Gorgeous George

Lauri Markkanen 2019-2020 Outlook

Bulls medical staff is a joke. Majority of their team is on the injury report daily. They kept listing him probable with an ankle injury when the dude had a hip issue lol 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

This injury came out of nowhere. 🤔

Are you guys holding? His season his fallen off the rails 

We don't have an IR. I already have P. George out and Bryant just coming back. Somebody dropped Porter in our league. So I dropped Lauri for Porter and felt lucky for the timing.

Matt Stroup looks at some second-half breakout candidates, including Michael Porter Jr., Cam Reddish and Lauri Markkanen

Aite Matt the insider we look forward to his breakout.

11 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

Matt Stroup looks at some second-half breakout candidates, including Michael Porter Jr., Cam Reddish and Lauri Markkanen

Aite Matt the insider we look forward to his breakout.

He's gotta breakout of the cage Boylen put him in first.

Edited by SkalChriston
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, rabaak said:

We don't have an IR. I already have P. George out and Bryant just coming back. Somebody dropped Porter in our league. So I dropped Lauri for Porter and felt lucky for the timing.

Which Porter? Otto, Michael, Kevin?

MPJ. It was in my Sig. If I'm having trouble with losing players to injury, why would I pick up Otto or Kevin who are also injured

20 minutes ago, rabaak said:

MPJ. It was in my Sig. If I'm having trouble with losing players to injury, why would I pick up Otto or Kevin who are also injured

I would hope after this season every league has at least one IR slot.

People say it's challenging...lol...what challenge? Waiting for someone else's top draft picks to get injured lol?

But yeah, I thought it was Otto haha.

I haven't kept up on Otto's status so I thought, "hmm, yeah I guess so, neither have done much this year, possible Laui's out even longer"

But man someone dropped MPJ lol?

Because he went 5/15 or something? Hope it wasn't for Omari Spellman.

Edited by SkalChriston

at least on the bright side his skill set isn't overly hard to replace off the WW in shallow leagues. points, medium boards and 3s with a sprinkling of defensive cats at times. 

2 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

I would hope after this season every league has at least one IR slot.

People say it's challenging...lol...what challenge? Waiting for someone else's top draft picks to get injured lol?

But yeah, I thought it was Otto haha.

I haven't kept up on Otto's status so I thought, "hmm, yeah I guess so, neither have done much this year, possible Laui's out even longer"

But man someone dropped MPJ lol?

Because he went 5/15 or something? Hope it wasn't for Omari Spellman.

He picked up  Mykhailiuk. The guy is one of the league leaders that I'm chasing. 

Lauri is currently sitting on our wire in 14 H2H league, and he said the injury felt like normal soreness.

Any chance he could be back before ASB?

Worth to pick up and wait?

Edited by vinchg

Worth a pickup in 12 teamer with IR spot? 

Wendell Carter Jr is also available but would have to drop Millsap or Otto Porter from IR just don’t know when any of these dudes are expected back??

4 hours ago, vinchg said:

Lauri is currently sitting on our wire in 14 H2H league, and he said the injury felt like normal soreness.

Any chance he could be back before ASB?

Worth to pick up and wait?

I think you're misreading the intent of this quote. It wasn't meant to downplay the severity or imply the timetable would be faster, but that it was a freak injury that was totally unexpected. I would stick with the original timetable that was given, which would put his return in 3-5 weeks from now.

• Like 1

Don’t forget all star break is coming up where you pretty much lump 2 weeks of games into 1 week, so it helps for those stashing

Edited by TonyRomo

On 2/4/2020 at 2:16 AM, christino3286 said:

Worth a pickup in 12 teamer with IR spot? 

Wendell Carter Jr is also available but would have to drop Millsap or Otto Porter from IR just don’t know when any of these dudes are expected back??

Kinda need guidance on this as well. Has been stashing WCJ who mentioned an early timetable return just to find out today he’ll return after the all star break.

markannen is also available in the waiver. Who has the higher upside?

5 hours ago, Iyon said:

Kinda need guidance on this as well. Has been stashing WCJ who mentioned an early timetable return just to find out today he’ll return after the all star break.

markannen is also available in the waiver. Who has the higher upside?

I would prefer Lauri over WCJ - both don't really rack up defensive stats but Lauri will still hit you an elite amount of 3s for a bigs with similar board numbers. Also WCJ seems to be super injury prone with all sorts of Random little niggles even when hes healthy

Who knows what Lauri's timetable is though.

Doesn't seem like Bulls are great on providing injury info (See Otto Porter).

We have no IR and I just lost Bryant again after losing Lauri. Seem like Markkanen was starting to play well after early season struggles and then he is gone for 3-5 weeks.

Would love to be able to stash him, but I can hardly field a team with Bryant, Rose and MPJ all injured.

16 minutes ago, rabaak said:

Who knows what Lauri's timetable is though.

Doesn't seem like Bulls are great on providing injury info (See Otto Porter).

We have no IR and I just lost Bryant again after losing Lauri. Seem like Markkanen was starting to play well after early season struggles and then he is gone for 3-5 weeks.

Would love to be able to stash him, but I can hardly field a team with Bryant, Rose and MPJ all injured.

I’d say he returns just before fantasy playoffs (early March). Still worth stashing. We have a solid timetable for him which is at least better than OPJ and I think he’ll be closer towards the 4 week mark considering he did say he would be able to play through it. This is just the Bulls being cautious imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

I’d say he returns just before fantasy playoffs (early March). Still worth stashing. We have a solid timetable for him which is at least better than OPJ and I think he’ll be closer towards the 4 week mark considering he did say he would be able to play through it. This is just the Bulls being cautious imo.

I don't know.

He played well the night before all this came out. 

Then he/the Bulls decided this was serious and he needed to go on the shelf for 3-5 weeks.

I'm not sure how they will evaluate/decide all is well, go ahead and play.  Seems like this came out of no where and might linger or reoccur when he tries to comeback.

18 minutes ago, rabaak said:

I don't know.

He played well the night before all this came out. 

Then he/the Bulls decided this was serious and he needed to go on the shelf for 3-5 weeks.

I'm not sure how they will evaluate/decide all is well, go ahead and play.  Seems like this came out of no where and might linger or reoccur when he tries to comeback.

It was a bit of soreness he was dealing with and they decided to do a precautionary MRI.

Bryant had the same injury to his left foot and missed about 5 weeks. Applying the same timetable would put Lauri right in the fantasy playoff mix.

It’s also why I dropped Thad for Juancho as I’ve got an eye for the playoffs and I don’t think he’ll be relevant with Lauri’s return.

Keep in mind the FG% hit as a possible tiebreaker consideration with other IL holds like WCJ.  Lauri is shooting like 42% on the season.

With OPJ, Lauri, and WCJ all coming back around ASB if all 3 were available to stash IR who are the holds? Bulls are terrible at giving any clear info!