff already and throwing non stop lobs in practice. Jrue is a great player but lonzo could impact him quite a bit and it seems people aren't really considering that much when rating jrue. I guess even if his usage goes down he will still be really good for steals and out of position blocks. With trae you have seen already his elite 2nd round production for last full 2 months of season and he is the guaranteed focal point of the offense controlling all the possessions. To me that's a safer pick.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richg24 said:

What if lonzo improves and gentry loves him and his connection with Zion? Its clear they are bff already and throwing non stop lobs in practice. Jrue is a great player but lonzo could impact him quite a bit and it seems people aren't really considering that much when rating jrue. I guess even if his usage goes down he will still be really good for steals and out of position blocks. With trae you have seen already his elite 2nd round production for last full 2 months of season and he is the guaranteed focal point of the offense controlling all the possessions. To me that's a safer pick.  

I'm a little cautious of Jrue, but do like his game...even if the assists go down from say 6 to 4.5, that's still pretty good.  I'm wondering if the high FG and blocks are something that will continue to stick...but he's done it for 3 straight years so I'm inclined to say yes.  In some regards if he's below 20 points, his stat line kind of looks like Bledsoe who is dropping into the 5th/6th rounds.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

It was a joke about Gallagher and Dejounte Murray more than anything.  I’m not drafting Kyrie at his ADP this year.  Period.  Probably not Trae or Dejounte either tbh.  Lowry for half the cost is where it’s at. 

46 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

It was a joke about Gallagher and Dejounte Murray more than anything.  I’m not drafting Kyrie at his ADP this year.  Period.  Probably not Trae or Dejounte either tbh.  Lowry for half the cost is where it’s at. 

I agree with that also lol. I drafted Lowry for $23 though he didn't come cheap (I am from Toronto though and so is about half my league), got Trae for $31. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richg24 said:

I agree with that also lol. I drafted Lowry for $23 though he didn't come cheap (I am from Toronto though and so is about half my league), got Trae for $31. 

Lowry is a top 30 player with a preset auction value in the teens 😂 

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

Lowry is a top 30 player with a preset auction value in the teens 😂 

Ya i don't get it, if anything this season should have been one of his highest preranks. He has always had a more clear lead scorer on the team with Derozan and then Kawhi, now it's just Siakam (who is not as high usage or such a big scorer like Demar or Kawhi) and a bunch of system/role players around. Biggest opportunity he has had for fantasy purposes I'd say. I guess they are focusing on the age thing that he is getting older but as long as he is still motivated he will be fine and raps should be solid enough that he will play hard all season. 

• Like 1