Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

8/1 - GAME DAY THREAD

Go Wheeler.

https://rotogrinders.com/weather/mlb

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

wheeler_35.jpg

Pineda pulled after 80 pitches.  Would have liked to have seen him go at least one more inning....

7 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

How do the Rays sit D’arnaud? 

Rays gonna Ray.

Nice to see Hoskins doing basically zilch in a 10 run blowout.

Way to make a good first impression, Dyson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why did MIN have to let Dyson close in his debut? What's wrong with pitching Taylor Rogers? And Rogers ended up pitching anyway.

Alfaro swings at 2-0 borderline pitch. Terrible approach.

6 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Unreal. 4-1 lead blown. Dyson is garbage.

Saying that isn't fair to garbage

• Haha 1

Cease is gonna Cease.  We knew all along that he was rushed due to the White Sox atrocious SP depth.  And when he was promoted, they said he’s staying in the rotation for the rest of the year.  Probably not wise to make that declaration.

2 minutes ago, Heroebal said:

Did Arrieta get hurt? 4 inn 1 ER 5k's 71 PC doesn't seem bad enough to pull him for me.

He has been dealing with a bone spur in his elbow so my guess is they are limiting his usage

23 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Cease is gonna Cease.  We knew all along that he was rushed due to the White Sox atrocious SP depth.  And when he was promoted, they said he’s staying in the rotation for the rest of the year.  Probably not wise to make that declaration.

This post didn’t age well because his ERA was adjusted (3 earned, not 4) and he finished strong.  First good line of the year - 7 IP, 3.86 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 6 K

10 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Go Pineda!

Go McKay (if I decide to start him)!

What have you decided about McKay? I'm in the same boat in 2 leagues...

11 minutes ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

What have you decided about McKay? I'm in the same boat in 2 leagues...

Right now, I have him in still, but mainly because I don't have another pitcher to plug in instead.  I'm tempted to make a move to bench him though, as the biggest issue I have with the matchup is that it is in Fenway.  If it was in Tampa, I'd be rolling him out there regardless.

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Nice to see Hoskins doing basically zilch in a 10 run blowout.

So did Segura, but at least Kingery had a great game.... after I cut him.  Bastard...

1 hour ago, papasmurf said:

Why did MIN have to let Dyson close in his debut? What's wrong with pitching Taylor Rogers? And Rogers ended up pitching anyway.

Alfaro swings at 2-0 borderline pitch. Terrible approach.

I have no idea.  That was dumb, as Rogers has been good enough to stay in the role all season.  I had no issue with them trading for Dyson for bullpen depth, but to put him in to close the game today was just plain stupid when Rogers is clearly the better option.  Obviously that blew Pineda's win, but even if I didn't own Pineda today, I still would have thought it was a stupid move.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Right now, I have him in still, but mainly because I don't have another pitcher to plug in instead.  I'm tempted to make a move to bench him though, as the biggest issue I have with the matchup is that it is in Fenway.  If it was in Tampa, I'd be rolling him out there regardless.

Yeah I might bench him both leagues as well.

Hader gives up a first pitch 2 run bomb to Matt Chapman to fall behind 4-3 in the 8th.