AndreSplash

Thomas Bryant 2019-2020 Outlook

12 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

This is the worst.. I just picked up Otto Porter Jnr off waivers and have him in my IR slot.. Please come back soon OPJ! 

Just curious, how deep is your league to Otto Porter Jr. on the wire?

30 minutes ago, NoahsArc said:

Just curious, how deep is your league to Otto Porter Jr. on the wire?

14 team league.

A team had multiple injuries and he dropped him. 

I’ve already got Curry in my out and Collins on the bench. Is it worth holding Bryant? 10 team comp with 13 man rosters based on points and big man rated good because double doubles are 5, triple doubles 10, blocks and steals only 1 each and fg makes 1 while fg missed -1 and turnovers -2. 

Worth considering on the waivers:

Hart

Hood

Miles Bridges

Bjelica

R.Gay

Dragic

House

N.Powell

D.Brooks

Who would you pickup for Bryant or hold?? 

4 minutes ago, Jackdean33 said:

I’ve already got Curry in my out and Collins on the bench. Is it worth holding Bryant? 10 team comp with 13 man rosters based on points and big man rated good because double doubles are 5, triple doubles 10, blocks and steals only 1 each and fg makes 1 while fg missed -1 and turnovers -2. 

Hart

Hood

Miles Bridges

Bjelica

R.Gay

Dragic

House

N.Powell

D.Brooks

Bridges or house

12 minutes ago, Jackdean33 said:

Hart

Hood

Miles Bridges

Bjelica

R.Gay

Dragic

House

N.Powell

D.Brooks

Personal team questions are answered on the assistant coach forum. I'd hold for now over the options

21 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

14 team league.

A team had multiple injuries and he dropped him. 

Oh I see, tough year for injuries. Can’t remember the last time there were this many serious injuries early in the year. Normally they happen closer to or after the all star break.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoahsArc said:

Oh I see, tough year for injuries. Can’t remember the last time there were this many serious injuries early in the year. Normally they happen closer to or after the all star break.

It's crazy!.

Bryant, Lowry, Irving, D-Lo, Fox, Levert, Zion, Curry, OPJ, Bagley, Vucevic, Middleton, ReggieJ and on top of that Ayton/Collins suspensions. 

Fair list of talent that have missed or will miss 10+ games! 

Edited by DiscoNinja33
edit
  • Like 1

so currently;

Vuc
Lowry
Richardson
Conley
Smart

and now Bryant

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f150674a29970e97b1

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

RIP

hope you handcuffed him

In leagues where holding him in IR isn’t an option, would it make sense to just drop for Wagner?

Feels like he’s been encroaching on Bryant’s role even without the injury in mind. Interested to see if he takes the starting role for good.

You guys dropping if you don't have an IR spot? This is a legit 5-6 week injury. 3 weeks is so optimistic. My brother had a stress reaction as well and doctor told him to rest 6 weeks, but he said he felt better around week 5 fwiw. 

1 hour ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

It's crazy!.

Bryant, Lowry, Irving, D-Lo, Fox, Levert, Zion, Curry, OPJ, Bagley, Vucevic, Middleton, ReggieJ and on top of that Ayton/Collins suspensions. 

Fair list of talent that have missed or will miss 10+ games! 

Did you really just include Reggie Jackson in that list lmao

• Haha 1

Playing the only other 6-0 team in my league this week. I wish this news would have come out yesterday before the weekly lineups were set.  Guess I can't complain about being 6-1.

Stress fractures can be tricky. I would assume they will have him in a boot. With little activity. So he will lose conditioning as well. 

Might be Feb before we see meaningful minutes from Thomas again.

Bryant, Collins and Conley out .. 3 players doens't sound like much, but i'm in a 10-man roster league. That hurts way more.

Awesome. Just got hit with 3 injuries yesterday (Bryant one of them) and the other two are big men as well. I knew my season was going too well for something like this not to happen. 

Got a gut feeling this is going to be more than 3 weeks

14 hours ago, Quazza said:

so currently;

Vuc
Lowry
Richardson
Conley
Smart

and now Bryant

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f150674a29970e97b1

You think that's bad? Try being down Ayton, DLo, Smart, Bryant, Clarke, Morant and House...and I just traded for Bryant and Clarke lol.

41 minutes ago, Basketboss21 said:

What's the reasoning behind?

Boney stress injuries (i.e. stress fractures and stress reaction) most frequently occur in the foot and fibula/ankle with one study finding that the most occurring at the 5th metatarsal (Note: A stress fracture of the 5th metatarsal is not the same as a Jones fracture. These two injuries have different mechanisms and typically occur at two different locations on the bone). Though return to play percentage was rather low in the two studies listed above, those who did return to play didn’t see much decrease from their pre-injury levels of performance. Both studies found that stress injuries of the foot (particularly of the 5th metatarsal and navicular bones) had the worst prognosis and the previously highlighted study reported that players missed an average of 25 +/- 21 games when diagnosed with a stress injury. Interestingly, both studies found that the majority of injuries occurred during the first six weeks of the regular season.

http://www.awolfamongwolves.com/2019/07/nba-injury-analysis-part-one-what-injury-is-the-most-difficult-to-return-from/

• Thanks 1

The only reason I can be optimistic is that it's a stress REACTION not stress fracture. I may be wrong but it sounds more like a bone bruise than anything else.

2 hours ago, 4th and 9ers said:

You think that's bad? Try being down Ayton, DLo, Smart, Bryant, Clarke, Morant and House...and I just traded for Bryant and Clarke lol.

Nice list you got there.

How about Kyrie, Collins, Zion, Bryant, Otto Porter?