AndreSplash

Thomas Bryant 2019-2020 Outlook

I'm still holding for the time being. This setback is definitely a blow but I'm hoping he'll be ok to go after the asb

6 minutes ago, izeroi said:

I'm still holding for the time being. This setback is definitely a blow but I'm hoping he'll be ok to go after the asb

Nah I dropped. He was back for what? 3 weeks? And Brooks still refused to give him consistent minutes. Now after a setback, he's gonna be even more bubble wrapped ROS 

9 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Nah I dropped. He was back for what? 3 weeks? And Brooks still refused to give him consistent minutes. Now after a setback, he's gonna be even more bubble wrapped ROS 

His last 4 games his minutes were going up. If you're in trouble of not making the playoffs or if there's a hot pick on the waiver then sure drop. Not the case for me and a few others, but come playoffs I think he'll be valuable to have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you’re locked into playoffs he’s a fine hold through ASB.

washington has a very nice playoff schedule. I like that upside over any short term pickup gain 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, outherebrother said:

This years Trey Lyles 

Bryant was an almost guaranteed top-60 play if he didn't get injured. It's not our fault that we couldn't guess he would get injured.

• Like 1

Man, some of y'all are tripping. Him being a drop is based on your individual situation. I'm sitting in first in the league I have him, 4 games ahead of the second placed guy so I have very little incentive to drop him (we have 2 ILs). If you drop him, he will be claimed by someone who is strategic and has an IL slot, because the upside is too much to leave on the wire.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That's some enlightening news. Although setbacks for stress reactions are expected, it could have just been minor? But this is good to hear regardless.

He was all over Beal the other day after the game winner too.

12 minutes ago, scaniagm said:

Is #1 waiver worth it on him? I’m locked I. The playoffs 

Absolutely. If he stays healthy he’ll feast and Wiz have a terrific playoff schedule 

1 hour ago, Obliviate said:

That's some enlightening news. Although setbacks for stress reactions are expected, it could have just been minor? But this is good to hear regardless.

He was all over Beal the other day after the game winner too.

Damn he was jumping up and down too. Foot is fine it seems lol

3 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

Damn he was jumping up and down too. Foot is fine it seems lol

Right?! So we have to be optimistic about it. He was in a walking boot for a while when he suffered the injury back in early December so if he's jumping like that then you can somewhat confirm that the evaluation was great.

You hold this dude just on the name Bryant itself . He got some mamba juice in him . STRONG HOLD !

• Like 2

8 hours ago, scaniagm said:

Is #1 waiver worth it on him? I’m locked I. The playoffs 

For sure it is!! Those who dropped him will regret badly in the Playoffs..

• Like 1

Who ever is reading RW update I suggest you to stop reading it.  They don’t know what they talking about for half the time.   
Bryant even in 20 min was putting better number then any 12 man league wavier. 
stop over reacting. If you have IL and locked in for play offs you keep him.  If your not making it then drop but please don’t read the update by RW. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing I’ve been speculating is that maybe he didn’t actually have a setback, and they simply wanted to give him extra rest with the asb looming to make sure he’s good for a second half run with them being close to 8th seed. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

One thing I’ve been speculating is that maybe he didn’t actually have a setback, and they simply wanted to give him extra rest with the asb looming to make sure he’s good for a second half run with them being close to 8th seed. 

thats what i was thinking. also that was before trading deadline thought they were show casing ian mahiami. 

extra rest won't hurt at all

16 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

Any news? 

Thomas Bryant (right foot stress reaction) practiced on Wednesday but he's still questionable for Friday's game.

Prior to the break, Bryant had a "great" re-evaluation on his troublesome foot. The Wizards likely want to see how he responds to practice before determining whether he'll play, and we should know more on Thursday. Even if he is cleared to play, though, owners should prepare for strict minute-limits for the foreseeable future.

The Wizards are 6-5 in their last 11 games and are only 2 games back in the loss column for the 8th seed. The new starting 5 of Ish, Beal, Bonga, Rui and Ian have been dominant in their time together so I have to think Brooks sticks w that going forward since they're playing well together and in the playoff hunt 

So all things considering

Mahimni, Wagner, playoffs and injury history 

I would not be surprised to see Bryant topping out at 24 minutes which he can still do damage w but I doubt we see him "unleashed" this season