Rotoworld.com Forums

Thomas Bryant 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Last b2b game they had he didn't so hopefully that trend continues. I'm just glad Mahinmi is not in the rotation anymore, today's game was a blowout so rotations were kinda off but I expect Bryant/Wagner/Bertans/Rui to handle most of the PF/C minutes from here on out.

They've been playing Rui at the 5 for small ball lineups so not sure if Bryant has the path to 30 minutes with Wagner also taking in 20mins.

My guess is he will be in the low to mid twenties range depending on how effective he is on the day.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean 18-10-6-1-1 with pristine percentages. Top 12 line on the night according to BBM. And we get 35+ more potential games like this ROS season. Let's go choo choo indeed.     

The hate for this guy seems a bit much imo. Even when he does well some find a reason to complain. He's a 22 year old center who is still learning the game and got his first real shot at legit minutes

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, deathrazor said:

They've been playing Rui at the 5 for small ball lineups so not sure if Bryant has the path to 30 minutes with Wagner also taking in 20mins.

My guess is he will be in the low to mid twenties range depending on how effective he is on the day.

He only needs 20-25 minutes to be effective. Last time he was on a minutes restriction it lasted for 2 weeks before they pulled it. He's like 9 days in after coming back this time around, so hopefully the restriction is lifted soon within the next week. 

Edited by DezedandConfused

He only had 15 minutes and still put up a decent line. If he doesn't get injured again he will be great when the Fanatsy Playoffs start, still a couple of weeks time to get his playing time up. And don't forget the great schedule the Wizards are having ROS

5 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Starts but only logs 15 minutes. Brooks is gonna brooks 

Was match up based and Wiz were blowing them out. Wiz play 3 games in 4 nights I am sure he was just resting him. Doubt he plays in the back to back as he rested vs the Bucks last time they had one

Another solid line in just 19 minutes. I hope they continue to ease him in that there won't be a setback before the Playoffs. If he is at 27-30 minutes in 2-3 weeks, that would be great and sufficient!

Edited by KB24MVP
  • Like 1

He’s got 3 back to backs coming up in a row (not including this week) and 2 are gonna be during the playoffs 

Hopefully he gets cleared for at least one of them 

He’s gonna have to play better to get the big minutes though bc he’s looked better in the box score then on the court. Brooks ended up calling him out for playing soft last night 

4 minutes ago, kilslo said:

He’s got 3 back to backs coming up in a row (not including this week) and 2 are gonna be during the playoffs 

Hopefully he gets cleared for at least one of them 

He’s gonna have to play better to get the big minutes though bc he’s looked better in the box score then on the court. Brooks ended up calling him out for playing soft last night 

Brooks should learn basics of defending before calling anyone out. The team lets anyone score 120 points nightly 

I just wanna see him even hit 28mpg. The numbers would be really juicy, but with the current NBA it's so common for players that get a single injury to be load managed. Can't really drop the kid either because he'll get picked up. Just gotta ride this and use a streaming spot to pick up games :(

11 minutes ago, rabaak said:

Looks like with 5 fouls, we are going to have another dud from Bryant tonight. 

Holmes and T.Thompson are still on my league waiver wire.

I'm losing patience on this guy.

I would tell you to grab Holmes ASAP !!

10 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Smell the tacos

Must be comments from the Roto guys again.

We have 18 centers in my 12 team points league that have better point per game averages than Holmes does. 

So with needing only 1 center per team, Holmes has not been that valuable. Plus the injury and there he is still on the waiver wire.

55 minutes ago, rabaak said:

Must be comments from the Roto guys again.

We have 18 centers in my 12 team points league that have better point per game averages than Holmes does. 

So with needing only 1 center per team, Holmes has not been that valuable. Plus the injury and there he is still on the waiver wire.

You were looking for category leagues, not Roto.

He’s must roster in any category league, whether H2H or Roto.

I’d assume he’s must roster in most points leagues, but you have an odd position requirement.

51 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

You were looking for category leagues, not Roto.

He’s must roster in any category league, whether H2H or Roto.

I’d assume he’s must roster in most points leagues, but you have an odd position requirement.

It is normal 12 team CBS points league roster. Nothing odd. You only need on starter at center. 

He is averaging 24.31 fantasy points a game.  His points per minute played are .84 That is not that great.

So there are 18 other centers doing better than Holmes. 

Most of the good centers are over a point per minute played. Even Jarrett Allen is doing .92 pts per minute. 

I can't put the report of the 18 guys ahead of Holmes, as it is bigger than 51k limit that the forum software enforces.

Just for comparison, here is the number  #14 guy vs #19 and it is not even close as who should be rostered.

image.png.1511f567678128c1e177fde29faa1dbf.png

What is here that make Holmes must rosterable in any league??

image.png

15 minutes ago, rabaak said:

It is normal 12 team CBS points league roster. Nothing odd. You only need on starter at center. 

He is averaging 24.31 fantasy points a game.  His points per minute played are .84 That is not that great.

So there are 18 other centers doing better than Holmes. 

Most of the good centers are over a point per minute played. Even Jarrett Allen is doing .92 pts per minute. 

I can't put the report of the 18 guys ahead of Holmes, as it is bigger than 51k limit that the forum software enforces.

Just for comparison, here is the number  #14 guy vs #19 and it is not even close as who should be rostered.

image.png.1511f567678128c1e177fde29faa1dbf.png

What is here that make Holmes must rosterable in any league??

image.png

You're comparing one guy who was picked off waivers and one guy who was drafted in the 65 range. Jarret Allen was also drafted in most leagues. Also in cat leagues when Holmes was healthy he was putting up 1st round value in 9 cat, his best play was in the month of December (15.4/8.9/1.3/1.4 steals/1.2 blocks on 67.8% FG and 89.1% FT) which is also around 35 pts per game in points leagues. 

But then again this is the Thomas Bryant thread, still holding for the 4 game weeks.

Edited by DezedandConfused
51 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

You're comparing one guy who was picked off waivers and one guy who was drafted in the 65 range. Jarret Allen was also drafted in most leagues. Also in cat leagues when Holmes was healthy he was putting up 1st round value in 9 cat, his best play was in the month of December (15.4/8.9/1.3/1.4 steals/1.2 blocks on 67.8% FG and 89.1% FT) which is also around 35 pts per game in points leagues. 

But then again this is the Thomas Bryant thread, still holding for the 4 game weeks.

The original question all this was based on was how could Holmes be on a waiver wire in any league?? 

He is not been that good in a points league this year (by a wide margin on a per game basis, and then there was the injury). 

I hope he starts lighting it up again like he did in Dec. But with his min limit, Giles and his goofy coach setting rotations, I'm not optimistic he comes close to his Dec stats before the season ends.

12 minutes ago, rabaak said:

The original question all this was based on was how could Holmes be on a waiver wire in any league?? 

He is not been that good in a points league this year (by a wide margin on a per game basis, and then there was the injury). 

I hope he starts lighting it up again like he did in Dec. But with his min limit, Giles and his goofy coach setting rotations, I'm not optimistic he comes close to his Dec stats before the season ends.

Yea which is why I stick to category leagues for season long and play daily for points league style.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Yea which is why I stick to category leagues for season long and play daily for points league style.

Categories have their issues too. 

I played categories and got tired of punting and having mediocre players that specialized in 1 category on my team to try and win.

Like the guy in the Zion thread who can't play him because his FT% is so bad. So he was going to sit him for the week.

What real NBA team would sit Zion because is FT% was crappy.

So this Categories is superior doesn't ring true for me.  

To each his own on that. I'm certainly not going back to playing categories.