AndreSplash

Thomas Bryant 2019-2020 Outlook

Oh boy, why did Magic Johnson ever let go of you. That guy should just never be a part of a team ever again and I can't believe I'm saying that -- what an idiot.

Bigs things for Thomas Bryant this season. Looking good!

Edited by MysticPeak

I'm going to be targeting him. He should get a good amount of minutes and I don't see any reason the solid play would stop. I hope he'll be overlooked.

What’s the earliest you guys would take him? After Capela, it’s him, Favors, Adams, Whiteside i look at when targetting bigs in mocks.

Edited by seeL

1 hour ago, seeL said:

What’s the earliest you guys would take him? After Capela, it’s him, Favors, Adams, Whiteside i look at when targetting bigs in mocks.

Whiteside is way lower on my board unless I’m hard punting FT past the point of no return.

Capela and now probably Adams are higher for me.  Idk Adams has very poor FT, almost as bad as Whiteside.  

I like Favors and I’ve defended him in the past.  But I have some vague apprehension about him.  I think he will be good but something about a degenerative knee condition makes me scared, even if he’s healthy now.  And I think some of the lines people have put up are a little exaggerated.  

The preseason isn’t the best indicator.  But it does give you a chance to physically look at the players.  I think Bryant is over everyone in that list aside from Capela. 

Edited by StifleTower2

1 hour ago, seeL said:

I take Bryant over all those guys outside of Cap

What if Westbrook negatively impacts Capela's statistical output, like it's supposed to have influenced Adams'?

7 hours ago, perkinsfor3 said:

What if Westbrook negatively impacts Capela's statistical output, like it's supposed to have influenced Adams'?

I would say Westbrook actually helps Capela's stats because of his (declining) ability to get to the rim and draw defenders...I see a lot of lobs and easy buckets for Capela...but not sure how much higher his FG and points can go anyway, since they're already pretty much close to peak...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

Im thinking boards mostly 

Points too.  Should be between 16-20 / game.  He routinely scored over 20 ppg last year.  His average is low because he was playing sht minutes for most of the year.  When he got minutes he's around 18-20 ppg.    

FG should be elite on decent attempts.  Won't hurt FT.  Chips in 3's and assists (basically not a complete zero like some centers).  

He's basically a cheaper version of John Collins, with a 2-3 round or more of ADP.  Except that Bryant's FG is better, his blocks might be better, his rebounds might be better, so I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the year we're saying Thomas Bryant is a better John Collins!

Edited by hipriest69
  • Like 4

Also got him today, there is literally nobody except Beal on that roster who will contribute regularly so I guess he will ball out!!

Edited by KB24MVP

11 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

Also got him today, there is literally nobody except Beal on that roster who will contribute regularly so I guess he will ball out!!

Hachimura is unproven, but he's been ballin. But yeah. This Wizards roster is just sad.

15 hours ago, mmart_ph said:

4/4 3pts! Is this for real?

I'm hoping it is. A few preseason games ago, he went 3/14 from the field but 2/5 from 3 with 10 rebounds. Still a useful line. He won't have many games where he goes 1/9 from inside the arc. 

Don't own any shares of Bryant but I'm thinking I gotta go get him before the season starts.  This thread is making my heart beat fast.  Might have to wave bye bye to Caris LeVert to get it done :(

2 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Don't own any shares of Bryant but I'm thinking I gotta go get him before the season starts.  This thread is making my heart beat fast.  Might have to wave bye bye to Caris LeVert to get it done :(

Hmm hard to say unless you need the big Levert will be ok this year with KD out

18 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

looks like he's got hurt in his back..

He got elbowed in the back of his head. But he's fine and about to come back in.

• Thanks 1