AndreSplash

Thomas Bryant 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

i have no need for this guy.  im punting boards (but not blocks) and he doesnt block.  literally the only thing he offeres me is FG%.  bye bye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s not a drop. You don’t wait months for a guy to come back from an injury just to drop him 3 games into his return. If you’re desperately fighting for the playoffs then it’s up to you, otherwise, he’ll be on someone else’s team in two weeks from now when his minutes restriction is lifted and he’s the starting center getting big double doubles while you regret dropping him. The wizards are invested in his development, not 33 year old mahinmi.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind the Wizards have one of the best fantasy playoff schedules 

They go 4/4/3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's clearly an easy hold. Sometimes I'm getting really shocked about the high level inpatience in this forums. 

By the way, he would have played over 20 minutes last night if the game wasn't a huge blowout. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is Brooks is starting Bryant at the 4 with Mahinmi at the 5, like what are u trying to accomplish with that lineup lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

The problem is Brooks is starting Bryant at the 4 with Mahinmi at the 5, like what are u trying to accomplish with that lineup lol

Acquiring more pingpong balls

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

The problem is Brooks is starting Bryant at the 4 with Mahinmi at the 5, like what are u trying to accomplish with that lineup lol

Common bro obviously Brooks sees Ian as the second coming of KD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bryant is dropped in my league. Should I drop any of sekou, Patrick Beverley and Darius garland and claim him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Quazza said:

Man not looking good. He got pulled early as the spacing was horrible. He was on the bench visibly pissed off and had to be calmed by Wall (of all people )

Scott brooks is well known for dicking around players minutes in fantasy world. Just because he wears glasses, that doesn’t mean he is smart 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Bryant is dropped in my league. Should I drop any of sekou, Patrick Beverley and Darius garland and claim him? 

Beverley. Other two have too much upside 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, csklmf said:

Scott brooks is well known for dicking around players minutes in fantasy world. Just because he wears glasses, that doesn’t mean he is smart 

 

Although clearly a hold, the Wiz front court is pretty crowded, especially if Wagner comes back, who was already eating into his minutes...

 

I used to think Bryant was ultra valuable and was just gonna play a million minutes a night and go nuts.  But the NBA overall is tending to devalue slow footed big men, and although Bryant is good and can space the floor somewhat, he isn't an elite rim protector or shooter and isn't quick enough to guard on the perimeter.  So in theory the Wiz should develop him because he's young and good, but that still might not mean major minutes moving forward.  Which is also why I traded him away in dynasty...he's not really above the median in anything except FG, doesn't hurt you in FT but doesn't help you either, is only slightly impactful in rebounds, doesn't get steals, and is below median in blocks for a center, and position / archetype is being devalued league wide.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was pretty solid last year and also at the start of the season plus he is only 22 years old. I don’t understand why so many demand every young kid to deliver 22/13 or something like that. Give him some time ffs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

 

Although clearly a hold, the Wiz front court is pretty crowded, especially if Wagner comes back, who was already eating into his minutes...

 

I used to think Bryant was ultra valuable and was just gonna play a million minutes a night and go nuts.  But the NBA overall is tending to devalue slow footed big men, and although Bryant is good and can space the floor somewhat, he isn't an elite rim protector or shooter and isn't quick enough to guard on the perimeter.  So in theory the Wiz should develop him because he's young and good, but that still might not mean major minutes moving forward.  Which is also why I traded him away in dynasty...he's not really above the median in anything except FG, doesn't hurt you in FT but doesn't help you either, is only slightly impactful in rebounds, doesn't get steals, and is below median in blocks for a center, and position / archetype is being devalued league wide.   

Lol Wagner was not eating into his minutes. Mo was getting minutes in the teens. Mahinmi will go away soon and Rui is still out. The guy just returned from a injury calm down he’ll be fine 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol why on earth would you drop Bryant if you’ve held him for 2 months with an injury and he’s clearly on a minutes restriction. At least wait until the restrictions are off to see how he is producing and what his role is.

Remember this is the same guy who went HAM for the last 6 weeks of last season, and that was when his role was not nearly as defined as this year.

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 1:45 AM, summersoff7 said:

i have no need for this guy.  im punting boards (but not blocks) and he doesnt block.  literally the only thing he offeres me is FG%.  bye bye


This is actually an ok reason to move him, if he doesn’t fit your team build. But I would at least wait to see if he recovers some value to see if you can trade him. Productive big men are pretty scarce nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 5:25 PM, DezedandConfused said:

The problem is Brooks is starting Bryant at the 4 with Mahinmi at the 5, like what are u trying to accomplish with that lineup lol

 

No Bryant, No Bertans LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly is Brooks doing here? 

I don't see any news of setbacks with his foot so I'm slightly confused as to why Bryant isn't starting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

What exactly is Brooks doing here? 

I don't see any news of setbacks with his foot so I'm slightly confused as to why Bryant isn't starting 

It's a player development season at this point. So gotta develop Mahinmi real good.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Roco said:

looks like Brooks don't like this kid. 

Naw they're just being overly cautious, at least he's at 14 minutes with 7 min to go in the 3rd for today's game. Slowly ramping up his minutes with emphasis on slowly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DiscoNinja33 said:

He's back baby!.. 

 

11-4-1 and a block in 13 min. 

Me Likey. 

Man, I benched this guy today cause of the heavy schedule. Oh well. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Naw they're just being overly cautious, at least he's at 14 minutes with 7 min to go in the 3rd for today's game. Slowly ramping up his minutes with emphasis on slowly.

only playing cause Ian in foul trouble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.