Dirtbag

Caris LeVert 2019-2020 Outlook

Not sure if I punted my season or not but traded Levert for Boucher earlier today. 

In a 12 team league and dealing with Aytons suspension and Turner in my IR.

Currently 2-1 and probably losing this week so didn't think I could carry another injury into next week. 

Thought Boucher's upside was going to be better than what we're seeing tonight but now coming to the realization that Toronto is crowded. Thought Alec Burks would do a decent Levert impression given how well he's been playing, but he also tanked it hard tonight. 

In retrospect I probably should have switched Levert with Turner in the IR and streamed the Burks spot, no chance the Boucher owner was going to drop anytime soon. 

Edited by AstroWorld

I really like him, but he is the perfect definition of injury prone.

He wasnt playing well and I already have Mitch Rob, Hayward, Nurkic INJURED (2 IR spots), so I've dropped him for Dennis Schroder.

Surgery to repair ligament damage in right thumb... any chance this was affecting his shooting so far this season?

Roto blurb said at least 3 weeks, seems like it'd be a longer term recovery.

19 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Surgery to repair ligament damage in right thumb... any chance this was affecting his shooting so far this season?

Roto blurb said at least 3 weeks, seems like it'd be a longer term recovery.

Same surgery as Lowry...itll definitely be longer than 3 weeks

20 hours ago, Sfektz said:

Hold in 12 teamer with no IL?

I dropped him he's been bad this year in H2H, way too many TO, poor percents, not enough stocks.  He has high upside late this year for the playoff push but my squad already has a couple banged up guys can't afford any more non-producers right now or I won't even have a shot at the playoffs.

That said, as mentioned upthread if you can explore a trade option.  If nobody wants him and you need production drop him.  I suspect he's going to miss about a month and then it will take him another couple weeks to get up to speed.  He might be a top 70 guy by January.

• Like 1

Dinwiddie is the direct beneficiary with this injury but I read somewhere Temple will move into the starting line up. Anyone else see that? That’ll be a great source for steals.

Dropped him in a 10 team H2H. My IR spot is already taken with Fox. Someone dropped Danuel House Jr. so I scooped him up. I was hating LeVert's %'s and TOs anyways.

Edited by iflookzkill

IR slots already filled with Bagley, Oladipo, with Ayton being out, I can't afford to hold on to this guy anymore :( Nunn looking good

this guy worth holding in 14 team 9 cats that counts FG% FT% TO? there is no IR slots in this league

He doesn't seem to bring any steals and blocks either.

Edited by BIGFLY4MIKETROUT

2 hours ago, BIGFLY4MIKETROUT said:

this guy worth holding in 14 team 9 cats that counts FG% FT% TO? there is no IR slots in this league

14 team I would say yes, worth holding. anything below that I wouldn't call you crazy 

7 hours ago, BIGFLY4MIKETROUT said:

With no IR slots it's almost impossible to stash injured guys unless they're locked in top 50 guys when healthy.

Vyun should stop posting on these forums man. Levert is far from trash, even if his fantasy game is a bit trash. He was excellent last season before his injury, and when he came back in the playoffs he was also the best or 2nd best player during those games. Kyrie is a terrible nba player? Are you serious man? I am a huge Kyrie hater, can't stand him and his personality and his whining but he is still an amazing player. If not for Kyrie, Lebron had no chance winning that title on the Cavs. Kyrie played great in those finals, hit the most important shots late in the games, and obviously the dagger to win the championship at the end. I think he just likes trolling otherwise his takes are terrible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, vyun said:

Regarding Levert, obviously I meant trash in terms of fantasy. This is a fantasy forum, so everything should be assumed as such unless otherwise stated. Like how I otherwise stated with Kyrie. Your reading comprehension could use a few more SAT review books. I clearly stated that Kyrie is a superior baller/basketball player. But he is cancer in the NBA. A complete and utter toxin. Every team he goes on tanks, every player he interacts with becomes worse. I should say almost every. The only ones immune are the literal all-timers like Lebron and KD because they are so so so good that even a parasite like Kyrie can't hurt them. But for everyone else, Kyrie may as well be a giant tapeworm in the anus

Come on LeVert is far from fantasy trash.

32 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Come on LeVert is far from fantasy trash.

He's been terrible this year but yes, far from trash. And I don't know how Kyrie fits into this discussion? Leverts problems are FT%, TO's and lack of stocks. This has nothing to do with Kyrie so I don't know what Vyun is rambling about. If Levert can just fix those things (which are individual problems) the rankings will adjust itself. He was flirting with top 50-60 prior to his ankle injury last year and he was averaging 19/4/4 prior to his 2 ugly games leading up to his thumb injury. I can see him maybe cracking top 80-70 this year when he comes back so yes, to reiterate - far from fantasy trash.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vyun said:

Regarding Levert, obviously I meant trash in terms of fantasy. This is a fantasy forum, so everything should be assumed as such unless otherwise stated. Like how I otherwise stated with Kyrie. Your reading comprehension could use a few more SAT review books. I clearly stated that Kyrie is a superior baller/basketball player. But he is cancer in the NBA. A complete and utter toxin. Every team he goes on tanks, every player he interacts with becomes worse. I should say almost every. The only ones immune are the literal all-timers like Lebron and KD because they are so so so good that even a parasite like Kyrie can't hurt them. But for everyone else, Kyrie may as well be a giant tapeworm in the anus

My reading comprehension lol. You literally said "Kyrie is a terrible NBA player." That doesn't mean fantasy player, there is not much to comprehend. I also do get what you are saying that he is super talented and skilled but hurts his teams...I mean he didn't work out with the Celtics for sure, but he made the Cavs 100x better than they were without him. I do agree with you about him being a giant tapeworm in the anus though ... his character is actually worth less than that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vyun said:

Kyrie may as well be a giant tapeworm in the anus

His reading comprehension sucks? Look above, did I somehow not quote you word for word right there? You can't speak out of all three sides of your mouth at once and expect to have people just roll over and accept it.

On 11/15/2019 at 6:34 AM, CFN said:

With no IR slots it's almost impossible to stash injured guys unless they're locked in top 50 guys when healthy.

Would you drop him if you have Hayward in. 12 team league?

I said this last year about Levert but his game is just not fantasy friendly. People were really pissed on the forums when I said he wasn’t going to be a top 50 player. He MIGHT be able to be a top 50 player one day if you have a punt ft and to build, but that’s highly unlikely. Even this year when he was avging 19, 5, 5 (rough estimates), he was BARELY top 100 when punting ft’s AND to’s. I got offered Gallo for Levert and declined it, stupidly, because I’m a fan of his game in real life. I also play 2 week playoff matchups in each round and the Nets have one of the best playoff schedules in that format. I really wish I would have made that trade in hindsight, and not even because Levert got hurt.

I held him throughout his injury last year and am doing so again this year. Unsurprisingly, my team became way better last year after I started streaming his roster spot while he was on my IR. My team will probably be a lot better this year too with his spot being streamed. His avg/decent contributions in points and his out of position assists aren’t nearly enough to make up for everything he kills you in. Having Kyrie and Spence on the team doesn’t really do him any favors either. 

Edited by ilimatic

3 minutes ago, SundayMorning said:

Nah he was really bad... kills you in efficiency stats and steals aren’t there. Kinda been enjoying him being out

Feel this. Dropping him felt great.