Trench Mob

Bam Adebayo 2019-2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, rncnomics said:

i guess everyone is used to these monster lines now.

pretty much, just another day at the office 

Edited by Cozie
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, rncnomics said:

i guess everyone is used to these monster lines now.

Yeah this is pretty much it.  Not that we don't get excited seeing it every time but I guess there's no need to discuss it when it's just what he does.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Yeah this is pretty much it.  Not that we don't get excited seeing it every time but I guess there's no need to discuss it when it's just what he does.

Yea pretty much. The same reason why there's never any discussion on Lebron, Harden, etc unless of course they're either hurt of having a ungodly statline, even by their standards 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 1:56 PM, JJ-Reddit17 said:

Fantasy superstar. It'll be a pain all year that I was 1 pick away.

This guy is ajoy to watch

I picked him off the waivers in my 6 team fantasy bball :)

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, HooLeeFook said:

I picked him off the waivers in my 6 team fantasy bball :)

Not laughing at you in a negative way, just reading that he could be picked up from waivers and seeing that smiley face made me laugh out loud.  In a six man league I suppose circumstances are completely different from normal.  Still find it strange he wasn't drafted though as I feel like I got him in the fourth round.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Not laughing at you in a negative way, just reading that he could be picked up from waivers and seeing that smiley face made me laugh out loud.  In a six man league I suppose circumstances are completely different from normal.  Still find it strange he wasn't drafted though as I feel like I got him in the fourth round.

Yea it's just a friends league.  There were a ton of center that had more potential than him and did well in the beginning.  I have to face teams that have both Sabonis & Drummond; Embiid & Porzingod; David & Vuc & Gobert &Thompson; Luka & Giannis & Love; KAT & Capela for rebounds and I'm not winning ~~~

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the1gq2nvy said:

I traded him away for jokic..its been close so far but im missing those stocks.

If you are aiming for 3pts and ast you aren't missing much.  Plus Jokic has better FT%

BAM's stock has been good lately HOWEVER there are a lot of center that are out performing him in stocks and rebs.

26 minutes ago, HooLeeFook said:

If you are aiming for 3pts and ast you aren't missing much.  Plus Jokic has better FT%

BAM's stock has been good lately HOWEVER there are a lot of center that are out performing him in stocks and rebs.

LOL lately? Mans been a beast all season. First year as a full time starter and has exceeded his ADP. He’s the biggest reason Miami is a contender and he’s outperforming Jokic. Doncic isn’t top 3 in fantasy and that’s after dropping monster triple doubles 

12 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

LOL lately? Mans been a beast all season. First year as a full time starter and has exceeded his ADP. He’s the biggest reason Miami is a contender and he’s outperforming Jokic. Doncic isn’t top 3 in fantasy and that’s after dropping monster triple doubles 

It really depends on what you need the reb+ast is really close however Jokic is a unique center and could have been one of the *cheatcode* fantasy player if he cuts out his coke diet and slow start.

BAM is still not a first option in Miami.  He is 2nd round value right now.

Jokic’s ceiling is on another level, it’s just that simple. Bam is good, no doubt. No need to compare to jokic.

• Thanks 1

Traded this guy away for Ayton and am now regretting it :(. Missing those assists + stocks

Edited by adreeyun

1 hour ago, simon said:

Jokic’s ceiling is on another level, it’s just that simple. Bam is good, no doubt. No need to compare to jokic.

Agreed.  Nuggets offense runs through Jokic (only point center in this league).  I'm not sure if BAM is good enough to have offense run through him.

If BAM develops a 3 pt shot, get better 75% FT percentage, and maintains his rebound and stock rate then I can see him being better than Jokic.  And for sure BAM can develop in Miami.

but Right now Jokic has another level that BAM cannot reach this year.

Side note.  BAM averaging 11reb 1.5stl 1.5blks however an eliet center averages 15-20reb and 2.5-3.5blks with 65-70%FG which BAM is not.  Play BAM in my 6 man league and you will get your a** stomped by combination of Gobert + AD.

17 minutes ago, HooLeeFook said:

Agreed.  Nuggets offense runs through Jokic (only point center in this league).  I'm not sure if BAM is good enough to have offense run through him.

If BAM develops a 3 pt shot, get better 75% FT percentage, and maintains his rebound and stock rate then I can see him being better than Jokic.  And for sure BAM can develop in Miami.

Side note.  BAM averaging 11reb 1.5stl 1.5blks however an eliet center averages 15-20reb and 2.5-3.5blks with 65-70%FG which BAM is not.  Play BAM in my 6 man league and you will get your a** stomped by combination of Gobert + AD.

*elite first of all and by your logic, Embiid isn’t that good because he doesn’t average 15-20 boards a game and 2.5 blocks and Whiteside is the best center in the NBA. You need to learn the guy pal. Bam just became a full time starter and has smashed his ADP. Jokic went in the first round in most drafts and had been disappointing until recently. If you actually watched a single Heat game you’d realize they run most of the offense through Bam. Jokic averages 1 steal and less than 1 block a game

21 minutes ago, HooLeeFook said:

Side note.  BAM averaging 11reb 1.5stl 1.5blks however an eliet center averages 15-20reb and 2.5-3.5blks with 65-70%FG which BAM is not.  Play BAM in my 6 man league and you will get your a** stomped by combination of Gobert + AD

I guess there are no elite centers in the league then 🤔

3 hours ago, taenggg said:

I guess there are no elite centers in the league then 🤔

Only KAT, Drummond, and maybe Whiteside

3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

*elite first of all and by your logic, Embiid isn’t that good because he doesn’t average 15-20 boards a game and 2.5 blocks and Whiteside is the best center in the NBA. You need to learn the guy pal. Bam just became a full time starter and has smashed his ADP. Jokic went in the first round in most drafts and had been disappointing until recently. If you actually watched a single Heat game you’d realize they run most of the offense through Bam. Jokic averages 1 steal and less than 1 block a game

Embiid is unique too due to his ability to get bs fouls and hitting free throws.  He is a tier below KAT, Drummond, Whiteside

a tad bit below Jokic (due to his s---y start)

And also Embiid has an injury history and miss games and the fact that he plays low minutes.

If Embiid plays 35 mins a game plus healthy then he would be top tier, since by then he would have probably 15 reb/g and 3blk/g with 10FT/g at 80%

Bam is really really really good, but let’s calm down with the better than Jokic talk. Even with his slow start to the year, Jokic is still ranked higher than Bam. If you punt ft’s, Jokic is still ranked higher than Bam, though it’s closer. 

If you’re talking strictly real life basketball, Jokic is still better than bam. Even with how bam has been getting assists this year, he’s not running the offense like Jokic is. Bam clearly bodies Jokic defensively though.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, croydonfacelift said:

Ouch. Looks like Embiid has his number. I think Bam’s two worst games this year have been against Philly. 

There may be something to that, but he also put up 23/9/5/2/2 vs Embiid 10 days ago. 

• Like 1

Is it just me or is that homeless looking dude Butler stealing ma boi BAM's rebounds ~ 

Trade Butler FFS