Dirtbag

Kevon Looney 2019-2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Sounds like he’s not for you. I’d imagine in an 18 teamer with using a minimum of 234 players( if 13 players per team) someone will find him useful. 

I drafted him got a few games out of him then dropped him for better options when it was too hard to swallow the IR pill. Since then I have picked up multiple useful assets who continue to perform average/above average in ~25 mins. Since it's a Points League the math is quite simple, and I am able to take guys like Dillon Brooks, Hardaway Jr, Kendrick Williams, Powell, Boucher, Burks over Looney.

18 * 12 players, and yes I think he will finish inside the Top - 200 (lol) but it's a H2H Format where volume and consistency counts, not Rotisserie where averages and timing trumps all. 

Looney used to be late middle to late round value, now with these new injuries he can't be trusted for anything earlier than final round value.

Edited by mtx

11 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

anyone in points leagues making the Looney add?

Depends on league size. I play in deep 12 teams(like a 14 team player pool) and the owners that drafted him never dropped. 

4 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

Haven't you all learned to stay away from injury prone warriors this season? What are you expecting lol? Do you want Kerr to ride broken looneys minutes out for a breakout season leading to a playoff run, while steph and klay both return in time?? He is going to be trash in totals and is a waste of time. Time share and lots of rest. The only place you hear about looney being hyped is this forum. Never had a good season, ever. Best of luck, grab noel while you still can. Even theis is better.

Looneys gonna be sitting games just as much as Draymond and he doesn't have what Draymond gives to make him worth keeping with injury/rest problems. Give this useless trash a rest already. 

3 hours ago, mtx said:

Fanatics and Looneytics, I'm not touching this guy in my 18-team Points pool, even though the format favors Looney. I need someone who can play consistently, not every other game. I can't trust Looney to get consistent 30++ minutes for the next 15 weeks. There is no chance in hell this guy plays 90% of the remaining games without GTD, B2B rest, or load management. 

Looney is one of the few Warriors pieces I see them wanting to develop for the long term. If he has truly found some treatment plan for his neuropathy then once he is in game shape I see a ton of upside. He's not a vet that will be load managed, he's a prospect and this is their year to see what he can do.

Edited by Eltoro

51 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Looney is one of the few Warriors pieces I see them wanting to develop for the long term. If he has truly found some treatment plan for his neuropathy then once he is in game shape I see a ton of upside. He's not a vet that will be load managed, he's a prospect and this is their year to see what he can do.

I'd think that's what the 20 to maybe 25 minutes a game will be for, but that's not enough time to see benefit from a fantasy perspective. If looney can handle 30+ a game, he's probably worth owing. I just highly doubt that happens. 

One more game and we get to witness His Looneyness come back... 10/10/1/1 out of the gates and piling up the stats when the minutes ramp up...

16 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

One more game and we get to witness His Looneyness come back... 10/10/1/1 out of the gates and piling up the stats when the minutes ramp up...

So you wanna say,Looney better Favors?No way

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GrandPa said:

So you wanna say,Looney better Favors?No way

At least Looney is not a cooked cripple lol.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

At least Looney is not a cooked cripple lol.

Feels like that s---y mattress from couple seasons back is still haunting Favors and his back 😱

• Haha 4

On 11/25/2019 at 2:28 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

A bit early, waiting till next week.

9 hours ago, IDatDude said:

Feels like that s---y mattress from couple seasons back is still haunting Favors and his back 😱

How's our rotoworld mattress fund going? Let's cure this man's back. 

• Haha 1

Between Looney, Wcs, Spellman and Chriss all playing some center minutes I'm not sure any of them would be worth owning when all are healthy just hoping the Warriors value Looney more and plays him 20+ minutes at least. 

8 minutes ago, Raiiny said:

Between Looney, Wcs, Spellman and Chriss all playing some center minutes I'm not sure any of them would be worth owning when all are healthy just hoping the Warriors value Looney more and plays him 20+ minutes at least. 

Looney and Spellman are the only two with firm contracts for next year. WCS has a player option and Chriss is on a one-year deal.  

Looney signed for below market value, and Kerr has said there's a lot he hasn't shown. I think Looney will be the priority out of the four guys before long--assuming he stays healthy. 

• Like 2

Looney and Russell are the only NBA level players on thsi team (WCS is borderline though).

His upside is about 12 points 8 rebounds. Very rosterable in standard leagues.  Still, he's not good enough to produce wins, so he doesn't hurt their tanking efforts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

lets see if kerr gives him 25mpg

Look at his roster lol. No doubt he should be smashing that by mid-December.

• Like 1

I been stashing Looney since the injury and he was dropped. Even before the all the warriors injury pile ups, Kerr has always said Looney would be starting and it seem like they intended to give him run this yr. Honestly not sure why everyone is so worried about WCS and Chriss (I doubt they are in the long term plans for the warrior...may be gd fantasy producers, but these guys just ain’t starter quality. Hell couple wks back they had to decide to almost cut Chriss to keep Bowman).

Looney was touted last summer as a sneaky add in the later rounds, situationally...besides overall health nothing changed much (I am a lil concerned long term about this though tbh)...I would argue things would be even better with Steph out long term atm for usage)

Dubs ain’t doing crap with the current line ups with WCS/chriss/spellman...

Looney and Spellman are the only long term pieces here for them, so most incentives to play these guys imo. Spellman would only be there for long term bench depth, so again...signs points to Looney. Unless you truly believe WCS/Chriss bonehead self are worthy of more mins then him....or maybe they go stealth tanking. 

I Think Looney deserves at least a speculative add and hold for a week to see how this plays out when he’s back to speed. If there’s a timeshare cut and move on...but I’m hedging my bets now. There aren’t many bigs left in any of my leagues at this point of season.  

Edited by IDatDude
  • Like 2

I mean in 10 mins of playing he had like 10 Rebs and a couple 3 pt attempts in the one game he's played lol

On 11/25/2019 at 1:28 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I just did. I have a spare spot so taking a flyer

He's an impactful player IRL but is he really worth adding in fantasy? Go look at his game stats last season including the playoffs. It's just a bunch of low rebound games (like 3 rebound games) with the occasional double digit ones. To be fair that is in about 20 minutes a game.

Edited by StephonMarburysVaseline