Dirtbag

Caris LeVert 2019-2020 Outlook

Why havent we got any updates on this guy. He’s a pretty high profile player already 5 weeks into his 4-6 week timetable.

8 minutes ago, jdotb said:

Why havent we got any updates on this guy. He’s a pretty high profile player already 5 weeks into his 4-6 week timetable.

Update came out Dec 3rd that he has progressed to shooting drills and he is with the team on their road trip so he is close. Nets are always vague with their players 

https://eeuu-news.com/nets-caris-levert-thumb-may-return-soon-after-practicing/

After missing the past month-and-a-half, Caris LeVert is finally on the verge of a return for the injury-riddled Nets.

LeVert participated in almost every part of the Nets’ practice on Monday, their last before going on a Christmas break. They didn’t do a full scrimmage, but LeVert finally has been cleared for contact and did some contact work with the Nets coaches.

“I don’t want to get too excited, but he did most everything in practice,” Kenny Atkinson said. “He didn’t scrimmage, but we had coaches’ contact.”

“That’s a real positive step,” Atkinson said. “I’m not going to say the day or the date, but that’s a positive step. It’s trending up.”

He is not playing tonight. I need this guy this week. Maybe Thursday.

Caris LeVert (thumb) has been ruled out for Monday's game in Minnesota.

LeVert is traveling with the team on their road trip, and he's indicated that at this point the only thing he needs to do is get his conditioning back, so maybe he should be back within the next handful of games

my god dude must have been sitting on the coach eating potato chips for the 6 weeks his thumb needed to heal if hes STILL not in game shape....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, monkeyzonSteroids said:

my god dude must have been sitting on the coach eating potato chips for the 6 weeks his thumb needed to heal if hes STILL not in game shape....

Could play Saturday! I'll leave him on the IR, saturday is a huge slate anyway.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, monkeyzonSteroids said:

Yea I dont get it. A 4-6 week table and it's now been 7. "Needs conditioning " is a piss poor excuse when his injury was a HAND injury. He should've been well up to par with his cardio the whole time 

Edited by Dominator83

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

What do people reckon his averages are gonna be for the ROS?

32.5 mpg, 18.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.4 apg, 43.5% fg, 70% ft, 1.6 3s, 0.9 spg, 0.1 bpg, 2.8 to.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

What do people reckon his averages are gonna be for the ROS?

A lot depends on how soon or not soon Kyrie comes back. I expect a big difference between when he plays and doesn't

25 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

32.5 mpg, 18.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.4 apg, 43.5% fg, 70% ft, 1.6 3s, 0.9 spg, 0.1 bpg, 2.8 to.

doubtful but I hope!

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, BustHerPosey said:

doubtful but I hope!

This was last year in 40 games.  I would expect more minutes per game, like low 30 mpg range when he is fully back.

BRK 40 26.6 207 42.9 85 69.1 48 31.2 3.77 3.90 1.05 1.73 0.35 13.68 24.93

Edited by rabaak

He kills you in percents and TOs while not contributing much above average in the other cats.  A better real life player than fantasy.  Hopefully if you somehow held onto him this entire time he delivers better than the back end top 300 9 cat production he was at before he went down. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, rabaak said:

This was last year in 40 games.  I would expect more minutes per game, like low 30 mpg range when he is fully back.

Tm GM Min FG FG% FT FT% 3Ptr 3P% Reb Ast Stl TO Blk Pts  

BRK 40 26.6 207 42.9 85 69.1 48 31.2 3.77 3.90 1.05 1.73 0.35 13.68  

Sorry, somehow my paste would show the headings, but the post would not

Edited by rabaak

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, rabaak said:

These numbers need to be put in context. We have to remember that before he injured his leg last year (Nov 12) he was averaging 19 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 3.7 apg, 1.3 stls on 47.7% shooting.

He returned on Feb 8 and it took him about a month and a half to get back to what he was at the beginning of the season.

Last 8 games of the 18/19 reg season:

26.6 mpg, 16 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 4.3 apg, 48.9% fg, 1.8 3's, 1.1 stls, 65% ft 

Playoff series against PHI

28.5 mpg, 21 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 3.0 apg, 49.3% fg, 2.4 3's, 1.0 stls, 72% ft

I don't think my averages for ros is a stretch by any means. He was actually producing some great popcorn stats leading up to the 2 awful games before getting injured. What hampered his value is his lack of stocks, high TOs and terrible percentages. I expect those numbers to eventually balance out.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 3

Glad to see him back! I'll keep him on the IR till next week. I Imagine he's on a minute cap, although technically he wouldn't need one.

18 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

I just hope he gets more steals and curbs his TO's. I have him in a points league so I'm tempering my expectations.

2 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Glad to see him back! I'll keep him on the IR till next week. I Imagine he's on a minute cap, although technically he wouldn't need one.

I'd think him on the court with Kyrie off the court would be the ideal best time to start him.

Once Kyrie is back it's more of the same as before the injury.

• Like 1

I would guess 20 or less.

I wanted to really believe in him because he's in a contract year, but anyone that comes back in 7.5 weeks off a 4-6 week timetable is probably not thinking about the team or our fantasy teams.

He seems like a guy that would sub himself out.

And yes, I know about his leg injury.

• Like 1

Now that he's back.. time to punt FG FT and TOs LUL. Hoping he has a strong second half of season.