Sign in to follow this  
Bandito

Help w final keepers/possible trades (WHIR)

12 team PPR, start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 flex.

Keep 8 min.  Can keep more by foregoing picks, starting with your first.

I have picks 2.3, 2.9, 3.3, 5.3, 5.11, 6.3, 7.3, 8.3.

Definite keepers include Rodgers, Saquon, Kerryon, Guice, ABrown, Woods, Ertz.

Who would you take as the final keeper? Options: JAllen, Barber, AP, CSamuel, ZJones, Fitzgerald?

As for potential trades, one team has ESB and the 1.03 and 1.09 on the block, looking for RB help.  We have made many trades together.  Full disclosure: he got the picks FROM me.

The team with Edelman is looking for RB help.

The team with Mack is looking for WR help.

Thoughts?  Leave your link!

Josh Allen Bills will trail every week and he will be running & throwing a lot, having that combo is always nice. 

I agree with the guy above. I would keep a receiver. However Curtis Samuel has the edge for me. Fitzgerald is 36, and just had the worst season of his career. There is not much upside for him and its expected to be his final season. Samuel played 87% of the Panthers snaps in the past 4 weeks of the season. Carolina let Funchess leave and with him gone there is no one really to replace Samuel. He looks like the WR2 right now. He proved last year when he was given the targets (which he will be this season), that he could produce. He is a sleeper. I would look to see if maybe that Edelman owner is interested in anything. Would he do maybe Edelman for your Peyton Barber and the 3.3 or 2.9 pick? I'm not exactly sure. Obviously Edelman is a lot better than keeping Samuel. So if you were to trade for him you would not be keeping Samuel. You can basically offer off those 6 players you plan not to keep and a pick for Edelman. About ESB, isn't he like the 3rd WR2 on the Packers? Has he even played yet? All in all, you have a nice team and I wish you luck this season.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bandito said:

As for potential trades

Can you trade before deciding the keepers?

• Like 1

I’d choose Samuel and then try to target Mack in a trade. I feel like going for picks won’t be as good as so many players are already kept. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Can you trade before deciding the keepers?

Yes. Keepers have to be declared in three weeks or so. Our season just opened, so I can trade anytime. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bandito said:

Yes. Keepers have to be declared in three weeks or so. Our season just opened, so I can trade anytime. 

1) OK great.

2) I like Samuel, I think he's clearly the best option in Dynasty, even if he isn't that great yet and Carolina has been a bit of a graveyard for WR the last couple years.

3) I think you need to go for that trade with the 2 picks, but how much does he want? It's gotta be somebody like AB or Ertz at least I guess?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

3) I think you need to go for that trade with the 2 picks, but how much does he want? It's gotta be somebody like AB or Ertz at least I guess?

I GAVE him the two picks in a deal to GET Ertz after last season. :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I GAVE him the two picks in a deal to GET Ertz after last season. :lol:

So that wasn't a bad guess. With the most recent news I wouldn't mind to get rid of AB for 2 firsts, but I may be wrong on that.

• Like 1

Just got an offer of:

HIS: Gus Edwards (yuck), 2.1, 4.8   for

MY: Barber, 7.3, 8.3

Should I do that for the pick upgrades?  Should I try to get RFreeman (on his trade block) instead?  But then I'd about have to keep him over Samuel (unless I give up the 2.1 at the draft to have the extra keeper).

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

Just got an offer of:

HIS: Gus Edwards (yuck), 2.1, 4.8   for

MY: Barber, 7.3, 8.3

Should I do that for the pick upgrades?  Should I try to get RFreeman (on his trade block) instead?  But then I'd about have to keep him over Samuel (unless I give up the 2.1 at the draft to have the extra keeper).

Thoughts?

I don't see you were going to keep Barber, so that seems like an easy yes to me. Upgrade the picks, dump Edwards, bye bye. Getting Freeman isn't bad, but I think if you have to give up a 2.1 that may be too much.

I now see in the original trade for the 1sts, he needs RB help. Any chance you can dump Guice on him for those?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For keepers it’s between Allen and Samuel. I lean Samuel as I think you’d have a better chance at getting Allen back later on. 

As far as his trade sent I’d take Edwards and those picks for.  I would says if you can trade the 2.1 for Freeman you should go for it. I feel at the end of his year that you will view him as an upgrade over anyone you could get at 2.1. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I now see in the original trade for the 1sts, he needs RB help. Any chance you can dump Guice on him for those?

I could try. I know there's risk with Guice, but this league hordes RBs something awful.  So I'm a little nervous having only Saquon and Kerryon on roster. If I were to cut Barber instead of trading him, he'll immediately become the best non-rookie RB available. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GreatScott! said:

As far as his trade sent I’d take Edwards and those picks for.  I would says if you can trade the 2.1 for Freeman you should go for it. I feel at the end of his year that you will view him as an upgrade over anyone you could get at 2.1. 

I'm going to see if I can get him to sub Freeman instead of Edwards.  Even if he did, and I have to turn around and burn the 2.1 to keep him, I'd still have my original pick at 2.3.  So it'd kinda be like just getting Freeman as a 'free' ninth keeper, then hope he does something with his opportunity next season.

Heard back from other owner.  He doesn't want to give up Freeman -- I'm thinking he's going to keep at least 12 players and just fill out his roster in the back half of the draft.  I'm going to counter and see if we can also swap his 5.5 for my 6.3.  It's not a huge bump, but it does move my final draft selection up nearly a full round.  Good?

Allen for last keeper he's gonna put up a lot of fantasy points since Bills are horrendous and will trail every week. 

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

It's not a huge bump, but it does move my final draft selection up nearly a full round.  Good?

Makes total sense to me.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Allen for last keeper he's gonna put up a lot of fantasy points since Bills are horrendous and will trail every week. 

Except I won't EVER start him if Rodgers is healthy. All he would be is a project for down the road. 

i'd go with the fitz, even if he's getting on with age: i see him having a better season than samuel, and i can't see samuel overtaking any of your other keepers in a year's time, so he'll be on the bubble again.

trade-wise, anything that improves your picks, even marginally, is fine. hard to say what should you try to do as that depends so much on the league.

barber for edelman if you like edelman more than fitzgerald seems feasible.

• Thanks 1