Dirtbag

Caris LeVert 2019-2020 Outlook

With irving and Dinwiddie being healthy, I don’t think he is 12 T rosterable anymore 

12 minutes ago, csklmf said:

With irving and Dinwiddie being healthy, I don’t think he is 12 T rosterable anymore 

Unfortunately, I concur.  To think how most of us reached for him in the middle rounds and actually thought we were getting a steal.  No mas

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Unfortunately, I concur.  To think how most of us reached for him in the middle rounds and actually thought we were getting a steal.  No mas

He is definitely rosterable in 12 team league lol... it's been 2 games since he came back from 8 week injury. Keep your shortsighted insight on the DL.

33 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

He is definitely rosterable in 12 team league lol... it's been 2 games since he came back from 8 week injury. Keep your shortsighted insight on the DL.

Let’s be honest, pal.  He was barely rosterable prior to his injury and still is.  The dude sucks unless you’re punting FG, FT, TOs, stocks and he’s not good at anything.  The only reason most of us have held on patiently is because we don’t want to admit how foolish we were in drafting him higher than he should have gone.  I’m holding for a few more games and then cutting my loss for someone less toxic on five out of my 9 categories.  Good luck with the long game.

1 hour ago, Taipan said:

Let’s be honest, pal.  He was barely rosterable prior to his injury and still is.  The dude sucks unless you’re punting FG, FT, TOs, stocks and he’s not good at anything.  The only reason most of us have held on patiently is because we don’t want to admit how foolish we were in drafting him higher than he should have gone.  I’m holding for a few more games and then cutting my loss for someone less toxic on five out of my 9 categories.  Good luck with the long game.

I think it's shortsighted not knowing the upside Levert provides during second half of the season. 

We've only had small sample size to date. He has shown his potential, as he balled out prior to his leg injury last year. 

Levert just looks like someone you have to be patient with and hopefully you can hang on to him long enough for him to eventually be the 2nd best player on this roster like he's capable of. Right now just watching him play his bads in FT's FG% and TO's just doesn't outweigh the good right now with Kyrie's return. 

6 hours ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

I think it's shortsighted not knowing the upside Levert provides during second half of the season. 

We've only had small sample size to date. He has shown his potential, as he balled out prior to his leg injury last year. 

eternal optimism aside, he’s playing with two ball dominant guards and his short-lived good play pre-injury last year is an anomaly.  We were all hoping he would get a chance to play some meaningful games without KI to maybe get his groove back.  Apparently not! Don’t get me wrong, I’m hoping he turns it around, but will a contingency plan if he remains toxic to my team.

11 hours ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

His sample size of being good is faaaaaaar smaller than his sample size of being awful. His best finish to a season was top 130ish. He was good for the first 4-6 games last year and then got hurt. He was even trending down in his last 2 games of that short stretch to start last year. I’m still holding in hopes that I can get anything based on his fantasy hype “name value”, but I’ll probably end up having to drop him. Once he got hurt this year, my fg, ft, and to’s saw a massive boost lol.

I’ve had Levert three seasons in a row and the dude is just one of those players that’s better in real life than in fantasy. Ideally, he could shoot 45% and 78% but that just isnt the case. His numbers have been trending down in both %s the last three years.

Edited by ilimatic

2 hours ago, ilimatic said:

His sample size of being good is faaaaaaar smaller than his sample size of being awful. His best finish to a season was top 130ish. He was good for the first 4-6 games last year and then got hurt. He was even trending down in his last 2 games of that short stretch to start last year. I’m still holding in hopes that I can get anything based on his fantasy hype “name value”, but I’ll probably end up having to drop him. Once he got hurt this year, my fg, ft, and to’s saw a massive boost lol.

I’ve had Levert three seasons in a row and the dude is just one of those players that’s better in real life than in fantasy. Ideally, he could shoot 45% and 78% but that just isnt the case. His numbers have been trending down in both %s the last three years.

We shall see... only time will tell but I am going to be patient with this one. "To each his own."

Edited by RAGINGROOSTER

17 hours ago, Taipan said:

100% agree with this. It was a tough pill to swallow when I dropped him, but after I did, my team was much better off.

He is proving difficult to hold in competitive leagues. I can see why some may believe he has upside due to previous years but Kyrie joining the roster this year changes a lot. 

LETS GO BABY! 3/8 and 3/6 from the line through 3 quarters. He’s definitely getting back in the groove... of killing all your percentages that is. Sigh.

• Haha 1

Did anyone check if he was shooting free throws blindfolded?

LeVert is actually a really good basketball player. His ability to pass and handle the ball at his size is impressive. Don’t get why so many people in here are calling him trash and garbage because your fantasy team sucks. I wouldn’t drop him, wait for him to string together some good games and trade him because he’s too talented and highly owned in the league at this stage. To me, he’s had a hard time playing with Kyrie. Kyrie doesn’t like to move off ball and let teammates do their thing EVER. It’s him who needs to be the one with the ball in his hands, every time. He’s a blackhole, he will drive to the rim with his head down and not ever look to pass. Kyrie has one of the best basketball skills in NBA history, but he can’t play well with teammates. Dinwiddie hasn’t been all that great with Kyrie either, I don’t think any of his teammates have. Maybe Jarrett Allen. 

Edited by 7614
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 7614 said:

LeVert is actually a really good basketball player. His ability to pass and handle the ball at his size is impressive. Don’t get why so many people in here are calling him trash and garbage because your fantasy team sucks. I wouldn’t drop him, wait for him to string together some good games and trade him because he’s too talented and highly owned in the league at this stage. To me, he’s had a hard time playing with Kyrie. Kyrie doesn’t like to move off ball and let teammates do their thing EVER. It’s him who needs to be the one with the ball in his hands, every time. He’s a blackhole, he will drive to the rim with his head down and not ever look to pass. Kyrie has one of the best basketball skills in NBA history, but he can’t play well with teammates. Dinwiddie hasn’t been all that great with Kyrie either, I don’t think any of his teammates have. Maybe Jarrett Allen. 

I’ve always suspected nba players of checking out these fantasy-related sites. Is that you Levert???  Because only you could defend yourself so zealously.  Nobody is calling you a bad/terrible player - we are only truthfully saying that your real-life talent does not translate well to fantasy.  

My only teenie weenie request to you is to tighten your handles, stop turning the ball over, work on your FT, refrain from making boneheaded plays, get a steal or two every now and then, don’t be a blackhole like 2 of your teammates, and stay healthy.  Do that for me, and you’ll always have a spot on my roster.

• Haha 3

If Kyrie is healthy, he’s not a must own.  It’s really that simple.  His skill set is more suited for points leagues and he even sucks there.  So I’m not optimistic for his ROS outlook.  His ownership numbers are based off name only at this point.  Expect them to drop.

Did he completely forget how to play basketball? Somehow is becoming unrosterable in a 16 team points league, which feels like saying one is 'too slow to be a snail' or something.

Its insane how he went from "wow if he didn't get injured before that ankle injury, he would have been an all star " to.. "is he even aiming when he shoots"?

DROPPPPPED like the hot turd he is, as I welcome Derrick Jones to my roster.