AndreSplash

Thomas Bryant 2019-2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

He's been pretty lame seriously.  Pre season I thought he would be like Bam or Bam lite.  Instead he's just trash.  And him coming back got in the way of people picking up some hot prospects.  Now what's out there.  Gorgei Dieng if you're lucky?  Might as well hold if there are no good WW guys out there. 

Bruh he was excellent before the injury. Once the minutes come up he’ll end the season strong. If you’re struggling drop if not he’s an easy hold. Don’t know why you thought he’d be anything like Bam lol Bam is turning into Jokic and Bryant doesn’t get assists 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, dorwell said:

And tbh: I'm probably able to pick him up again if he makes good progress in the next weeks.

Watch someone claim him from waivers lol. In his return from injury he was putting up strong numbers in 20-25mpg; you'd be a fool to drop him when you're third 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

Watch someone claim him from waivers lol. In his return from injury he was putting up strong numbers in 20-25mpg; you'd be a fool to drop him when you're third 

exaclty what I've been saying for the last 3-4 weeks lol

Probably he's the league winner for the guy who is #1 on the waiverlist 

If you’re fighting for a playoff spot it may be okay to drop him but for anyone who’s safely in playoffs it’d be foolish to drop someone which this much upside. 

10 hours ago, kane said:

I think you will regret it

Competitive league’s waiver pretty dry 

I don’t need Harrison Barnes or Kyle kuzma hell no. 

Playoff begins week 21. Wizards 3443 

I need a C/ PF. I’m currently 4th in my league. Preparation for playoff is not a bad move 

Edited by csklmf

I'm done with him.  Dropped in leagues where I'm not clearly in a bye.  Even if I'm comfortably in the playoffs, I'm over it.  I would rather vie for a bye.

4 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

I want to reach second place. I'm not buying that Bryant will give me better stats then streaming his spots with 4 adds per week.

4 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

exaclty what I've been saying for the last 3-4 weeks lol

Probably he's the league winner for the guy who is #1 on the waiverlist 

#1 waiverlist is 9th so no worry bout a league winner here ;-). But even third place with #3 on the list won't touch him. You burn a roster spot with him in the next 2 weeks minimum. 8 and 7 last game? You know how this has to develop to bring out a league winner?

1 hour ago, PlayoffP said:

If you’re fighting for a playoff spot it may be okay to drop him but for anyone who’s safely in playoffs it’d be foolish to drop someone which this much upside. 

That sounds good but, no offense, there is no base for your post. He is not IR eligible, you can't stream, you can't pick up a real league winner in the meantime. Multiple foot injuries for a big man. Got hurt during ramping up of his playing time only three weeks ago. Wizards working with three Center right now and are okay with Mahinmi and Wagner in their roles. Why do you think they will even let him play 25 minutes shortly after reinjuring when he is the future on the C position?

1 hour ago, csklmf said:

Playoff begins week 21. Wizards 3443

I don't think he plays 8 games in two weeks tbh. You will probably have minimum one rest game for Bryant.

59 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I'm done with him.  Dropped in leagues where I'm not clearly in a bye.  Even if I'm comfortably in the playoffs, I'm over it.  I would rather vie for a bye.

That was exactly my thought.

5 hours ago, Stefan said:

Told yaaa he was drop city

Lol. He just returned. I hope you weren’t expecting instant pre-injury numbers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

Lol. He just returned. I hope you weren’t expecting instant pre-injury numbers. 

Ofc not... I dont expect anything from him anymore... Wizards will be EXTRA cautious this time around... And thats it... Nooo way he comes close to pre-injury numbers. 

Week 20-23 Wiz play 4-3-4-4 (15) games... I BET Bryant doesnt play more than 10-12 games due to.rest/load management.

Sooo Drop City

Ofc not... I dont expect anything from him anymore... Wizards will be EXTRA cautious this time around... And thats it... Nooo way he comes close to pre-injury numbers. 

Week 20-23 Wiz play 4-3-4-4 (15) games... I BET Bryant doesnt play more than 10-12 games due to.rest/load management.

Sooo Drop City

The fact that Minnesota was fined will hopefully lessen the load management situation. 
My league is a keeper league. Keeping him until the end of season will also give me some leverage even tho price is kinda high ($11 + 10) 

Sooo Drop City

I’m just not seeing the harm in holding him as a luxury stash?

There’s a good chance he doesn’t see 30+ minutes again this year, but he’s still very productive in 20-25.

Why not hold him for another couple weeks to see where he’s at before your playoffs? Worst case you’re streaming his spot.

2 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

I’m just not seeing the harm in holding him as a luxury stash?

There’s a good chance he doesn’t see 30+ minutes again this year, but he’s still very productive in 20-25.

Why not hold him for another couple weeks to see where he’s at before your playoffs? Worst case you’re streaming his spot.

Well my playoffs starts monday sooo yeah

Just now, Stefan said:

Well my playoffs starts monday sooo yeah

Well that changes things! 😂

• Haha 1

First game since he came back from injury where he’s played 2 shifts in the first half 

Only played one shift in the second half but it was the last 8:40 

He would have finished the game but got pulled along w the others due to the game getting out of hand (which would have gotten him to 20 minutes)

At this rate he should be close to 25 minutes by the time playoffs start

• Thanks 1

Not too shabby, not too shabby at all . Progress baby ... I like it 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

He's starting! Here we go! 

Minutes still restricted? He’s on my wire I’m tempted to grab

11 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Minutes still restricted? He’s on my wire I’m tempted to grab

If he is still on minutes restriction he's very very close to having it lifted. 

Bryant said it feels like he has finally crossed a bridge with his recovery. His foot, he said, feels almost completely back to the way it was before the injury.

“I feel very close,” he said Friday. “Today’s game felt really good for me. Just going out there and playing with my teammates and being ready. I feel like my body is getting back, used to the grind and going out there and playing.”

36 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Doesn't matter if he's starting wont play more than 20 min 

He played 25, 29 before all star break, he should get there soon.

Posted (edited)

Im shocked they are starting him this soon after his last set back.  I thought he would be at 15 minutes for a few weeks.

Edited by RingMyBell

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Wiz have a back to back next week I bet he sits one game

Last b2b game they had he didn't so hopefully that trend continues. I'm just glad Mahinmi is not in the rotation anymore, today's game was a blowout so rotations were kinda off but I expect Bryant/Wagner/Bertans/Rui to handle most of the PF/C minutes from here on out.

• Like 1