AndreSplash

Thomas Bryant 2019-2020 Outlook

as a TB owner i’m so relieved he played more than his usual 18 minutes, but i’m not too excited for his outlook to be honest now that we know he was playing low minutes not due to injury management but his play on the court, yesterday he only played 9 first half minutes and on par for another 18 min night,  when suddenly he was playing well in the second half and Brooks let him in, sort of like a momentum sort of thing. I desperately need him on my team and have held on for so long and i do hope last night will be a positive trend going forward. 

I looked at his game logs before he was hurt and he only crossed 30 mins twice in his last 10 games. Most games he was at 22 or 28. That could be final shifts missed in blowouts but I also remember Wagner closing out a few close games as well

W Mahinmi, Rui, Wagner, Bertans, and Pasecniks all in the fold soon who knows what Brooks decides to do

31 minutes ago, kilslo said:

I looked at his game logs before he was hurt and he only crossed 30 mins twice in his last 10 games. Most games he was at 22 or 28. That could be final shifts missed in blowouts but I also remember Wagner closing out a few close games as well

W Mahinmi, Rui, Wagner, Bertans, and Pasecniks all in the fold soon who knows what Brooks decides to do

Some counterpoints:

Rui and Wagner are both coming off of major injuries and we've seen how Brooks eases these guys back slowly. And who knows how long everybody can stay healthy at once, if this season is any indication not long at all.

Wizards play at an insane pace, regularly having games with scores in the high 130s -140s  so there should be plenty of opportunity for TB to produce even in the low to mid 20 minute games.

Trade deadline should clear out players who aren't in the mix for the future and open up some playing time as it did for TB last year. 

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Some counterpoints:

Rui and Wagner are both coming off of major injuries and we've seen how Brooks eases these guys back slowly. And who knows how long everybody can stay healthy at once, if this season is any indication not long at all.

Wizards play at an insane pace, regularly having games with scores in the high 130s -140s  so there should be plenty of opportunity for TB to produce even in the low to mid 20 minute games.

Trade deadline should clear out players who aren't in the mix for the future and open up some playing time as it did for TB last year. 

I would assume he gets 25+ minutes going forward every game at this point. Not sure there will be a ton of 30+ minute games but no more of this 17 or 18 minute bullshit lol

He only needs 25 minutes to be good

Same ****, different year. Really thought Brooks wouldn't dog around TB like last year but here we are lmaooo

Brooks is such a garbage coach it's honestly incomprehensible at this point. 6:21 left in the 3Q and we're getting 18 minutes each of Isaac ******** Bonga and Mahinmi over 11 minutes of Bryant????

The only reason Bertans hasn't played more than his 19 minutes is because he has 4 fouls, not to mention Mahinmi ALSO HAS 4 FOULS and is still playing. 

God please let the Washington FO realize that they can't employ a clown to be managing their team on the floor. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Qartan said:

Brooks is such a garbage coach it's honestly incomprehensible at this point. 6:21 left in the 3Q and we're getting 18 minutes each of Isaac ******** Bonga and Mahinmi over 11 minutes of Bryant????

The only reason Bertans hasn't played more than his 19 minutes is because he has 4 fouls, not to mention Mahinmi ALSO HAS 4 FOULS and is still playing. 

God please let the Washington FO realize that they can't employ a clown to be managing their team on the floor. 

They are leading that's why he is sticking with the lineup. But damn, hoping to win than developing their young guys? Brooks is really a dumb coach and I am hoping he gets fired.

Scott Brooks acting like a hoe again ... so what else is new 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

Where are the Mahinmi believers now?

There are Mahinmi believers!?? Where?

Besides Brooks, I am fairly certain anyone who works in or watches the NBA knows he is a career backup who has been severely overpaid. And if the Wizards think he has any trade value, they are sadly mistaken.

32 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

Where are the Mahinmi believers now?

The ones that didn’t get the memo Bryant would be eased in slowly? Yeah they’re busy making Mahinmi contingency plans. 

He's proven he can beast it even in 20-25 minutes and his usage is higher off the bench facing second unit scrubs. Might not be the worst thing in the world for his value and it might even help keep his foot healthy. 

Playing 20 min as of right now and another good game in the works with 17/0/9/0/1 with 1 3 and 2-3 from the line. 

37 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

Playing 20 min as of right now and another good game in the works with 17/0/9/0/1 with 1 3 and 2-3 from the line. 

Ended the night with

25 min 7-11FGM 1 3PM 2-5 FTs

17/10/0/0/1

I like it.

We're gonna find out tonight if he was worth holding this whole time. Washington will be at full strength so his minutes will be very interesting 

4 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

We're gonna find out tonight if he was worth holding this whole time. Washington will be at full strength so his minutes will be very interesting 

Rui and Wagner just returning from long term injuries and will likely come off the bench on limited minutes for a bit. Mahinmi will finally eff off. Bryant-Rui will be the big combo as it was to start the season

• Like 1

He's still buy low. Bryant seems to relentlessly make mistakes such as picking up 2 fouls in the first minute, getting a technical from being too emotional etc. I've watched a lot if wizards game this year and based on what I see, he looks like the clear cut 2nd best player on that team. I think they just want him to calm down a little and get in control before they reward him with more minutes. 

If that's not the case, then Brooks is messing up pretty bad.