Dirtbag

Gordon Hayward 2019-2020 Outlook

Of course the INJ tag isn't given yet. I wonder if we have to wait till Monday. I have a pickup I want to make after slotting him on my IL. Yahoo pls... 

36 minutes ago, GuybrushThreepwood said:

Hold in a 12team league without inj spot?

Yes, you won’t find better talent on the wire at this point barring a big trade happening sometime soon.

Also, he just got INJ tag!

Damn that was the softest break I've seen. Get him some vitamin D, just make sure it's not from John Collins' nutritionist. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wow i seriously just traded Nunn for PJ Tucker for this guy right before the surgery news came out....

Does surgery likely mean he's out for a few months... or is it the opposite?

Edited by m1dday

11 minutes ago, m1dday said:

complete speculation, but my guess is 6-8 weeks and possibly longer

12 minutes ago, m1dday said:

depends on what they're fixing. If there's nerve or ligament damage along with the break it will be months...

Could be just surgery to speed up the healing process too

Wow surgery now. I feel bad for him. I don’t have him, but he is one of my favorite players and he was really playing well.

For those that do have him, at least you have someone to blame. Celtic homer himself Bill Simmons - like 10 minutes before the injury:

• Haha 1

6 weeks is not great but I thought it would have been worse for sure. At least there's a proper time line. 

On 11/10/2019 at 9:35 AM, GuybrushThreepwood said:

Hold in a 12team league without inj spot?

Someone dropped him in my 14-team league w/o inj spot. Should one spend a ww pickup?

1 minute ago, georgepr said:

Someone dropped him in my 14-team league w/o inj spot. Should one spend a ww pickup?

Yes wth. He’s out 6 weeks not 6 months, grab this dude immediately.

Edited by QingJames
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2019 at 6:53 PM, a-rob said:

What a bummer, one of the best come back stories so far. Will he be load managed once he returns?

Historically players coming back from hand injuries aren't load-managed. That's more for areas that are riskier for recurrent injury because if constant weight bearing, e.g. leg-related, lower back, etc. And players often can maintain their conditioning while recovering since lower body isn't affected. Granted, hand injuries from what I read do have increased risk for reinjury, but that's more from incidental events (e.g. player slaps the same hand again)

6 hours ago, georgepr said:

Hell yes dude. If you can make it till late December with a dead spot on your roster it's gonna pay huuuge dividends. 

3 minutes ago, -M- said:
#NEBHInjuryReport Gordon Hayward saw the doctor again today, according to Stevens. Coach didn’t have much to report, but said Hayward has been shooting this week and shouldn’t have much of a drop-off with his conditioning.

Doctor: you again